2020 Tour Dates! THERE ARE SO MANY

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Mr. B

Re: 2020 Tour Dates! THERE ARE SO MANY

Post by Mr. B »

So late June show in Chicago area has been officially cancelled/rescheduled to June 2021. So now the hope is the September show at the Vic happens, but I ain't holding my breath.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

I wonder if these shows will happen as scheduled. They are high on my priority list as I've never seen DBT in any of these states.

Missoula, MT
Fargo, ND
Santa Fe, NM (have a ticket for this...was originally to be in Albuquerque)
Indianapolis, IN (have a ticket for this and was having dinner across the street on March 12 when it was postponed)

I also hope to attend the 7/31 show in Schenectady, NY but I haven't bought a ticket yet.

I have tickets for the 2 Asheville shows and will add the Winston-Salem show just before if those shows happen in September.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Bill in CT wrote:I wonder if these shows will happen as scheduled. They are high on my priority list as I've never seen DBT in any of these states.

Missoula, MT
Fargo, ND
Santa Fe, NM (have a ticket for this...was originally to be in Albuquerque)
Indianapolis, IN (have a ticket for this and was having dinner across the street on March 12 when it was postponed)

I also hope to attend the 7/31 show in Schenectady, NY but I haven't bought a ticket yet.

I have tickets for the 2 Asheville shows and will add the Winston-Salem show just before if those shows happen in September.
I just spent the weekend in Fargo, ND. The city is "open." Most of the bars were recommending social distancing (but not enforcing). Some bars had limited capacity and more spaced out seating. Still no concerts yet. I wouldn't be surprised if by that time concerts are allowed in SD but would DBT go to the places that are allowing shows? My guess is they'll simply cancel the entire leg/run. Who knows, though...

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Charleston Pour House is opening its outside decks. There is hope.
Dave

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

just got the notice that Chris Stapleton has been postponed a year. i was supposed to see him in june. i'm really hoping DBT move the july seattle show until at least the fall, if not next spring. i'm not ready to deal with a show yet. there's still plenty of danger out there. texas, i'm talking to you!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Just got email from AXS. The rescheduled show in Seattle in July has been postponed again. No new date yet. The only thing I have tickets for that is still alive this year is Nick Cave in the fall. I have my doubts about that though. We're toward the end of the tour here. So, unless that happens no shows at all this year. The last show I went to was Conversations with Nick Cave last November.

Agerst1574

Post by Agerst1574 »

I think the issues for DBT to tour is twofold. The first is that given the restrictions with different states is that it is going to be difficult to route a tour. You would have to route a tour to play venues in states that are open and that could change at any time.

The other isssue is that the venues that DBT perform in are largely clubs with general admission. Yes, you can decrease capacity but then it is an issue of whether or not that is economically viable for all involved.

Not to mention the fact that once the doors open every act is going to want to tour at a time when there is less disposable income.

Lastly I am 60 years old soon to be 61,and have averaged going to 40shows a year since 1977. As much as I miss live music, I am not rushing out unless I know it is very safe.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

It’s 2 weeks until DBT is supposed to play Dublin. The European tour is clearly not happening in June but tickets are still on sale for many shows. They are supposed to be in Germany on June 10 but Patterson is doing a live stream from his home that night. I hope we learn soon if the European tour is canceled or postponed.

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Bill in CT wrote:It’s 2 weeks until DBT is supposed to play Dublin. The European tour is clearly not happening in June but tickets are still on sale for many shows. They are supposed to be in Germany on June 10 but Patterson is doing a live stream from his home that night. I hope we learn soon if the European tour is canceled or postponed.
Yes. That would be nice to know.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

Bill in CT wrote:It’s 2 weeks until DBT is supposed to play Dublin. The European tour is clearly not happening in June but tickets are still on sale for many shows. They are supposed to be in Germany on June 10 but Patterson is doing a live stream from his home that night. I hope we learn soon if the European tour is canceled or postponed.
Got my ticket for London.

"....but it got caaaaaaancelled. The rest as they say is history...."

(Yeah ok I stole someone else's joke)

The venue are reliant on the government and a final conformation that a gathering of that size cant take place.

Cant speak for all of europe but I'm satisfied that the UK government are all over the fucking place, have no long term gameplan and I expect no final confirmation anytime soon.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

305 Engine wrote:
Got my ticket for London.

"....but it got caaaaaaancelled. The rest as they say is history...."

(Yeah ok I stole someone else's joke)

The venue are reliant on the government and a final conformation that a gathering of that size cant take place.

Cant speak for all of europe but I'm satisfied that the UK government are all over the fucking place, have no long term gameplan and I expect no final confirmation anytime soon.
Hmm...that sounds suspiciously like another country I happen to live in.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

Although the announcement of the European dates being rescheduled is still pending, we did find out today that there's a new city added to the 2021 European tour. Hamburg!

305 Engine

Post by 305 Engine »

European dates all rescheduled for next year.

Extra dates in Paris, Glasgow, Hamburg, Brighton and Helsinki.

Zip Up to Michigan

The link is still active to purchase tickets for the Fargo show on July 21st. :!: :?:

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I would strongly consider Kansas in October. If we get a 2 hour time slot.

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

You can still but tickets for the 7.28 Harrisburg, PA show.
Dave

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I've been watching those mid-July dates, because I do have this fantasy of making a couple of them.

I assume there's something going on in the background that we aren't privy to. I for one am glad I'm not. But these are hard times for everyone and so I've dropped a little more money on the parts of the band I can reach than I normally would.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Zip Up to Michigan

We are now less than a month away from the Fargo show on July 21st. There is no cancellation announcement and the link to purchase ticket is still active. Very interesting...

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Austin was rescheduled to late August...I'm not optimistic..
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

In general. If there are any shows before this time next year, I’ll be very surprised. Fall 2021 seems more likely
Always go to the show

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I wouldn’t go to an indoor show right now if you paid me. I don’t think the band would either
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Zip Up to Michigan

Jonicont wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:08 pm
In general. If there are any shows before this time next year, I’ll be very surprised. Fall 2021 seems more likely
Everyone keeps saying stuff like this but I’m curious: what will be different about this situation in the Fall of 2021 from now, two weeks from now, two months from now, winter/spring of 2021, etc. I’d be highly suspect of a vaccine at that point and surely lots won’t get one anyway. Are we looking at herd immunity at this point? Just wondering why Fall of 2021 seems to be talked about a lot as far as entertainment goes.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:56 am
Jonicont wrote:
Everyone keeps saying stuff like this but I’m curious: what will be different about this situation in the Fall of 2021 from now, two weeks from now, two months from now, winter/spring of 2021, etc. I’d be highly suspect of a vaccine at that point and surely lots won’t get one anyway. Are we looking at herd immunity at this point? Just wondering why Fall of 2021 seems to be talked about a lot as far as entertainment goes.
I'm a certified non-expert, but I am optimistic that we'll have a vaccine by that time. Lots of companies are expediting the hell out of trials and obviously every government and funder in the world has made this their absolute top priority.

Here’s a look at some of the projects:
  • Moderna. In March, the company began testing its messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine in a phase I clinical trial in Seattle, Washington. In mid-May, the company announced the vaccine had produced antibodies in all 45 trial participants in this initial clinical phase. The study included 45 healthy volunteers, ages 18 to 55, who are getting two shots 28 days apart. The company has developed other mRNA vaccines before. Those earlier studies showed that their platform is safe, which allowed the company to skip certain animal testing for this specific vaccine. In early May, the company received permission from the FDA to start a phase II study of its vaccine. The company expects to begin a phase III clinical trial in July. The FDA also agreed to fast-track regulatory review of this vaccine if it succeeds in a phase III clinical trial.
  • Inovio. When COVID-19 appeared in December, the company had already been working on a DNA vaccine for MERS. This allowed the company to quickly develop a potential COVID-19 vaccine. Company officials announced at the end of April that it had enrolled 40 healthy volunteers in its phase I clinical trial. It’s preparing to start a phase II/III clinical trial this summer.
  • University of Oxford in England. A clinical trial with more than 500 participants began in late April. Oxford officials said the potential vaccine has an 80 percent chance for success and could be available as early as September. The vaccine uses a modified virus to trigger the immune system. The university has partnered with pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca. The company reported in mid-May the vaccine was effective against COVID-19 after it was given to six rhesus macaque monkeys. The company expects to begin a late-stage clinical trial by the middle of this year. Officials said in mid-May that if the clinical trial is successful, they could deliver 30 million doses by September.
  • University of Queensland in Australia. Researchers are developing a vaccine by growing viral proteins in cell cultures. They began preclinical testing stages in early April. The phase I trial in people will begin in early July.
  • Pharmaceutical companies. Johnson & Johnson and Sanofi are both working on a vaccine of their own. Johnson & Johnson announced it will begin early stage human clinical trials in July. Pfizer has also teamed up with German biotech company BioNTech to develop a vaccine. Its initial clinical trial with 200 participants was given the green light in late April. The two companies began human testing in the United States in early May.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:56 am
Jonicont wrote:
I'm not so optimistic about a vaccine. I figure people are thinking Fall 2021 because going through a winter with all these people crowded together and a fairly high existing infection rate means a lot of avoidable horrible killing, thanks to our rulers' urge to use blood to lube up the economy's pistons.

The winter cull is supposed to be something we rise above, not give in to, but that's life under barbarism. And by "life", I mean "death".
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I would go to an indoor or an outdoor show right now. Then again I want the covid.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

boyyourself wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:46 pm
I would go to an indoor or an outdoor show right now. Then again I want the covid.
I'm not there just yet, but I could see getting there if 1) we were certain that being infected is likely to confer long-term immunity (and the virus stays stable enough that I won't get a different variant in a year), 2) we fail to come with an effective vaccine, and 3) there were a controlled way to self-infect without risking anyone's health or broader community spread. I'm young and healthy enough that it's a calculated risk I could see making peace with, but risking anyone else's health in the process is unconscionable. Even then, if it went south I would be taking up healthcare resources and potentially putting health professionals at risk due to my own decision, so I'd have to be pretty sure there was no other way for society to function or reach herd immunity without some of us volunteering for duty.

I sure as shit hope it doesn't come to that, though.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Jonicont wrote:

And I thought I was the pessimistic curmudgeon!
Now it's dark.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

Frog Alley Brewing in Schenectady, NY announced today that the DBT show scheduled there for 7/31 is now canceled.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

boyyourself wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:00 pm
Carry on you wayward son.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:58 pm
boyyourself wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:00 pm
Carry on you wayward son.
Just remember that all we are is dust (or ashes) in the wind.