2020 Tour Dates! THERE ARE SO MANY

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: 2020 Tour Dates! THERE ARE SO MANY

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Mr. B wrote:New show added for July 25 on the shores of Lake Superior in Bayfield, WI. 3DD camp-out? :D Let's hope this is part of a larger midwest swing.
Gorgeous up there. Wish I was healthy enough to go
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Clams

Post by Clams »

I don't think it's been mentioned yet that both shows I saw last week started the same way: the house lights went down and Led Zep's When the Levee Breaks started booming at top volume for a few minutes followed by the Truckers taking the stage.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

scotto

Post by scotto »

Clams wrote:I don't think it's been mentioned yet that both shows I saw last week started the same way: the house lights went down and Led Zep's When the Levee Breaks started booming at top volume for a few minutes followed by the Truckers taking the stage.
Nice.

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Aaron_heathen wrote:There are Toronto dates booked. A two night run this time but a larger venue. :D :D :D
Odd. Lee’s was a fantastic venue for them and they clearly loved playing there.

As per the discussion above, count me in as another who is not pleased with the set list diversity at the moment. It seems like the shows are going over well and the reviews are strong from both casuals and Heathens, which is great, but I’m not someone who is interested in seeing the same songs played over and over again. At this point, I feel like half of Cooley’s song choices are piss break opportunities. I mean, how many times can one see WWW, Marry Me, or Made Up English Oceans and pretend like they’re enjoying it? To each his or her own I guess. I know they have a story to tell and are probably trying to keep this first leg focused around the new material but my god why not throw in an SDZ, Carl Perkins or another popular older tune instead of the billionth WWW?

Just my 2 cents and I do recognize it’s early in a new album tour. Hoping things will get mixed up a bit more when they come back in the summer/fall but I’m definitely backing off shows (besides the one in my backyard in a couple of weeks) until some set list spontaneity shows back up and they start taking more chances.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:, how many times can one see WWW, Marry Me, or Made Up English Oceans and pretend like they’re enjoying it?
I get what you're saying and I agree that more variety would be nice, but the answer to your question is "many, many" and there is no pretending involved.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote: Hoping things will get mixed up a bit more when they come back in the summer/fall
Agree on this point. I'm not backing off of any shows or anything but lately the sets have been more static lately than I can remember in the 10 years I've been following the band. It wouldn't hurt to rotate a few warhorses out and bring a few others back into rotation.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:
Aaron_heathen wrote:There are Toronto dates booked. A two night run this time but a larger venue. :D :D :D

As per the discussion above, count me in as another who is not pleased with the set list diversity at the moment. It seems like the shows are going over well and the reviews are strong from both casuals and Heathens, which is great, but I’m not someone who is interested in seeing the same songs played over and over again. At this point, I feel like half of Cooley’s song choices are piss break opportunities. I mean, how many times can one see WWW, Marry Me, or Made Up English Oceans and pretend like they’re enjoying it? To each his or her own I guess. I know they have a story to tell and are probably trying to keep this first leg focused around the new material but my god why not throw in an SDZ, Carl Perkins or another popular older tune instead of the billionth WWW?

Just my 2 cents and I do recognize it’s early in a new album tour. Hoping things will get mixed up a bit more when they come back in the summer/fall but I’m definitely backing off shows (besides the one in my backyard in a couple of weeks) until some set list spontaneity shows back up and they start taking more chances.
I have no idea how much of the final "product" we're seeing/hearing represents conscious choices and how much is the result of a combination of randomness, coincidence and other less conscious factors. But if the current state of affairs does represent conscious choice it doesn't seem unreasonable to me for the band to gear current shows more to newer fans who may never have heard, say, "Marry Me" than to obsessives like us who can tell you exactly how many times we've heard "Marry Me" at shows. The numbers seem to be saying that there are more newer fans now than there have been for some time and presenting the band in the best light (i.e. playing the "hits") is a good way to bring them into the fold for the long term. After all, I don't think anyone is suggesting that individual shows have been suffering from any kind of let down or diminished excitement.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

phungi

Post by phungi »

Having hit 3-dozen shows, here are the most frequent top-2 songs I have heard from each album:
Gangstability: Living Bubba (12), 18 Wheels of Love (8)
Pizza Deliverance: Uncle Frank (10), Love Like This (7)
SRO: Zip City (23), WWW (23)
Decoration Day: Marry Me (19), Hell No I Ain't Happy/Sinkhole (15)
TDS: Devil Don't Stay (16), Lookout Mountain (15)
BAAC: Gravity's Gone (19), World of Hurt (5)
BTCD: Ghost to Most (19), 3 Dimes Down (14)
Big To Do: Birthday Boy (10), This Fucking Job (3)
Go Go Boots: Used to Be a Cop (3), Everybody Needs Love (2)
English Oceans: Shit Shots (23), Made Up English Oceans (22)
American Band: Ramon Casiano (19), Surrender Under Protest/Filthy and Fried (17)
Unraveling: Slow Ride Argument (7), Rosemarie/Thoughts & Prayers/Babies in Cages (5)

All that said, the most played songs from each album are Cooley's 16/24, and he is equally likely to play Shit Shots and English Oceans as often as Zip City and WWW, and equally likely to play Ramon Casiano as he is Gravity's Gone or Ghost to Most.... as discussed in the Homecoming Thread, he has written fewer songs than Patterson, and actually plays a higher percentage of his total song catalog than does Patterson, but throwing in at least 1 "less common" song each show would go a long ways with his fan base... of course, that same fan base (myself included) will accept whatever he is offering, even if it means playing the same song 2x in the same night (which I have now experienced twice).
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

gepman

Post by gepman »

Biggest surprise there is "This Fucking Job"

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

Can someone please enlighten me about these Toronto dates. I do not see them on the band's main page. I agree ZUTM about Lee's being the perfect venue. Doubt I'll make the trip if they are playing the Phoenix again.
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

Aaron_heathen

Post by Aaron_heathen »

blessedcurse wrote:
Can someone please enlighten me about these Toronto dates. I do not see them on the band's main page. I agree ZUTM about Lee's being the perfect venue. Doubt I'll make the trip if they are playing the Phoenix again.
It's DEFINITELY not the Phoenix! I've been told it's a venue located on the Danforth :lol:

Zip Up to Michigan

Another date has popped up on the show page: Breckenridge CO Saturday July 11.

I’ve got to imagine a summer/fall tour announcement coming soon?

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:Another date has popped up on the show page: Breckenridge CO Saturday July 11.

I saw that and was wondering the same thing. As of now, here are the announced June/July shows:

Chicago (Evanston) June 26
Breckenridge July 11
Bayfield, WI July 25

Lots of gaps there, hopefully will see more soon.

Zip Up to Michigan

Mr. B wrote:
Zip Up to Michigan wrote:Another date has popped up on the show page: Breckenridge CO Saturday July 11.

I saw that and was wondering the same thing. As of now, here are the announced June/July shows:

Chicago (Evanston) June 26
Breckenridge July 11
Bayfield, WI July 25

Lots of gaps there, hopefully will see more soon.
Yeah, there’s no way they're going out for one-offs like that especially because the Breckinridge and Bayfield shows don’t appear to be festival events (which can pay enough to make one-offs worth it).

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

I'm wondering if the Seattle show is going to happen. Things are pretty dire here & getting worse daily. Some events have been cancelled & I think that sort of thing is just starting. Personally, I'm probably not going to be able to go if it does happen. I'm at high risk for the coronavirus & while not officially in quarantine I am effectively. Things are sucking in the northwest. I imagine Patterson must be concerned about his family & may want to head home for a few days. Bad time to be on tour in some parts of the country & the list of places affected is growing. There's even been talk of the Stones tour in the spring being cancelled or postponed.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:I'm wondering if the Seattle show is going to happen. Things are pretty dire here & getting worse daily. Some events have been cancelled & I think that sort of thing is just starting. Personally, I'm probably not going to be able to go if it does happen. I'm at high risk for the coronavirus & while not officially in quarantine I am effectively. Things are sucking in the northwest. I imagine Patterson must be concerned about his family & may want to head home for a few days. Bad time to be on tour in some parts of the country & the list of places affected is growing. There's even been talk of the Stones tour in the spring being cancelled or postponed.
If things continue along the path of the past few days, cancellations will become the norm and it won't just be in currently identified high risk areas. As for you immunosuppressed types, hell yeah take care of yourself even if it means self imposed isolation. It sucks but the alternative could well be worse. Stay safe my friend.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
chuckrh wrote:I'm wondering if the Seattle show is going to happen. Things are pretty dire here & getting worse daily. Some events have been cancelled & I think that sort of thing is just starting. Personally, I'm probably not going to be able to go if it does happen. I'm at high risk for the coronavirus & while not officially in quarantine I am effectively. Things are sucking in the northwest. I imagine Patterson must be concerned about his family & may want to head home for a few days. Bad time to be on tour in some parts of the country & the list of places affected is growing. There's even been talk of the Stones tour in the spring being cancelled or postponed.
If things continue along the path of the past few days, cancellations will become the norm and it won't just be in currently identified high risk areas. As for you immunosuppressed types, hell yeah take care of yourself even if it means self imposed isolation. It sucks but the alternative could well be worse. Stay safe my friend.
thanks, jeff

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I just saw thus but I had been thinking about you and how this might be the only time I would tell someone "don't go to the show". Sounds like you've got that handled. Stay safe out there.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
I just saw thus but I had been thinking about you and how this might be the only time I would tell someone "don't go to the show". Sounds like you've got that handled. Stay safe out there.
thanks Tequila Cowboy. i'm hanging in best i can. hope you are doing well, too!

Whispering Pines

Post by Whispering Pines »

Looks like the Seattle show won't be happening as Washington Governor Inslee is restricting gatherings of more than 250 people. Talk about the unraveling! Take good care, everybody.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Whispering Pines wrote:Looks like the Seattle show won't be happening as Washington Governor Inslee is restricting gatherings of more than 250 people. Talk about the unraveling! Take good care, everybody.
1 good thing is Patterson will be able to spend a bit of extra time with his family. Troubling times to say the least.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Here’s hoping Fort Collins happens. It doesn’t get much better than DBT at the Aggie Theater.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6yvCDzPOjkg

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

A smoking version of WWW from my favorite show of all time.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

New date for Seattle is July 16, same venue.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Indy tonight just got canceled. Gov. banned all non-essential gatherings.

First of many I fear.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Motion to retitle this thread: 2020 Tour Dates! THERE WERE SO MANY
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Zip Up to Michigan

Tyler wrote:Indy tonight just got canceled. Gov. banned all non-essential gatherings.

First of many I fear.
Unless I ready the statement incorrectly, the ban is effective tomorrow. Meaning, they will still rock tonight. I think?

Hoping Minnesota is late on this per usual and we can still rock Saturday...

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Per DBT crew show was canceled at the end of soundcheck.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Indy has been rescheduled for Sep 13th.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Word from The Hood:
Y’all,

It pains us greatly (more than you can imagine) to have to postpone shows we’ve all been looking forward to for literal months.

Due to the unprecedented situation we all find ourselves in right now, it would be irresponsible and possibly detrimental to everyone’s health and happiness to proceed as planned and DBT will be postponing all dates from March 12th-April 4th. We will work on rescheduling as many as humanly possible for as soon as this shit is over so hang on to your tickets. We will have more information on rescheduled dates and on the run from April 16th-May 2nd in the coming days.

Thank you to all of our beloved Heathens as well as our amazing crew and the unbelievable hard work of management and our agent and all the people who make the wheels on the bus go round and round.

We historically almost never postpone shows but the thought of inadvertently hurting anyone is unacceptable. We will make it up the best we can.

In the meantime, stay home as much as possible, love your people and wash your hands.

See you at the rescheduled Rock Show.
Much Love,
DBT