Homecoming 2020! Feb 13-15

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

uncle rickey

Re: Homecoming 2020! Feb 13-15

Post by uncle rickey »

Friends,

I'm inspired that fundraising together for Nuci's Space is central for more and more of us at Homecoming. And this year, thanks to you, thanks to all of us together, our community's raised more for this amazing organization than ever before.

All together, between—ahem—the DVD/donation drive and Facebook birthday fundraisers; the live and silent auction at Nuci's Space on Saturday; the art you created, sold, and donated; the t-shirt drive proceeds; the raffles at the Friday Hangout at Max; the food from the cookout, from Coastal Plain BBQ, and from the bar at Nuci's; and this year's proceeds from "The Company We Keep" books: WE'VE RAISED OVER $50,000!

That's $50,692.22 to be exact... so far. With another run of t-shirts currently being printed, that total will go up. Incredible.

Thank you so much for being part of this community, for "showing up," and for coming together so resoundingly for Nuci's. I am so grateful to all of you—more inspired than I can say.

Yours,
Luke
a/k/a uncle rickey

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

uncle rickey wrote:Friends,

I'm inspired that fundraising together for Nuci's Space is central for more and more of us at Homecoming. And this year, thanks to you, thanks to all of us together, our community's raised more for this amazing organization than ever before.

All together, between—ahem—the DVD/donation drive and Facebook birthday fundraisers; the live and silent auction at Nuci's Space on Saturday; the art you created, sold, and donated; the t-shirt drive proceeds; the raffles at the Friday Hangout at Max; the food from the cookout, from Coastal Plain BBQ, and from the bar at Nuci's; and this year's proceeds from "The Company We Keep" books: WE'VE RAISED OVER $50,000!

That's $50,692.22 to be exact... so far. With another run of t-shirts currently being printed, that total will go up. Incredible.

Thank you so much for being part of this community, for "showing up," and for coming together so resoundingly for Nuci's. I am so grateful to all of you—more inspired than I can say.

Yours,
Luke
a/k/a uncle rickey
Just extraordinary. So proud to be among this cohort.
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

d@nuci

Post by d@nuci »

On behalf of Nuci's Space, we're blown away and still buzzing from the validation, generosity, and love that you all fill our building with every year! I don't know how else to say it other than we're humbled to get to participate in this special community of people....thank you.

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

damn! that is friggin' awesome!

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

That’s really impressive
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Wolf wrote:damn! that is friggin' awesome!
X2
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

Flac:
http://bit.ly/2wx4M1P

mp3:
http://bit.ly/2vYWT4X

Camp Amped Band
2020/02/14
40 Watt Club
Athens, GA

source: Microtech Gefell M21 (dina) > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48
transfer: SDHC > PC > iZotope RX 7 (gain, fades, edits, MBIT+ dither) > CD Wave > THL (flac 8) > Foobar (tags)

*24bit/48khz fileset not intended for CD-R*

recorded and transferred by Gordon Wilson

A Team Dirty South Recording

01. Patterson Hood Intro
02. Driver 8
03. Alone, Together
04. Banter
05. Unknown Original
06. Unknown Original
07. Total Football
08. Just

opened for Drive-By Truckers

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

uncle rickey wrote:That's $50,692.22 to be exact
Wow. Extraordinary. Incredible.

That's about a 35% increase over last year's record setting contribution.

Amazing.

I am proud to be a part of this community.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

beantownbubba wrote:
uncle rickey wrote:That's $50,692.22 to be exact
Wow. Extraordinary. Incredible.

That's about a 35% increase over last year's record setting contribution.

Amazing.

I am proud to be a part of this community.
Every year, I'm awed by all the great ways you organizers come up with to boost the money. DVDs, shirts, the book, the handwritten lyrics raffle, the Nuci's auction items etc. I didn't think I gave that much money this year until I started adding it up.

The live auction stuff was fun to watch this year. That needs to continue.

My "I had to much beer tonight" idea for next year is a two-song rarity raffle for the Saturday show---a spinoff of the all-request show that I didn't see, but heard they'll never do again. Raffle is one Cooley song & one Hood song. You can choose Greenville to Baton Rouge/Bob, or Plastic Flowers/Carl Perkins, or Goodbye/Daddy's Cup :D , etc.---whatever combinations the band approves to be in the mix. The winning combo isn't announced--you find out when they play them back to back on Saturday.
Let the outside air in

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

I listened to some of the Homecoming tapes & they are great. I do have 1 comment though. Considering these shows are in a small venue with basically hardcore fans there sure is a lot of talking whilst the band is playing especially during the quieter songs. I suppose alcohol consumption has something to do with that but I would say: Get a room!!!!! It's just so rude to people who are actually trying to listen. & I'm not talking about spontaneous expressions of excitement (I'm fine with that) but people having conversations which in that setting is yelling at each other. If I was able to travel & spent the money to get down there for the shows I would've been pissed off by all the chatter. BTW: the band is f'n awesome during those shows!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

chuckrh wrote:I listened to some of the Homecoming tapes & they are great. I do have 1 comment though. Considering these shows are in a small venue with basically hardcore fans there sure is a lot of talking whilst the band is playing especially during the quieter songs. I suppose alcohol consumption has something to do with that but I would say: Get a room!!!!! It's just so rude to people who are actually trying to listen. & I'm not talking about spontaneous expressions of excitement (I'm fine with that) but people having conversations which in that setting is yelling at each other. If I was able to travel & spent the money to get down there for the shows I would've been pissed off by all the chatter. BTW: the band is f'n awesome during those shows!

The tapers are in the back where most of the talk-talkers are. I’ve stood back there for shows and it sounds great but there are always a few who won’t shut up. The hardcore fans are mostly further up
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I was so thankful to have made Homecoming this year and had a blast. Thanks for being so accommodating.

I’ve tried to remember if we shared a communal bottle passed from the stage this year; that tradition seemed pretty benign a month ago....not so much now!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Always go to the show

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Always go to the show

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Nothing against the big box, but these Homecoming recordings are really what I want from a live record: Enough crowd to make it sound live as fuck.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I wasn’t sure where best to stick this post...

Today my wife left April’s Southern Living magazine for me in everyone’s favorite reading spot, the bathroom.

The issue has the “South’s Best” rankings and includes an article on Athens as “Best College Town”. Patterson is quoted at the end of the article. The pictures made me think of Februarys past and wonder when I’ll be back to Athens! Every February I always think about how much fun it must be to attend college in Athens!

Y’all stay well and safe!!!