beantownbubba wrote:It seems to me that to fully consider the issues you raise, one would want to know at least:
What's the aggregate number of Cooley and Hood songs on all DBT albums?
What is the percentage of different songs Cooley played on multi night stands over the past X years?
How do those numbers compare to Hood's?
Of the X covers DBT plays most, how many are sung by Hood and how many by Cooley?
Damn, Bubba, you inspire me.. that, and I can't focus on work today, so I analyzed the last 5 Homecoming Setlists (2016-2020).
Total Songs on DBT Studio Albums: 172 (99/58% Hood, 52/30% Cooley, 21/12% Others)
Total Songs on DBT Studio Album (excluding others): 151 (99 or 66% Hood, 52 or 34% Cooley)
What is the percentage of different songs Cooley played on multi night stands over the past 5 years? Cooley 38/78 or 48.8%
How do those numbers compare to Hood's? Hood 40/78 or 51.2%
Of the X covers DBT plays most, how many are sung by Hood and how many by Cooley? Over the past 5 years, the average 2.4 (2-3) covers per 3-night run, all sung by Hood
So, that leaves us with:
1. Over the past 5 Homecoming 3-night runs, they average 38 (Cooley) and 40 (Hood) songs each. Of these, Hood averages 3 repeats and Cooley averages 16 repeats.
2. Over the past 5 Homecoming 3-night runs, Hood averages 0.4 "All 3 Night Repeats" whereas Cooley averages 4 "All 3 Night Repeats"
3. Cooley plays 0 covers, so his average songs over the past 5 HC 3-night runs (38), minus repeats (16), represents playing 22 unique songs, or 42% (22/52) of his entire catalog
4. Patterson plays 2.4 covers, so his average songs over the past 5 HC 3-night runs (40), minus repeats (3) and covers (2), represents playing 35 unique songs, or 35% (35/99) of his entire catalog
1. Cooley may repeat songs, but he plays a higher percentage of his catalog than Patterson
2. The stats don't lie, I am wrong
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...