Highwaterfest 4.18/19 2020 Charleston SC

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Vincent

Highwaterfest 4.18/19 2020 Charleston SC

Post by Vincent »

Pretty sweet Lineup for 125$.

https://www.highwaterfest.com/
Dave

chuckrh

Re: Highwaterfest 4.18/19 2020 Charleston SC

Post by chuckrh »

hope they get DBT & Wilco on the same day. that would be epic. a few years ago, i had a concept for a summer tour that would feature those 2 along with maybe my morning jacket. the plan was it would be an all day affair with the 3 bands all doing full sets. maybe with the time slots rotating. i'd go!

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

chuckrh wrote:hope they get DBT & Wilco on the same day. that would be epic. a few years ago, i had a concept for a summer tour that would feature those 2 along with maybe my morning jacket. the plan was it would be an all day affair with the 3 bands all doing full sets. maybe with the time slots rotating. i'd go!
I’d go as well!

They’ve already done 2/3 of that with the 2013 Americana tour with Dylan, Wilco, and MMJ
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

What a lineup. I've heard great things about this fest as well.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
chuckrh wrote:hope they get DBT & Wilco on the same day. that would be epic. a few years ago, i had a concept for a summer tour that would feature those 2 along with maybe my morning jacket. the plan was it would be an all day affair with the 3 bands all doing full sets. maybe with the time slots rotating. i'd go!
I’d go as well!

They’ve already done 2/3 of that with the 2013 Americana tour with Dylan, Wilco, and MMJ
The one and only date they canceled on that tour was the date in Columbus
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:
I’d go as well!

The one and only date they canceled on that tour was the date in Columbus
as Jack Handy would say, "it's probably because of something you did"** :lol: :lol: :lol:

**= "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is, 'God is crying.' And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is, 'Probably because of something you did.'"

whatwouldcooleydo?

Vincent wrote:Pretty sweet Lineup for 125$.

No doubt, but....there's only one act on the top line that should be there over our guys. I get why Shovels and Rope are on the top line- it's their shindig- but the other two, nah. Yeah, I get that both may have more widespread popularity, but that still don't make it right. Neither have the standard of quality or body of work that DBT does

Shout out to Nor Cal's (Oakland) Shannon & the Clams, they just recently laid waste to Sierra Nevada's Big Room here in town

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Vincent wrote:Pretty sweet Lineup for 125$.

No doubt, but....there's only one act on the top line that should be there over our guys. I get why Shovels and Rope are on the top line- it's their shindig- but the other two, nah. Yeah, I get that both may have more widespread popularity, but that still don't make it right. Neither have the standard of quality or body of work that DBT does
The obvious act to get top billing is Mavis Staples. If I go, the top reason will be to see her.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be