DBT Concert Etiquette

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

mgsooner

Re: DBT Concert Etiquette

Post by mgsooner »

He probably goes to a lot of smarmy Jeff Tweedy shows in Smarmytown, USA

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

mgsooner wrote:He probably goes to a lot of smarmy Jeff Tweedy shows in Smarmytown, USA

He needs to go a fucking rock show, tell the big motherfucker with a beard beside him to stop singing, said big beared motherfucker tells him to kiss his ass, report back here to what happens.

Sorry I'm buzzed but WTF? I get some people singing along at concerts can be a bit annoying, but singing at concerts(in general) lame? That's a major part in the concert experience! I just don't get that at all.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

TheKingofLeisure

Post by TheKingofLeisure »

Smitty wrote:
mgsooner wrote:"The King of Leisure" isn't very leisurely.

He just came off as being a dick to me.

Sorry my very appreciated mods for the name calling, but sometimes you gotta call it like it is.

Ain't no dick and I've been to a bunch of rock shows. I get when the sing along is asked for. DBT have many songs when they want the sing along. Not talking about that. What I was trying to say was that more often than not the band sounds better than you and I don't need your out or key cheesy hollering in my ear. Neither does anyone else. Rock and Roll!

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

TheKingofLeisure wrote:
Smitty wrote:

Sorry my very appreciated mods for the name calling, but sometimes you gotta call it like it is.

Ain't no dick and I've been to a bunch of rock shows. I get when the sing along is asked for. DBT have many songs when they want the sing along. Not talking about that. What I was trying to say was that more often than not the band sounds better than you and I don't need your out or key cheesy hollering in my ear. Neither does anyone else. Rock and Roll!

That's a little more "specified" than your earlier post. Point taken, still stand by what I said though. Maybe we'll meet up at a show, I'll buy you a beer and sing in your ear, and we (should) all be happy!

If I'm drunk and completely fuck up "The Righteous Path" for ya, you'll just have to forgive me.

Rock and Roll! :)
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Smitty wrote:

Smitty--you've been here long enough to know how I feel about this
Always go to the show

trapper

Post by trapper »

I usually mouth along/sing quietly because I know that I have a terrible singing voice. I get more complaints about being 6'4 and front row.

Clams

Post by Clams »

trapper wrote:I usually mouth along/sing quietly because I know that I have a terrible singing voice. I get more complaints about being 6'4 and front row.

Proper concert etiquette is that anyone over 6' should have to watch from the back of the room. ;)
If you don't run you rust

never going back
Location: You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it.

Post by never going back »

I've never asked anyone to stop singing (nor would I dare) but I have asked people to please stop bumping into me over and over. Respect the space and the neighbor.

A guy at the 40 Watt this year was getting upset because my hair kept touching his arm. My husband tried to tell me to quit moving so this guy wouldn't freak out. Puh-leaze.
Can you hear that singing? Sounds like gold...

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

never going back wrote:I've never asked anyone to stop singing (nor would I dare) but I have asked people to please stop bumping into me over and over. Respect the space and the neighbor.

Pretty much this. I'd say "close the thread," but BtB has already used that about 14 times so far in the one-week history of this board.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

Zip City wrote:Here's a simple rule: You can be drunk, just don't ACT drunk

knowwhati'msayin'?

i wanna party with zip.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

cortez the killer wrote:Pretty much this. I'd say "close the thread," but BtB has already used that about 14 times so far in the one-week history of this board.

I've got to agree with Cortez. There are 2 side to this coin and the folks on either side are never going to agree so what's the point in continuing?
Always go to the show