DBT/Nuci's Space Fundraiser

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Coney

DBT/Nuci's Space Fundraiser

Post by Coney »

Hey everyone. So it's been awhile since I have been here, and this seems like the BEST reason to jump back in.
As so many of you likely know, Nuci's Space was founded by Linda Phillips about 20 years ago, after her son Nuci committed suicide. Linda's book, A Beautiful Here, describes Linda's life before, during and after Nuci--how she managed to turn unspeakable grief into a tangible good for so many young people who struggle with mental health issues. The book is an easy and, as you can imagine, incredibly powerful and inspiring read. The first time I read it, I finished it in just a few hours and I honestly don't think it's an exaggeration to say the book impacted me in a pretty fundamental way. Linda is a beautiful force of nature, and Nuci's Space has become an invaluable part of the Athens community. The Hood family has been involved with the organization for a long time, and Patterson wrote the Forward in A Beautiful Here. So...right now Nuci's Space has a very limited number of books on sale that have both Patterson's and Linda's autographs. There were 20 autographed books to start, and now I believe there are 7 or 8 still available. The books were purchased and donated to Nuci's Space, so every single penny of the very reasonable $15 purchase price goes directly to the organization and its many, wonderful programs. You can order online and I have very kindly attached the link, below.
Thanks everyone!
LEOMF

https://www.nuci.org
Beeesides, them's highway miles...

BigTom
Site Admin

Re: DBT/Nuci's Space Fundraiser

Post by BigTom »

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered a copy. I have been wanting to read it anyway.
Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County

Jonicont
Site Admin

Re: DBT/Nuci's Space Fundraiser

Post by Jonicont »

It’s a good one
Always go to the show