Louisville

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

jr29

Louisville

Post by jr29 »

A last minute dash to Louisville is about to go down. Hopefully I-40 and I-65 are cooperative.

jr29

Re: Louisville

Post by jr29 »

I've posted about last night's show on the FB page so at the risk of oversharing.......here goes.....
I've been to 20-25 DBT shows and last night was top 3 or 4. I don't know if the band was flying high after the Atlanta show or what. I just know the intensity on the stage and in the crowd was palpable. And here's how great DBT is....I saw one of the best shows I've ever seen and they didn't play Zip City, Marry Me, or Ronnie and Neil. I could add quite a few to that list but those are three big ones.

The last 4-5 DBT shows i had been to had left me a little underwhelmed. I'm not blaming the band, I thought it might have been me being in a different place in my life or something. I had no idea what it was. Regardless, all that shit went out the window last night. It was a transcendent experience.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

jr29 wrote:I've posted about last night's show on the FB page so at the risk of oversharing.
Always post here with the assumption that none of us are on FB
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Zip City wrote:
jr29 wrote:I've posted about last night's show on the FB page so at the risk of oversharing.
What Zip said. Thanks.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

LBRod wrote:
Zip City wrote:
What Zip said. Thanks.
Fair enough.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

jr29 wrote:I've posted about last night's show on the FB page so at the risk of oversharing.......here goes.....
I've been to 20-25 DBT shows and last night was top 3 or 4. I don't know if the band was flying high after the Atlanta show or what. I just know the intensity on the stage and in the crowd was palpable. And here's how great DBT is....I saw one of the best shows I've ever seen and they didn't play Zip City, Marry Me, or Ronnie and Neil. I could add quite a few to that list but those are three big ones.

The last 4-5 DBT shows i had been to had left me a little underwhelmed. I'm not blaming the band, I thought it might have been me being in a different place in my life or something. I had no idea what it was. Regardless, all that shit went out the window last night. It was a transcendent experience.
Thanks for the recap. See my sig
Always go to the show

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

jr29 wrote:I've posted about last night's show on the FB page so at the risk of oversharing.......here goes.....

Sounds awesome. Spontaneity (yours) rewarded :)

Thanks for posting.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

mikem

Post by mikem »

I can’t find a setlist

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

from Janet Bean's facebook:
We were faced with a thousand men in ball caps and cargo shorts while Freakwater played before the Drive By Truckers in Louisville on Saturday. I must say they were well enough behaved and they seemed to like us. Who knew!

jr29

Post by jr29 »

tinnitus photography wrote:from Janet Bean's facebook:
We were faced with a thousand men in ball caps and cargo shorts while Freakwater played before the Drive By Truckers in Louisville on Saturday. I must say they were well enough behaved and they seemed to like us. Who knew!
I must admit I was a little concerned when I saw an acoustic trio take the stage. It's Saturday night, people get rowdy..... Then after 3-4 songs I realized this crowd is overwhelmingly engaged and paying attention. The second half of the set in particular really seemed to go over well.

Sirk

Post by Sirk »

Fun show. Cooley opened with Birthday Boy and then Hood revealed it was Cooley's birthday. They brought a cake on stage and Hood and the crowd sang Happy Birthday and then Cooley blew out the candles.

Also, I may not have heard correctly through the crowed noise and my ears melting from the rock show in general, but I think at one point Hood said the name of the new record is The Unraveling.

Here was the set list in Louisville...

01. Birthday Boy
02. When He's Gone
03. Shit Shots Count
04. Lookout Mountain
05. When the Pin Hits the Shell
06. Do It Yourself
07. Where the Devil Don't Stay
08. Tornadoes
09. Gravity's Gone
10. Sinkhole
11. Ghost to Most
12. Thoughts and Prayers
13. Ramon Casiano
14. Darkened Flags on the Cusp of Dawn
15. Sounds Better in the Song
16. Heathens
17. Filthy and Fried
18. The Righteous Path
19. Three Dimes Down
20. Let There Be Rock
21. Kinky Hypocrite
22. KKK Took My Baby Away (Ramones cover sung by Patton)
23. The Living Bubba
24. Made Up English Oceans
25. Rosemary With a Bible and a Gun
26. Slow Ride Argument
27. Hell No I Ain't Happy

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Sirk wrote:Fun show. Cooley opened with Birthday Boy and then Hood revealed it was Cooley's birthday. They brought a cake on stage and Hood and the crowd sang Happy Birthday and then Cooley blew out the candles.
My understanding is that that cake said "Happy Birthday, you old fucker." I saw a picture of the cake in the garbage on FBook--the part where "you old fucker" had been was all that had been eaten. ;-)
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

jr29 wrote:
tinnitus photography wrote:from Janet Bean's facebook:
I must admit I was a little concerned when I saw an acoustic trio take the stage. It's Saturday night, people get rowdy..... Then after 3-4 songs I realized this crowd is overwhelmingly engaged and paying attention. The second half of the set in particular really seemed to go over well.
Don't underestimate a Louisville crowd. They are far more musically literate and eclectic than Los Angeles, and probably most cities. After bourbon, independent music defines this town, even more than horsies.