Fall 2019 Tour

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

rlipps

Fall 2019 Tour

Post by rlipps »

https://www.drivebytruckers.com/shows.html

9/12/2019 - Knoxville TNb - The Mill & Mine
9/13/2019 - Atlanta GA - Fox Theatre
9/14/2019 - Louisville KY - Paristown Hall
9/15/2019 - Pittsburgh PA - Mr. Smalls Theatre
9/17/2019 - Rocky Mount VA - Harvester PAC *
9/19/2019 - Chattanooga TN - Walker Theatre *
9/20/2019 - Greenville SC - Euphoria Greenville *
9/21/2019 - Charlotte NC - Neighborhood Theatre *
9/23/2019 - Savannah GA - Victory North *
9/24/2019 - Mobile AL - Soul Kitchen *
9/26/2019 - New Orleans LA - Tipitina's *
9/27/2019 - Decatur AL - Princess Theatre *
9/28/2019 - Decatur AL - Princess Theatre *
11/14/2019 - Houston TX - The Heights Theatre
11/15/2019 - New Braunfels TX - Gruene Hall
11/16/2019 - New Braunfels TX - Gruene Hall
11/17/2019 - Oklahoma City OK - Tower Theatre
Support:
* Jimbo Mathus

Zip City

Re: Fall 2019 Tour

Post by Zip City »

And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Matt will be doing double duty with Jimbo
Always go to the show

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Hometown show in Charlotte! Two nights in Decatur. I think it’s time I made the trek to the Holy Land
Always go to the show

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Looks like Colorado is getting skunked this year.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

That’s certainly rare. When’s the last time there were no shows in Colorado?
It’s usually easier for me to fly from Montrose or Grand Junction to Chicago or Toronto or Texas than it is to Drive from here to Boulder or Denver.
And at least Isbell is playing Ride fest which is a ten minute bike ride from my dumpy apartment. And fortunate to have seen him on that same stage With DBT headlining Bluegrass fest in 2006 (I think ) at the same venue. That thirteen years flew by.

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

They are playing at a brand new venue near my house! Louisville. Beats the hell out driving into LA like the last 4 times I saw them.

mikem

Post by mikem »

Any place to stay walking distance ...Louisville?

Thanks

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Good to see Drive By “Screw The Midwest” Truckers is still a thing.

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

mikem wrote:Any place to stay walking distance ...Louisville?

Thanks
Maybe some Air BNB's and a motel here and there, but most are about a mile and a half away. Hammerheads is around the corner. If you got time, it is a must for food and beer. A converted house in the middle of a residential neighborhood of 100 year old houses.

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

In for Knoxville!
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

oilpiers wrote:

Thanks
Maybe some Air BNB's and a motel here and there, but most are about a mile and a half away. Hammerheads is around the corner. If you got time, it is a must for food and beer. A converted house in the middle of a residential neighborhood of 100 year old houses.
Pretty sure my wife and I are driving in from Chicago for this one, as our friend Janet's band Freakwater is opening.

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

Mr. B wrote:
oilpiers wrote:

Thanks
Pretty sure my wife and I are driving in from Chicago for this one, as our friend Janet's band Freakwater is opening.
We met at the Lydia Loveless DBT show in LA Oct 2016. You were taking pics from the front row. I live a mile and a half from the venue. Hit me up if you come. Louisville is a great town for music and food. And of course, bourbon.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:Good to see Drive By “Screw The Midwest” Truckers is still a thing.
Because this is the only tour they're going to do :roll:
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

I was going to go to Louisville, but it’s the same night as the UK/Florida football game and I’ve already promised to take my son to that.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

brett27295 wrote:
Zip Up to Michigan wrote:Good to see Drive By “Screw The Midwest” Truckers is still a thing.
No, but when the ratio of southeastern/eastern dates to midwest dates grows to 4:1 or 5:1, it gets a bit exhausting
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

Zip City wrote:
brett27295 wrote:
No, but when the ratio of southeastern/eastern dates to midwest dates grows to 4:1 or 5:1, it gets a bit exhausting
Well I don't see a lot of the west coast, Hawaii, or Alaska. They must be real exhausted.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I'm hoping to drive to the OKC show, if nothing else. I haven't been there in years--maybe decades--and am curious what it looks like these days.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:I'm hoping to drive to the OKC show, if nothing else. I haven't been there in years--maybe decades--and am curious what it looks like these days.
My in-laws are there so I'm pretty familiar with OKC. It has changed A LOT over the past decade or so. The Tower Theater has been redone and supposed to be amazing. I think Isbell did a two or three night run there. I don't know why I'm trying to convince you to go...Always go to the Rock Show.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

John A Arkansawyer

pearlbeer wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:I'm hoping to drive to the OKC show, if nothing else. I haven't been there in years--maybe decades--and am curious what it looks like these days.
My in-laws are there so I'm pretty familiar with OKC. It has changed A LOT over the past decade or so. The Tower Theater has been redone and supposed to be amazing. I think Isbell did a two or three night run there. I don't know why I'm trying to convince you to go...Always go to the Rock Show.
Trust me, I don't need any convincing! I'm just bummed that the shows in Decatur are so pricey and the shows in San Antonio are so far away. I can't convince myself either of those are real possibilities.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:the shows in Decatur are so pricey
So, what are the prices for Decatur? I'm not seeing that listed anywhere. I'm planning to buy tickets and hoping stuff works out with the work schedule to go.
Let the outside air in

John A Arkansawyer

schlanky wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:the shows in Decatur are so pricey
So, what are the prices for Decatur? I'm not seeing that listed anywhere. I'm planning to buy tickets and hoping stuff works out with the work schedule to go.
I saw them yesterday; now they aren't there for any of the shows I was looking at. But these were a little more than most--I want to say something like $70?

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

Just got 2 tickets for Louisville. $50.88 out the door for 2! And the venue is a $4 Uber ride away.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

In for both nights in Decatur!

You were correct JohnA. With fees and all, it came to $76.
Let the outside air in

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I was told yesterday that if I’m still waiting for a heart in September I could conceivably make the NOLA show (Beth asked) but it’s too risky IMO (three hours away, the possibility of having to turn down an organ offer) I’m hoping instead to send Beth and will require y’all’s encouragement if it goes down like that. Of course I could be set by then so this all idle speculation but my wife deserves a Rock show if possible
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

ford911

Post by ford911 »

Have to miss Gruene because of a trip but I’ll do Houston. The Heights is a great venue.

John A Arkansawyer

Newsflash--I was wrong!
John A Arkansawyer wrote:I'm just bummed that the shows in Decatur are so pricey
The best seats run $65, but there are seats as cheap as $35. Given that they're also getting inducted into some Alabama boondoggle that weekend, my plans may have just changed!

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Thanks[/quote]
Maybe some Air BNB's and a motel here and there, but most are about a mile and a half away. Hammerheads is around the corner. If you got time, it is a must for food and beer. A converted house in the middle of a residential neighborhood of 100 year old houses.[/quote]

Pretty sure my wife and I are driving in from Chicago for this one, as our friend Janet's band Freakwater is opening.[/quote]
We met at the Lydia Loveless DBT show in LA Oct 2016. You were taking pics from the front row. I live a mile and a half from the venue. Hit me up if you come. Louisville is a great town for music and food. And of course, bourbon.[/quote]

So it now looks like we aren't gonna make the Louisville show -- our friends band is no longer opening due to an illness and we have some stuff going on in Chicago that weekend, including a late-night Lucero show the night before. Enjoy, and hopefully I'll get a chance to buy you a beer (or bourbon) sometime soon.

OldCloverdale

Post by OldCloverdale »

rlipps wrote:https://www.drivebytruckers.com/shows.html

9/24/2019 - Mobile AL - Soul Kitchen *
Why is that show no longer listed on the DBT website?

It's still listed here:

https://www.soulkitchenmobile.com/event ... -truckers/

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

Mr B. wrote
So it now looks like we aren't gonna make the Louisville show -- our friends band is no longer opening due to an illness and we have some stuff going on in Chicago that weekend, including a late-night Lucero show the night before. Enjoy, and hopefully I'll get a chance to buy you a beer (or bourbon) sometime soon.
Sorry you can't make the Louisville show. I hope your friend recovers well. I can not help wondering if having no opener might give me an extended DBT show.