Truckers in Hartford/Hanging Hills Happy Hour

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Sunny Side Up

Truckers in Hartford/Hanging Hills Happy Hour

Post by Sunny Side Up »

What's up Three Dimes Down Family!

Joe from Hanging Hills here. The Truckers are returning to Hartford's own Infinity Hall on 6/23 and we're pumped to have em back. So pumped that we're offering a Three Dimes Down Happy Hour all day on the 23rd. If you show a proof of ticket purchase, all draft pours will be $4 for you regardless of beer. We'll do that thing where we rename all the beers after Trucker songs, we'll have prizes, ticket raffles and hugs aplenty considering I haven't seen many of you since Homecoming. Always go to the show.

-Joe

beantownbubba

Re: Truckers in Hartford/Hanging Hills Happy Hour

Post by beantownbubba »

Been waiting 'n hoping for this post :) See you then and there!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

ThatSweetSoulMusic

Post by ThatSweetSoulMusic »

Sunny Side Up wrote:What's up Three Dimes Down Family!

Joe from Hanging Hills here. The Truckers are returning to Hartford's own Infinity Hall on 6/23 and we're pumped to have em back. So pumped that we're offering a Three Dimes Down Happy Hour all day on the 23rd. If you show a proof of ticket purchase, all draft pours will be $4 for you regardless of beer. We'll do that thing where we rename all the beers after Trucker songs, we'll have prizes, ticket raffles and hugs aplenty considering I haven't seen many of you since Homecoming. Always go to the show.

-Joe

You rock, Joe, and everybody at Hanging HIlls. Need to get my sorry ass up to your place.

Dave Arbiter

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

We'll be there, once again, and hopefully with a large crew in tow. Can't wait!

SteveInCTNeedsADrink

Post by SteveInCTNeedsADrink »

So holy fuck I just gotta throw this out there cause my ears are still ringing from the show & I am basically stone cold sober right now except for an extreme rock n’ roll high! I woke up at 3:30 am yesterday for work after about 5 hours of shitty broken sleep & wasn’t sure how I was gonna do a rock show later that night. Got to work, got my coffee, immediately blasted DBT all day in my truck to get me pumped up & in the mood to go to the show. Felt great for a few hours, caffeine surging through my veins & singing at the top of my lungs like a madman. 10 am comes & I’m yawning & wanting to go home & get a nap in whenever my seemingly endless work day ends. Wife calls, asks if I’m going to the show. I tell her I’m not sure cause I’m super fucking tired. She knows I’m full of shit & so do I. Your favorite band doesn’t play in your home state 30 mins from your house & you don’t go. You just don’t do that. I’ve travelled to more states to see this fucking band than I ever had any business being in. Granted I’ve done my share of traveling but this band is one of the reasons I’ve gone to so many different places. Entire vacations based around a 2 or 3 night run. So anyways a few hours later Bill calls me up & asks when I’m heading to the brewery for the pregame. Ticket is immediately purchased. So we do the Hanging Hills & enjoy some very tasty beers, hanging with awesome people like always & having a great goddamn time. Head over to the show & it’s a seated venue with GA behind the seats. Why they even have the seats I do not know. Been there before for DBT & it’s just weird whenever they start a show & half the crowd is seated. Didn’t know what kind of shape or mood the band would be in after tearing up Brooklyn the previous 3 nights & now playing this gig in Hartford. Surely they must be tired or hungover or something right? I know they’re rock stars but they are human after all so I didn’t know what was to come. And then they preceded to play with a fire & intensity that I can’t even explain in words. You had to just be there. It was almost like a fuck you to the seats & they were gonna just play so fucking fast & loud that if you feel anything at all when it comes to music how in the hell could you possibly sit through it? The boys were here, & they were here to play, & they were gonna kick your ass & make sure you got every penny’s worth of your ticket price. This was my 50th something show. I’ve lost count really but this has to be top 5 of all of them for me. I know it’s easy to say that right after the show but the playing tonight was a force to be reckoned with. Made Up English Oceans was simply fucking amazing. Patterson’s playing throughout that song was just unreal. I’ve seen that one live I don’t even know how many times but this version tonight, my God it was just mind blowing. I turned to Fronz when it was over & he says to me “That’s the best live version of that I’ve ever seen!” which just so happens to be the exact same thing I wanted to say to him at the exact same time. It’s a pity I didn’t see any tapers at the show because this is one I would listen to constantly if I had the chance. Birmingham was just spectacular, & Wednesday, holy fucking hell did they just kick the shit out of everybody there with that one. They jammed the shit out of the end of that & my head was ready to explode it was so good. Babies in Cages has progressed so much since I first heard it about a year ago & I’m really hoping the album version sounds anything close to the way they played it tonight. Fucking phenomenal. God damn I can’t say enough good things about this band. I’ve been awake over 22 hours now & I’m not tired one bit. There is no better high in the world than the high from music but perhaps I should go smoke a bowl & try to get to bed. Not sure how it’s gonna happen though because I have nothing but rock n’ roll surging through my entire being right now. Jesus Christ I love music, & fucking hell I love this band. Always follow a wise man’s advice like I try to do & please, always go to the show!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Well Steve, that sounds like it didn’t suck! See ya next weekend
Always go to the show

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

SteveInCTNeedsADrink wrote:Made Up English Oceans was simply fucking amazing. Patterson’s playing throughout that song was just unreal.
That's always a highlight for me. Patterson must just love playing that song.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Thanks so much Steve!

Your post just made my fucking day. :mrgreen:
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life