If You're Going to the 6/28 Rock Show in Bklyn

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

If You're Going to the 6/28 Rock Show in Bklyn

Post by beantownbubba »

OK, this is a weird one even for me, but the coincidence is just too perfect to do anything but embrace it.

As it turns out, there's another show after the rock show at the Brooklyn Bowl on 6/28. It's part of the gay pride celebration of the 50th anniversary of Stonewall (I can provide some history if anyone would like). There are events and shows all over the city, I think for most of the month but culminating that wkend. As it happens, starring at the Brooklyn Bowl show that night at 11:45 pm is one of my son Bryan's closest friends from his graduate theater program at ART/Harvard/Mahat. His name is Kyle Van Zant but he's a terrific drag performer and goes by the name Vanna Deux. I promise, he's a seriously talented and funny guy with an incredible voice.

I'm virtually certain I'll be hanging around to go to the show and it would be awesome if some others of you heAthens would like to join me. I'll provide deets here later. How cool would it be if all or part of DBT provided some accompaniment? :)
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Jonicont
Site Admin

Re: If You're Going to the 6/28 Rock Show in Bklyn

Post by Jonicont »

I'll bring my boa
Always go to the show

Clams

Post by Clams »

Jonicont wrote:I'll bring my boa
As if the shows weren't enough to get me excited...
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Flea

Post by Flea »

Clams wrote:
I certainly have wood.
Now it's dark.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

My peeps. :)

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

beantownbubba wrote:OK, this is a weird one even for me, but the coincidence is just too perfect to do anything but embrace it.

As it turns out, there's another show after the rock show at the Brooklyn Bowl on 6/28. It's part of the gay pride celebration of the 50th anniversary of Stonewall (I can provide some history if anyone would like). There are events and shows all over the city, I think for most of the month but culminating that wkend. As it happens, starring at the Brooklyn Bowl show that night at 11:45 pm is one of my son Bryan's closest friends from his graduate theater program at ART/Harvard/Mahat. His name is Kyle Van Zant but he's a terrific drag performer and goes by the name Vanna Deux. I promise, he's a seriously talented and funny guy with an incredible voice.

I'm virtually certain I'll be hanging around to go to the show and it would be awesome if some others of you heAthens would like to join me. I'll provide deets here later. How cool would it be if all or part of DBT provided some accompaniment? :)
Hell yes...
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

phungi

Post by phungi »

Flea wrote:
Clams wrote:
I certainly have wood.
Jonicont + Boa + GoGo Boots? (I'll be in my bunk)
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Flea wrote:
Clams wrote:
I certainly have wood.
Given the likely sexual preference of a large part of the audience, your new sartorial regime and your propensity for wood, you may be in for the night of your life.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Deets:

Tix are 15 bucks plus fees, which comes out to a bit over 20 bucks. Go to adventuresbk.com and find the listing for June 28th, called "This Night is Killing You: A Night of All Robyn Everything." I don't know who Robyn is but apparently I should. Anyway, if you click the obvious links you'll wind up at old friend ticketfly to actually purchase tix. I assume that one can go directly to the ticketfly site, but that's not how I did it, so I've provided the slightly more complicated path I followed. I bought my ticket and I hope some of you will join me. It should be very big fun and, at least for most of us, something different.

Jack Flash

Post by Jack Flash »

This has the potential to be one of the most memorable events in Heathens history. Wish I could go (to the Rock Show and this) but the mental image of you lot hanging out at a drag show is reward enough.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Jack Flash wrote:This has the potential to be one of the most memorable events in Heathens history. Wish I could go (to the Rock Show and this) but the mental image of you lot hanging out at a drag show is reward enough.
And we haven't even told you about our costumes yet (other than doc's boa of course).

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

I'm in like sin.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Slipkid42 wrote:I'm in like sin.
And the people are happy.

ThatSweetSoulMusic

Post by ThatSweetSoulMusic »

HeAthen Dance Party!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

This party was clearly destined to go on all night (people were still coming in as we left a little before 2 am) so I can't say I saw the whole thing, but wow, what a great night and a great experience. A true cross cultural voyage: The DBT crowd and the Robyn dance party crowd will never be mistaken for each other. Place was packed and people were dancing non-stop. Vanna Deux was great in a short but high energy appearance and totally won over the crowd. The big surprise to me was how mediocre the dance music between performances was, I really expected more from a late nite nyc gay oriented dance party, stereotype though that may be.

Turns out DBT fans could have stayed for free: They didn't clear out the club before they let the late nite audience in and they never checked for tickets, at least they never checked mine.