Dimmer Twins —Tarrytown 4/20/2019

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Jonicont
Site Admin

Dimmer Twins —Tarrytown 4/20/2019

Post by Jonicont »

Last show of the tour and probably the best one I saw. The boys were on from the get go. Lots of storytelling from Patterson and “digressin” from Cooley. He had them rolling in the aisles all night. Great enthusiastic crowd and nobody asked for Daddy’s Cup. And they fuckin played Wednesday!!!

Grand Canyon
Carl Perkins
Heathens
Pulaski
Wednesday
Gravity’s Gone
Club13
Self Destructive

Second set
Too Much Sex
Devil don’t stay
Tornadoes
Ghost to most
Opening Act
Women without whiskey
21st Century USA
Panties
Why Henry drinks
Marry me
Sinkhole
Filthy and Fried
Righteous path
Kinky hypocrite
Bubba
Zip city
Nine bullets
Always go to the show

Yaz Rock

Re: Dimmer Twins —Tarrytown 4/20/2019

Post by Yaz Rock »

Another memorable night at the venerable Music Hall, one of my favorite venues, and my hometown venue. I haven't seen the Dimmer Twins before so I've got nothing from the tour to compare this show to, but it was very enjoyable: the banter, the humor and the song selections. I do wish my workload had been lighter this week to allow me to sneak out early enough to also catch the NJ or Albany shows, but I'm happy at least to have had Tarrytown.

I especially enjoyed hearing Wednesday and Carl Perkins' Cadillac, which DBT played when the full band last performed at the Music Hall in 2015. I've also taken a liking to 21st Century USA. I've heard it twice so far but only in an acoustic setting. Cooley forgot the lyrics to Marry Me, the audience sorta filled in, then he came around and sag that verse again..

Great show all in all, there wasn't any song I would have swapped out for anything else. The venue wasn't nearly filled, there were empty seats even right up front. I know people like the full band shows but I figured the rare duo performance would be a draw.

More pics over at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9154&p=356686#p356686

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Yaz Rock wrote:Cooley forgot the lyrics to Marry Me, the audience sorta filled in, then he came around and sag that verse again.
It might have been the 11 gallons of tequila he drank during the two sets. I mean, whoa. I do not know how he was still standing. He's made of sterner stuff than most.

It was a really enjoyable show. Very loose, in a good way (mostly), and they were both having so much fun. (Which I think was a lot of the point of doing this tour together). And I got a sterling version of "A Ghost to Most" which tips the scales pretty heavily for me, always!

It's so clear that after all the years of ups and downs, they've arrived at a place where they really LIKE each other a lot, like being in each other's company, and just admire the hell out of each other as artists and partners. It bodes well for being able to imagine them doing a Dimmer Twins show...in 2040.
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

Yaz Rock

Post by Yaz Rock »

Thank you, Rocky!