Sellersville - Dimmer Twins

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

guitarmanmcs

Sellersville - Dimmer Twins

Post by guitarmanmcs »

Hi everyone. I’m mainly a lurker on here. I don’t post much but mainly read.

I have two front row tickets for Tuesday’s show in Sellersville. I have been looking forward to this show very much. Unfortunately I have a sick family member who needs a lot of attention and may be unable to attend the show. If this issue arises, I don’t want $90 worth of tickets going to waste. If I would be unable to go, would anyone be interested in the tickets? I don’t need full price but am hoping to get a little back perhaps. Just let me know if anyone is interested. I should know in a few days.

guitarmanmcs

Re: Sellersville - Dimmer Twins

Post by guitarmanmcs »

Hi again everyone. It looks like I will be UNABLE to attend. Tickets are yours if you want them. Front row. Message me or respond and I can send them.

Clams

Post by Clams »

guitarmanmcs wrote:Hi again everyone. It looks like I will be UNABLE to attend. Tickets are yours if you want them. Front row. Message me or respond and I can send them.
Hey guitarman, phungi and I will take em if you still got em. Thanks!
If you don't run you rust

phungi

Post by phungi »

For those who like to follow setlists... 9 Bullets Intro included blame for Clams...

Grand Canyon
Gravity’s Gone
Car Dealer War
Ramon Casiano
Heathens
Sounds better
21st Century USA
Devil Don’t Stay
Tornadoes
Ghost ti Most

Tails Facing Up
Wilder Days
When the Pin Hits The Shell
Opening Act
Shit Shots
Club 13
Zip City
Sinkhole
Surrender
Living Bubba

Filthy and Fried
Nine Bullets
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

Clams

Post by Clams »

I enjoy both Hood and Cooley solo but together as the Dimmer Twins they really take it up a few notches. They just complement each other so well, especially with the guitar playing and banter. The sound in the 80% full Sellersville Theater was as stellar as well. There was one dude who kept screaming out for Daddy's Cup and toward the end of the show I think Cooley was about to blast him but he got accidentally cut off by Patterson who started talking at the same time. Cooley had been drinking all through the show and I would've loved to hear what he was about to say. Patterson's new songs Club 13 and Wilder Days were fantastic - can't wait to hear more of them.

And here's an interesting intro we got from Cooley: He said that early one morning after a show in Austin he was the first one to show up at the bus which was parked behind the club. He watched as the workers at the club were loudly tossing all the previous night's empty bottles into a dumpster while a girl still dressed in her mini skirt and cowboy boots walked through the alley, refusing to go home. And thus was born Filthy & Fried.

A long haul up and back to Sellersville but a super fun night and good to see all the Philly regulars - Van and Jeff, Guinness, Vincent, Nutfat, Leslie from Wayne, Phungi, etc.

Last edited by Clams on Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you don't run you rust

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Shows like these make me wish I had seen some of the Dirt Underneath shows. In the stripped down and intimate environment, you really get to see two guys at the top of their craft. I was constantly amazed at how I could hear every note and watch their fingerpicking skills.

Cooley's work on Patterson's new songs was about as far from "winging it" as you can get. These shows are quite special.
Dave