Dimmer Twins: Asheville, NC 4/12 & 4/13

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Sterling Bigmouth

Re: Dimmer Twins: Asheville, NC 4/12 & 4/13

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Only got to listen to the second set and the encore that wasn’t an encore, but the stream sounded fantastic on my end. Thanks again. Wish they were coming closer to me than Asheville sometime soon, but I’m kicking myself in the pants for not making the trek to one of these in Asheville.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

https://archive.org/details/dimmertwins ... sbd.flac16

Dimmer Twins
2019/04/13
The Grey Eagle
Asheville, NC

source: Microtech Gefell M21 (dina) > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 + SBD > Sound Devices MixPre-6 @ 24/48
transfer: SDHC > PC > wave agent > Wavelab 6.1 (gain, matrix, fades) > iZotope RX 7 (edits) > CD Wave > Wavelab 6.1 (crystal resampler, MBIT+ dither) > THL (flac 8) > Foobar (tags)

*16bit/44.1khz fileset*

recorded and transferred by Gordon Wilson

A Team Dirty South Recording

Set One:

01. Intro
02. Ronnie and Neil
03. Gravity's Gone
04. Hell No, I Ain't Happy
05. Self Destructive Zones
06. Heathens *
07. Sounds Better in the Song
08. Wilder Days

Set Two:

01. Intro
02. Women Without Whiskey
03. Road Cases
04. A Ghost To Most
05. Tornadoes
06. Birthday Boy
07. Daddy Needs a Drink
08. Love Like This
09. George Jones Talkin’ Cell Phone Blues
10. Surrender Under Protest
11. Too Much Sex (Too Little Jesus)
12. Zip City
13. Grand Canyon
14. Filthy and Fried
15. Bulldozers and Dirt
16. Panties in Your Purse
17. The Sands of Iwo Jima
18. Uncle Frank
19. Banter
20. Nine Bullets

* dedicated to Kelly and me

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Can’t thank you enough for these recordings Gordon.

Plus one

Post by Plus one »

Agreed. Thanks so much. Can’t wait until the west coast shows.

ford911

Post by ford911 »

Sounds great!

laraelisabeth

Post by laraelisabeth »

Jonicont wrote:Setlist, 4/12/19-

Thanks to Lara
You are welcome. Thanks for the correction on last night's. I miss all y'all already.
there's no comfort in survival but I guess it's the best option I've found

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

The banter before Nine Bullets is hilarious (and fantastic!)

And I like Wilder Days too!
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Saturday night was an amazing show, so glad we decided to make the trip. It seemed like Patterson & Cooley were having a blast, and they sounded great. It might be recency bias, but I think I like Wilder Days better than any of the new songs I've heard so far. Got to hear some rarities (Too Much Sex, Too Little Jesus & Nine Bullets) and plenty of old favorites.

Also, I don't think anybody has mentioned yet that Patterson said they'd be back in Asheville this summer. I'm assuming he meant the full band, so I would expect more show announcements soon.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

rlipps wrote:Saturday night was an amazing show, so glad we decided to make the trip. It seemed like Patterson & Cooley were having a blast, and they sounded great. It might be recency bias, but I think I like Wilder Days better than any of the new songs I've heard so far. Got to hear some rarities (Too Much Sex, Too Little Jesus & Nine Bullets) and plenty of old favorites.

Also, I don't think anybody has mentioned yet that Patterson said they'd be back in Asheville this summer. I'm assuming he meant the full band, so I would expect more show announcements soon.
Standing around with Smitty at intermission scanning the audience. "you seen Rodney", "no, you", "no", "fuck, where's Rodney"
Always go to the show

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Jonicont wrote:
rlipps wrote:Saturday night was an amazing show, so glad we decided to make the trip. It seemed like Patterson & Cooley were having a blast, and they sounded great. It might be recency bias, but I think I like Wilder Days better than any of the new songs I've heard so far. Got to hear some rarities (Too Much Sex, Too Little Jesus & Nine Bullets) and plenty of old favorites.

Standing around with Smitty at intermission scanning the audience. "you seen Rodney", "no, you", "no", "fuck, where's Rodney"
I was home.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

rlipps wrote: Patterson said they'd be back in Asheville this summer. I'm assuming he meant the full band, so I would expect more show announcements soon.

He said it a couple times over both nights (I think)!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

A little video. Devil Don't Stay>Margo and Harold. Thanks to Tyler and Matt Pierce for helping to man the cameras and of course Mr. Wilson for the audio

Always go to the show

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

LBRod wrote:
Jonicont wrote:

I was home.
:lol:
Always go to the show

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Damn, diggin' Wilder Days too. It's not too late! ;)

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

gordonlw wrote:
rlipps wrote: Patterson said they'd be back in Asheville this summer. I'm assuming he meant the full band, so I would expect more show announcements soon.

I'm ok with a 2 night run at the Orange Peel this summer lol
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

brett27295 wrote:
gordonlw wrote:

I'm ok with a 2 night run at the Orange Peel this summer lol
I'd wish they'd branch out and do outdoors at Pisgah or outdoors at Salvage Station or anywhere but the peel ;)

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Gordon, I've got a question about how great those streams and recordings sound from last weekend: Is it in part because you live there and know that room really well and have it pretty well figured out, acoustically speaking?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:Gordon, I've got a question about how great those streams and recordings sound from last weekend: Is it in part because you live there and know that room really well and have it pretty well figured out, acoustically speaking?
the stream was from the soundboard feed. the recordings are a mix of my mics (which sound great on their own) and the soundboard. crowd was pretty well behaved which helps the end result a lot.

as far as the audience portion we do have a spot setup where we clamp our mics about 8 feet high right in the sweet spot. for this show that was pretty much right above the last seated row. so the standing crowd which tends to be louder is only picked up from the side. Also I ran hypercardioid mics which tend to pick up less crowd as they are more directional.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

gordonlw wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:Gordon, I've got a question about how great those streams and recordings sound from last weekend: Is it in part because you live there and know that room really well and have it pretty well figured out, acoustically speaking?
the stream was from the soundboard feed. the recordings are a mix of my mics (which sound great on their own) and the soundboard. crowd was pretty well behaved which helps the end result a lot.

as far as the audience portion we do have a spot setup where we clamp our mics about 8 feet high right in the sweet spot. for this show that was pretty much right above the last seated row. so the standing crowd which tends to be louder is only picked up from the side. Also I ran hypercardioid mics which tend to pick up less crowd as they are more directional.
Thanks! I wondered because, as good as your stuff always sounds, this one was--at least to these old ears--a cut above.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be