2019 Nuci's/Homecoming fundraiser and DVD/Blu-Ray offer

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

uncle rickey

2019 Nuci's/Homecoming fundraiser and DVD/Blu-Ray offer

Post by uncle rickey »

Friends,

Shoehorned in at the 40 Watt to see our guys in person, some of us shoulder-to-shoulder, some of us ear-to-ear (via live audio streams or Facebook Live videos), we’ll be together for another DBT Homecoming in just 65 days--and counting!

I can't wait to be in Athens with everyone: at the pre-party at Flicker, at the Friday afternoon Hangout, convening in the Days Inn parking lot, backyards, restaurants, hotels, and all over town, even outside the 40 Watt in what has practically become a party in line.

And of course, at the rock show! I think of Matt and Brad locked in on “Used to be a Cop,” propelling what was already a beast of a live song into something urgent and haunting and, well, danceable. I think of Jay’s funky organ and Cooley’s incisive runs chasing each other around during the breakdown as Patterson tells us what went down at “Goode’s Field Road.”

Over and over, I’ve seen the band’s live interplay elevate these great songs, and then, with all of us in the crowd locked in--feeling, reacting, engaging--they take the songs up to unanticipated, even transformational heights… elevations reached with and because of us. The sense that these individual parts and people create something greater--together--is exhilarating and inspiring to me. 65 days and counting!

In the spirit of this togetherness, our DBT fan community has come together for the past seven years around Homecoming weekend to raise money for Nuci’s Space. If you post here or just follow DBT generally, you probably know about Nuci’s, their mission to prevent suicide, and their focused support for musicians. Nuci’s Space is at the heart of Athens--and by providing physical and emotional resources that nurture this special community, Nuci’s is clearly Athens’ heart. I'm proud to support their life-saving, life-affirming work each year, and proud to ask you once again to join me as a supporter. You can learn more about Nuci’s Space here: https://www.nuci.org/.

Each of the past seven years, we at 3DD have produced a DVD (or Blu-Ray) of a full DBT show that you can’t get anywhere else. This year's show is especially memorable and special: 2/16/2018, night two of 2018 Homecoming, which Patterson dedicated to our Lorna Robertson in memory of her late husband John, beloved of so many of us. We'll post some clips from the show below.

When last year's DVD fundraiser raised a little over $10,000 in donations from 171 donors, I was thrilled and inspired--as though together with all of you at a show, experiencing yet another new summit. I am so thankful to everyone who gave so generously. Please do join me again, or join me for the first time, in giving to this inspiring organization. Let's come together and elevate that five-figure goal.

In gratitude,

Luke
(a/k/a uncle rickey)

ImageIMG_4040 by jonicont, on Flickr

Thanks to Sarah and Luke Henderson, Bill Fraley, Chris Wade, Tyler Eaves, Allison Stettler and Philip Schatz for the excellent video footage. Tom Huster and Mark Lynn for the exceptional audio. And Kevin Quigley for the Artwork

Here's a few video clips to whet your appetite

Surrender Under Protest

Pauline Hawkins

The KKK Took My Baby Away

Obtaining your discs is a TWO STEP PROCESS

STEP ONE: Donate to Nucis

A $20 minimum donation for the dvd

A $25 minimum donation for the Blu-ray

you can do that below

This link allows you to choose between Paypal or Credit Card

https://nuci.wufoo.com/forms/z9wfeh20iln374/
Donations to this link will be automatically reported to us at 3DD.

Check
If you're sending a check, make sure you include "3DD" and your user name (if you have one) in the memo line!

Mail it to:

Nuci's Space
396 Oconee Street
Athens, GA 30601

STEP TWO: PAY FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING

SHIPPING AND HANDLING IS PAID TO ME

S&H for the DVD is $6.00

S&H for the BLURAY is $7.00

pay me via Paypal--My Paypal address is jonicont@aol.com

Or you can send me a check (Email me (jonicont@threedimesdown.com) for my address)

Thanks to everyone who donated last year.

ALWAYS GO TO THE SHOW
Jonicont
Last edited by uncle rickey on Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

beantownbubba

Re: 2019 Nuci's/Homecoming fundraiser and DVD/Blu-Ray offer

Post by beantownbubba »

You have outdone yourself Uncle Rickey. I am proud to be your nephew.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Mine just arrived. One of the best things about getting these DVDs is that I can always remember little parts of the show---just looking at the setlist on this one, I remember the middle of Buttholeville. When they started the song, I was waiting and hoping it was gonna happen. Then it hit that part of the song where they either finish it out or take the turn. Then the stage lights flashed all bright red and blue when Patterson slid into State Trooper.

I'm looking forward to seeing it again and remembering all those other things that made it the great show it was.

I'm saving it for New Year's Eve when the neighborhood kids will be shooting off fireworks for about five hours straight. Fireworks freak out our dog, so I always put on something loud for him (and me!) on New Year's and 4th of July. The Dexateens are the dog's favorite band from past experience, but this year I'm gonna introduce him to live DBT.
Let the outside air in

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Mine arrived Xmas eve. Great show! Thanks to all involved.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Filled out the Wufoo form, hit submit, and nothing happened. Twice. I expected to be sent to PayPal, but nothing.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

LBRod wrote:Filled out the Wufoo form, hit submit, and nothing happened. Twice. I expected to be sent to PayPal, but nothing.
We're looking into it. It seems to be working okay on my end and we've had donations since your attempt, so it may have been a temporary glitch.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

uncle rickey wrote:
LBRod wrote:Filled out the Wufoo form, hit submit, and nothing happened. Twice. I expected to be sent to PayPal, but nothing.
We're looking into it. It seems to be working okay on my end and we've had donations since your attempt, so it may have been a temporary glitch.
Worked fine this time. Probably user error the first time.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

LBRod wrote:
uncle rickey wrote:
gots to watch out for those dang users. humans! :D

Flea

Post by Flea »

LBRod wrote:
uncle rickey wrote:
Now it's dark.

mikem

Post by mikem »

Can I buy this and or Past DVDs at the Home Coming shows??

Thanks

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

mikem wrote:Can I buy this and or Past DVDs at the Home Coming shows??

Thanks
Nope
Always go to the show

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Friends,

Poring through "The Company We Keep" and seeing myself right beside so many of the best people I could possibly know, I'm so excited to think... we're just 33 days away from Homecoming 2019.

As my excitement builds for our time together, I tend to talk about Homecoming a lot--in the office, with friends, with family. I'm sometimes not sure my enthusiasm fully registers with my audience, so it was touching when yesterday morning a work colleague handed me a $100 check for our Nuci's Space fundraiser. And, more exciting still, with that gift we surpassed the $10,000 mark in donations. Already! 33 days out!

Your donations continue to arrive--up to $10,328 as of this moment!--and I'm so thankful for all of them. And for everyone still planning to give, know that each dollar, and any dollar, you entrust to Nuci's is a sweetness, providing deep-down nourishment to artists and a community very much in need. Our gifts have real impact.

With your help, our DBT fan community could really blast past our goal this year. Let's keep this going in supporting this worthy and inspiring organization!

Hope to see you in Athens,
-Luke

d@nuci

Post by d@nuci »

Well put Luke! I can confirm that we at Nuci's Space are getting ready to receive all you wonderful HeAthens and can't wait for Homecoming. See you soon!

Dave

uncle rickey

Re: LAST CALL:Nuci's/Homecoming fundraiser and DVD/Blu-Ray o

Post by uncle rickey »

Hey everyone, we're about a week out from traveling to Athens, so if you've been meaning to give but haven't yet, and want that DVD/Blu-Ray, now's the time to do it.

Huge thanks to everyone who's donated so far!

bold99

Post by bold99 »

Thank you for making this happen. Watched it with a fairly new DBT friend and now we need to go to Athens next year!!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

bold99 wrote:Thank you for making this happen. Watched it with a fairly new DBT friend and now we need to go to Athens next year!!
Wow, long time, no see, bold99. Hope you do make it to Homecoming next year, and pop in here occasionally as well. Good to see ya!

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Did you guys film one of the shows this year?

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:Did you guys film one of the shows this year?
Night one. Pretty nice setlist that night. :D

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

uncle rickey wrote:
Zip Up to Michigan wrote:Did you guys film one of the shows this year?
Night one. Pretty nice setlist that night. :D

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

If you ordered a video before 2/6 and have not received it, please PM me
Always go to the show

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

I just wanted to once again thank everyone for their generosity. This year's DVD/Blu-Ray donation drive raised $17,296! Incredible! And inspiring. I know what an impact gifts like ours can make on an organization the size of Nuci's, so I'll just say, again: thank you.

We'll post a more detailed accounting of all of fundraisers (including totals raised from the raffle, the auction, the cookout, the books, etc.) shortly. This has been--far and away--our best year of fundraising yet!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

uncle rickey wrote:
We'll post a more detailed accounting of all of fundraisers (including totals raised from the raffle, the auction, the cookout, the books, etc.) shortly. This has been--far and away--our best year of fundraising yet!
Can't wait to hear. Sure seemed like a lot of money rolling down that hill.

guitarmanmcs

Post by guitarmanmcs »

Hey guys, I feel like a jerk. I've been dealing with 2 very sick family members and I have been out of the loop for this year's fundraiser. Is this still going on or did I miss the chance?

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

guitarmanmcs wrote:Hey guys, I feel like a jerk. I've been dealing with 2 very sick family members and I have been out of the loop for this year's fundraiser. Is this still going on or did I miss the chance?

Check your PM
Always go to the show

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

^^I checked with Dave at Nuci’s, and he said he’ll keep the 3DD giving link open for a few more days.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

This offer is officially ended. If you have not received your video, please PM me
Always go to the show