Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, olwiggum, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby schlanky » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:56 pm

LBRod wrote:
th in sc wrote:Have to do a shout out to Bob for making the beer share a great one! He bought some great beer and we had a lot of laughs! Till next time Bob!!

Bob!!


Bob!!!!
Let it go, my friend. Let the outside air in.
User avatar
schlanky
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: Take a left on the interstate.

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby beantownbubba » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:09 pm

On the assumption that Patterson has a reason for pretty much everything he does, I wonder why he did "Grand Canyon" on Thursday nite (and only Thursday nite). I usually associate it w/ Friday and the especially poignant/intense thoughts of Craig that Homecoming Fridays bring and I'm pretty sure the band has always played it on Friday before. Could mean nothing of course, but see the first sentence.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard
beantownbubba
 
Posts: 18574
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:52 am
Location: Trying to stay focused on the righteous path

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby Plus one » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:23 am

So, I’m not too good at this sort of social media thing. Definitely nothing like my sweet wife Beth, who seems to do it with such ease and grace, but after the experience at homecoming I felt like I needed to say something and not just fade into the background until the next show. Beyond the music which is what brought me there and was so amazing and satisfying, blowing my mind each night, there was another part of the experience which moved me just as much, maybe more. As a first time homecoming attendee I had an idea of what to expect. I follow along on 3dd and FB. I read The Company I Keep cover to cover. I knew there was something special about this community, this family of people who gather to celebrate together. Who support each other. Who love each other. But the thing is, but for a few very cool people I’ve been lucky to meet here in California most of you have never met me before. Yet, from the moment I got there I started meeting all these wonderful people who welcomed me with open arms. I’d like to go person by person and mention each one of you individually because I had so many great interactions with so many cool, interesting, open, caring people. I know if I did that I’d inevitably, inadvertently leave people out and feel badly about that. So let me just say a collective thank you to the many amazing people I met at homecoming. Thank you for welcoming me and my family into this amazing DBT family with such open arms. Can’t wait until next time. I hope it’s soon.
Plus one
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:00 pm

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby beantownbubba » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:45 am

Plus one wrote:So, I’m not too good at this sort of social media thing. Definitely nothing like my sweet wife Beth, who seems to do it with such ease and grace, but after the experience at homecoming I felt like I needed to say something and not just fade into the background until the next show. Beyond the music which is what brought me there and was so amazing and satisfying, blowing my mind each night, there was another part of the experience which moved me just as much, maybe more. As a first time homecoming attendee I had an idea of what to expect. I follow along on 3dd and FB. I read The Company I Keep cover to cover. I knew there was something special about this community, this family of people who gather to celebrate together. Who support each other. Who love each other. But the thing is, but for a few very cool people I’ve been lucky to meet here in California most of you have never met me before. Yet, from the moment I got there I started meeting all these wonderful people who welcomed me with open arms. I’d like to go person by person and mention each one of you individually because I had so many great interactions with so many cool, interesting, open, caring people. I know if I did that I’d inevitably, inadvertently leave people out and feel badly about that. So let me just say a collective thank you to the many amazing people I met at homecoming. Thank you for welcoming me and my family into this amazing DBT family with such open arms. Can’t wait until next time. I hope it’s soon.


Pleasure to meet you, Jon. Stick around a little longer and you'll be posting regularly.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard
beantownbubba
 
Posts: 18574
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:52 am
Location: Trying to stay focused on the righteous path

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby Flea » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:24 am

Plus one wrote:So, I’m not too good at this sort of social media thing. Definitely nothing like my sweet wife Beth, who seems to do it with such ease and grace, but after the experience at homecoming I felt like I needed to say something and not just fade into the background until the next show. Beyond the music which is what brought me there and was so amazing and satisfying, blowing my mind each night, there was another part of the experience which moved me just as much, maybe more. As a first time homecoming attendee I had an idea of what to expect. I follow along on 3dd and FB. I read The Company I Keep cover to cover. I knew there was something special about this community, this family of people who gather to celebrate together. Who support each other. Who love each other. But the thing is, but for a few very cool people I’ve been lucky to meet here in California most of you have never met me before. Yet, from the moment I got there I started meeting all these wonderful people who welcomed me with open arms. I’d like to go person by person and mention each one of you individually because I had so many great interactions with so many cool, interesting, open, caring people. I know if I did that I’d inevitably, inadvertently leave people out and feel badly about that. So let me just say a collective thank you to the many amazing people I met at homecoming. Thank you for welcoming me and my family into this amazing DBT family with such open arms. Can’t wait until next time. I hope it’s soon.


New meat!*













*Hi Jon! It was like you guys had always been there.
I ain't looking at your ears.
User avatar
Flea
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:33 am
Location: Underneath the veneer

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby phungi » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:16 am

Plus one wrote:So, I’m not too good at this sort of social media thing. Definitely nothing like my sweet wife Beth, who seems to do it with such ease and grace, but after the experience at homecoming I felt like I needed to say something and not just fade into the background until the next show. Beyond the music which is what brought me there and was so amazing and satisfying, blowing my mind each night, there was another part of the experience which moved me just as much, maybe more. As a first time homecoming attendee I had an idea of what to expect. I follow along on 3dd and FB. I read The Company I Keep cover to cover. I knew there was something special about this community, this family of people who gather to celebrate together. Who support each other. Who love each other. But the thing is, but for a few very cool people I’ve been lucky to meet here in California most of you have never met me before. Yet, from the moment I got there I started meeting all these wonderful people who welcomed me with open arms. I’d like to go person by person and mention each one of you individually because I had so many great interactions with so many cool, interesting, open, caring people. I know if I did that I’d inevitably, inadvertently leave people out and feel badly about that. So let me just say a collective thank you to the many amazing people I met at homecoming. Thank you for welcoming me and my family into this amazing DBT family with such open arms. Can’t wait until next time. I hope it’s soon.


we're really not all that nice... we were all just having a contest to see who could get you to show the biggest smile... it was a tie...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...
User avatar
phungi
 
Posts: 728
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 11:40 am
Location: a little closer every day

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby Tyler » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:07 pm

beantownbubba wrote:On the assumption that Patterson has a reason for pretty much everything he does, I wonder why he did "Grand Canyon" on Thursday nite (and only Thursday nite). I usually associate it w/ Friday and the especially poignant/intense thoughts of Craig that Homecoming Fridays bring and I'm pretty sure the band has always played it on Friday before. Could mean nothing of course, but see the first sentence.


Think it was just sorta a matter of being the open night.

I suspect that had discussions about going real SRO heavy on Friday, so that was taken for A&F, and Saturday always ends with a big blow up (Either RItFW or PWD)
Tyler
 
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby Clams » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:17 pm

Homecoming pics, all stolen from the DBT fan page on FB. Don't blame me (haha) if they're too big but resizing FB pics is a bitch. There are some great vids going around FB too but I don't know how to post a non-youtube vid here.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
If a man's gonna eat fried chicken he's got to get greasy
User avatar
Clams
 
Posts: 13215
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:16 pm
Location: City of Brotherly Love

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby brett27295 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:34 pm

Hey Clams any way you can make those pics bigger? I can barely see them.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.
User avatar
brett27295
 
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:00 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby Clams » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:52 pm

brett27295 wrote:Hey Clams any way you can make those pics bigger? I can barely see them.


Clams wrote:Homecoming pics, all stolen from the DBT fan page on FB. Don't blame me (haha) if they're too big but resizing FB pics is a bitch. There are some great vids going around FB too but I don't know how to post a non-youtube vid here.



Folks wanted pics, I gave em pics.
If a man's gonna eat fried chicken he's got to get greasy
User avatar
Clams
 
Posts: 13215
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:16 pm
Location: City of Brotherly Love

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby Ruffian86 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:18 pm

Well homecoming was nothing short of amazing, I'm still processing the whole thing. But a few things I have learned for a certainty, the HILL is real, clocked is my absolute favorite place I have ever eaten in my life, the dazed is absolutely the place to be, and probably the most important is you are going to be completely welcomed by your fellow heathens a special thanks to Uncle Ricky, Cooley girl, word man, tequila cowboy and johnicont. There is more people but I don't know their handles. The whole community is amazing and I'll be seeing y'all at the Rock show! Much love from muscle shoals!
Let's get on with the shit show
Ruffian86
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:54 pm
Location: Muscle shoals Alabama

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby dime in the gutter » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:16 pm

clams is a fucking genius.
User avatar
dime in the gutter
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby Clams » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:34 am

dime in the gutter wrote:clams is a fucking genius.

Finally!
If a man's gonna eat fried chicken he's got to get greasy
User avatar
Clams
 
Posts: 13215
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:16 pm
Location: City of Brotherly Love

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby glennrwordman » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:38 am

Clams wrote:
dime in the gutter wrote:clams is a fucking genius.

Finally!


The worm, she has turned?
Talkin tough's easy when it's other people's evil/& you're judging what they do or don't believe
User avatar
glennrwordman
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:48 pm
Location: New York

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby phungi » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:44 am

glennrwordman wrote:
Clams wrote:
dime in the gutter wrote:clams is a fucking genius.

Finally!


The worm, she has turned?


the phrase "I praise Clams" just doesn't roll off the tongue...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...
User avatar
phungi
 
Posts: 728
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 11:40 am
Location: a little closer every day

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby brett27295 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:48 am

dime in the gutter wrote:clams is a fucking genius.


That's a goddamn sacrilegious thing to say.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.
User avatar
brett27295
 
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:00 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby Clams » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:04 am

brett27295 wrote:
dime in the gutter wrote:clams is a fucking genius.


That's a goddamn sacrilegious thing to say.

Suck it, bitches (except for you, dime)
If a man's gonna eat fried chicken he's got to get greasy
User avatar
Clams
 
Posts: 13215
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:16 pm
Location: City of Brotherly Love

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby beantownbubba » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:39 am

dime in the gutter wrote:clams is a fucking genius.


Dime, what have you done??!! :o :shock: :roll:
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard
beantownbubba
 
Posts: 18574
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:52 am
Location: Trying to stay focused on the righteous path

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby Wolf » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:40 am

dime in the gutter wrote:clams is a fucking genius.

more like a fuckin' mollusk :D
Wolf
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby walthers » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:53 pm

Clams wrote:
brett27295 wrote:Hey Clams any way you can make those pics bigger? I can barely see them.


Clams wrote:Homecoming pics, all stolen from the DBT fan page on FB. Don't blame me (haha) if they're too big but resizing FB pics is a bitch. There are some great vids going around FB too but I don't know how to post a non-youtube vid here.



Folks wanted pics, I gave em pics.


Indeed you did! Thank you sir, much appreciated from those of us not on FB.
walthers
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby brett27295 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:19 pm

walthers wrote:
Indeed you did! Thank you sir, much appreciated from those of us not on FB.


At the rate we're going we're gonna stop blaming Clams for everything. Let's slow our roll people.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.
User avatar
brett27295
 
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:00 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby walthers » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:00 pm

True. BUT, if that ever is the case, everyone can just blame him for not having anyone to blame! You know how the saying goes, “sun shines on a dogs.....”
walthers
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby ilockyer » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:35 am

walthers wrote:True. BUT, if that ever is the case, everyone can just blame him for not having anyone to blame! You know how the saying goes, “sun shines on a dogs.....”


It's his fault some folks aren't on Facebook and couldn't see the pics.

There, problem solved!
ilockyer
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:45 pm
Location: Exeter, England

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby gordonlw » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:43 am

https://archive.org/details/donchambers ... m20.flac16

Don Chambers
2019/02/14
40 Watt Club
Athens, GA

source: Microtech Gefell M20 (din) > Nbob KCY > Naiant PFA (60V) > Sound Devices Mixpre-6 @ 24/48
location: directly in front of sbd dfc, stand @ 8'
transfer: SDHC > PC > Wavelab 6.1 (gain, fades) > CD Wave > Wavelab 6.1 (crystal resampler, MBIT+ dither) > THL (flac 8) > Foobar (tags)

*16bit/44.1khz fileset*

recorded and transferred by Gordon Wilson

A Team Dirty South Recording

01. Intro by Patterson Hood
02. Sorrows Like Sea Billows Roll
03. Mountain
04. Noise of Water
05. Same Dream
06. Your Lovers
07. Listen to Me
08. Born to be Yours
09. Which One Is Worse
10. Open the Gates
11. The Last Thursday *
12. Straighten the Bones

* w/ Jay Gonzalez
Last edited by gordonlw on Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
gordonlw
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:48 am
Location: Asheville, NC

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby beantownbubba » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:39 pm

ilockyer wrote:
walthers wrote:True. BUT, if that ever is the case, everyone can just blame him for not having anyone to blame! You know how the saying goes, “sun shines on a dogs.....”


It's his fault some folks aren't on Facebook and couldn't see the pics.

There, problem solved!


Now THAT's genius!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard
beantownbubba
 
Posts: 18574
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:52 am
Location: Trying to stay focused on the righteous path

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby phungi » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:27 pm

beantownbubba wrote:
ilockyer wrote:
walthers wrote:True. BUT, if that ever is the case, everyone can just blame him for not having anyone to blame! You know how the saying goes, “sun shines on a dogs.....”


It's his fault some folks aren't on Facebook and couldn't see the pics.

There, problem solved!


Now THAT's genius!


good to see everyone playing the (re)blame game again...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...
User avatar
phungi
 
Posts: 728
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 11:40 am
Location: a little closer every day

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby Mundane Mayhem » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:43 pm

gordonlw wrote:https://archive.org/details/donchambers2019-02-14.m20.flac16

Don Chambers
2019/02/14
40 Watt Club
Athens, GA

source: Microtech Gefell M20 (din) > Nbob KCY > Naiant PFA (60V) > Sound Devices Mixpre-6 @ 24/48
location: directly in front of sbd dfc, stand @ 8'
transfer: SDHC > PC > Wavelab 6.1 (gain, fades) > CD Wave > Wavelab 6.1 (crystal resampler, MBIT+ dither) > THL (flac 8) > Foobar (tags)

*16bit/44.1khz fileset*

recorded and transferred by Gordon Wilson

A Team Dirty South Recording

01. Intro by Patterson Hood
02. Sorrows Like Sea Billows Roll
03. ?
04. Noise of Water
05. Same Dream
06. Your Lovers
07. Listen to Me
08. Born to be Yours
09. ?
10. Open the Gates
11. ? *
12. Straighten the Bones

* w/ Jay Gonzalez


Track 11 is "The Last Thursday." Not sure about the other two.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs
Mundane Mayhem
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:04 am
Location: Denver

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby gordonlw » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:47 pm

thanks ^
User avatar
gordonlw
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:48 am
Location: Asheville, NC

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby Clams » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:01 pm

gordonlw wrote:
Don Chambers

02. Sorrows Like Sea Billows Roll



So that's what they were singing. Nothing like kicking off your opening set with an unintelligible 10 minute droner. That was a really weird song. IMO.
If a man's gonna eat fried chicken he's got to get greasy
User avatar
Clams
 
Posts: 13215
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:16 pm
Location: City of Brotherly Love

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Postby gordonlw » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:14 pm

Clams wrote:
gordonlw wrote:
Don Chambers

02. Sorrows Like Sea Billows Roll



So that's what they were singing. Nothing like kicking off your opening set with an unintelligible 10 minute droner. That was a really weird song. IMO.


I dug it
User avatar
gordonlw
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:48 am
Location: Asheville, NC

PreviousNext

Return to Drive-By Truckers discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests