Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

schlanky

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Post by schlanky »

LBRod wrote:
th in sc wrote:Have to do a shout out to Bob for making the beer share a great one! He bought some great beer and we had a lot of laughs! Till next time Bob!!
Bob!!
Bob!!!!
Let the outside air in

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

On the assumption that Patterson has a reason for pretty much everything he does, I wonder why he did "Grand Canyon" on Thursday nite (and only Thursday nite). I usually associate it w/ Friday and the especially poignant/intense thoughts of Craig that Homecoming Fridays bring and I'm pretty sure the band has always played it on Friday before. Could mean nothing of course, but see the first sentence.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Plus one

Post by Plus one »

So, I’m not too good at this sort of social media thing. Definitely nothing like my sweet wife Beth, who seems to do it with such ease and grace, but after the experience at homecoming I felt like I needed to say something and not just fade into the background until the next show. Beyond the music which is what brought me there and was so amazing and satisfying, blowing my mind each night, there was another part of the experience which moved me just as much, maybe more. As a first time homecoming attendee I had an idea of what to expect. I follow along on 3dd and FB. I read The Company I Keep cover to cover. I knew there was something special about this community, this family of people who gather to celebrate together. Who support each other. Who love each other. But the thing is, but for a few very cool people I’ve been lucky to meet here in California most of you have never met me before. Yet, from the moment I got there I started meeting all these wonderful people who welcomed me with open arms. I’d like to go person by person and mention each one of you individually because I had so many great interactions with so many cool, interesting, open, caring people. I know if I did that I’d inevitably, inadvertently leave people out and feel badly about that. So let me just say a collective thank you to the many amazing people I met at homecoming. Thank you for welcoming me and my family into this amazing DBT family with such open arms. Can’t wait until next time. I hope it’s soon.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Plus one wrote:So, I’m not too good at this sort of social media thing. Definitely nothing like my sweet wife Beth, who seems to do it with such ease and grace, but after the experience at homecoming I felt like I needed to say something and not just fade into the background until the next show. Beyond the music which is what brought me there and was so amazing and satisfying, blowing my mind each night, there was another part of the experience which moved me just as much, maybe more. As a first time homecoming attendee I had an idea of what to expect. I follow along on 3dd and FB. I read The Company I Keep cover to cover. I knew there was something special about this community, this family of people who gather to celebrate together. Who support each other. Who love each other. But the thing is, but for a few very cool people I’ve been lucky to meet here in California most of you have never met me before. Yet, from the moment I got there I started meeting all these wonderful people who welcomed me with open arms. I’d like to go person by person and mention each one of you individually because I had so many great interactions with so many cool, interesting, open, caring people. I know if I did that I’d inevitably, inadvertently leave people out and feel badly about that. So let me just say a collective thank you to the many amazing people I met at homecoming. Thank you for welcoming me and my family into this amazing DBT family with such open arms. Can’t wait until next time. I hope it’s soon.
Pleasure to meet you, Jon. Stick around a little longer and you'll be posting regularly.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Plus one wrote:So, I’m not too good at this sort of social media thing. Definitely nothing like my sweet wife Beth, who seems to do it with such ease and grace, but after the experience at homecoming I felt like I needed to say something and not just fade into the background until the next show. Beyond the music which is what brought me there and was so amazing and satisfying, blowing my mind each night, there was another part of the experience which moved me just as much, maybe more. As a first time homecoming attendee I had an idea of what to expect. I follow along on 3dd and FB. I read The Company I Keep cover to cover. I knew there was something special about this community, this family of people who gather to celebrate together. Who support each other. Who love each other. But the thing is, but for a few very cool people I’ve been lucky to meet here in California most of you have never met me before. Yet, from the moment I got there I started meeting all these wonderful people who welcomed me with open arms. I’d like to go person by person and mention each one of you individually because I had so many great interactions with so many cool, interesting, open, caring people. I know if I did that I’d inevitably, inadvertently leave people out and feel badly about that. So let me just say a collective thank you to the many amazing people I met at homecoming. Thank you for welcoming me and my family into this amazing DBT family with such open arms. Can’t wait until next time. I hope it’s soon.
New meat!*

*Hi Jon! It was like you guys had always been there.
Now it's dark.

phungi

Post by phungi »

we're really not all that nice... we were all just having a contest to see who could get you to show the biggest smile... it was a tie...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

beantownbubba wrote:On the assumption that Patterson has a reason for pretty much everything he does, I wonder why he did "Grand Canyon" on Thursday nite (and only Thursday nite). I usually associate it w/ Friday and the especially poignant/intense thoughts of Craig that Homecoming Fridays bring and I'm pretty sure the band has always played it on Friday before. Could mean nothing of course, but see the first sentence.
Think it was just sorta a matter of being the open night.

I suspect that had discussions about going real SRO heavy on Friday, so that was taken for A&F, and Saturday always ends with a big blow up (Either RItFW or PWD)

Clams

Post by Clams »

Homecoming pics, all stolen from the DBT fan page on FB. Don't blame me (haha) if they're too big but resizing FB pics is a bitch. There are some great vids going around FB too but I don't know how to post a non-youtube vid here.

Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Hey Clams any way you can make those pics bigger? I can barely see them.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Clams

Post by Clams »

brett27295 wrote:Hey Clams any way you can make those pics bigger? I can barely see them.
Clams wrote:Homecoming pics, all stolen from the DBT fan page on FB. Don't blame me (haha) if they're too big but resizing FB pics is a bitch. There are some great vids going around FB too but I don't know how to post a non-youtube vid here.
Folks wanted pics, I gave em pics.

Ruffian86

Post by Ruffian86 »

Well homecoming was nothing short of amazing, I'm still processing the whole thing. But a few things I have learned for a certainty, the HILL is real, clocked is my absolute favorite place I have ever eaten in my life, the dazed is absolutely the place to be, and probably the most important is you are going to be completely welcomed by your fellow heathens a special thanks to Uncle Ricky, Cooley girl, word man, tequila cowboy and johnicont. There is more people but I don't know their handles. The whole community is amazing and I'll be seeing y'all at the Rock show! Much love from muscle shoals!
Let's get on with the shit show

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

clams is a fucking genius.

Clams

Post by Clams »

dime in the gutter wrote:clams is a fucking genius.
Finally!

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Clams wrote:
Finally!
The worm, she has turned?
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

phungi

Post by phungi »

glennrwordman wrote:
Clams wrote:
Finally!
The worm, she has turned?
the phrase "I praise Clams" just doesn't roll off the tongue...

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

That's a goddamn sacrilegious thing to say.

Clams

Post by Clams »

brett27295 wrote:
That's a goddamn sacrilegious thing to say.
Suck it, bitches (except for you, dime)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Dime, what have you done??!! :o :shock: :roll:

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

more like a fuckin' mollusk :D

walthers

Post by walthers »

Clams wrote:
brett27295 wrote:Hey Clams any way you can make those pics bigger? I can barely see them.
Clams wrote:Homecoming pics, all stolen from the DBT fan page on FB. Don't blame me (haha) if they're too big but resizing FB pics is a bitch. There are some great vids going around FB too but I don't know how to post a non-youtube vid here.
Folks wanted pics, I gave em pics.
Indeed you did! Thank you sir, much appreciated from those of us not on FB.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

walthers wrote:
Indeed you did! Thank you sir, much appreciated from those of us not on FB.
At the rate we're going we're gonna stop blaming Clams for everything. Let's slow our roll people.

walthers

Post by walthers »

True. BUT, if that ever is the case, everyone can just blame him for not having anyone to blame! You know how the saying goes, “sun shines on a dogs.....”

ilockyer

Post by ilockyer »

walthers wrote:True. BUT, if that ever is the case, everyone can just blame him for not having anyone to blame! You know how the saying goes, “sun shines on a dogs.....”
It's his fault some folks aren't on Facebook and couldn't see the pics.

There, problem solved!

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

https://archive.org/details/donchambers ... m20.flac16

Don Chambers
2019/02/14
40 Watt Club
Athens, GA

source: Microtech Gefell M20 (din) > Nbob KCY > Naiant PFA (60V) > Sound Devices Mixpre-6 @ 24/48
transfer: SDHC > PC > Wavelab 6.1 (gain, fades) > CD Wave > Wavelab 6.1 (crystal resampler, MBIT+ dither) > THL (flac 8) > Foobar (tags)

*16bit/44.1khz fileset*

recorded and transferred by Gordon Wilson

A Team Dirty South Recording

01. Intro by Patterson Hood
02. Sorrows Like Sea Billows Roll
03. Mountain
04. Noise of Water
05. Same Dream
06. Your Lovers
07. Listen to Me
08. Born to be Yours
09. Which One Is Worse
10. Open the Gates
11. The Last Thursday *
12. Straighten the Bones

* w/ Jay Gonzalez
Last edited by gordonlw on Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

ilockyer wrote:
walthers wrote:True. BUT, if that ever is the case, everyone can just blame him for not having anyone to blame! You know how the saying goes, “sun shines on a dogs.....”

There, problem solved!
Now THAT's genius!

phungi

Post by phungi »

beantownbubba wrote:
ilockyer wrote:

There, problem solved!
Now THAT's genius!
good to see everyone playing the (re)blame game again...

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

gordonlw wrote:https://archive.org/details/donchambers ... m20.flac16

Don Chambers
2019/02/14
40 Watt Club
Athens, GA

source: Microtech Gefell M20 (din) > Nbob KCY > Naiant PFA (60V) > Sound Devices Mixpre-6 @ 24/48
transfer: SDHC > PC > Wavelab 6.1 (gain, fades) > CD Wave > Wavelab 6.1 (crystal resampler, MBIT+ dither) > THL (flac 8) > Foobar (tags)

*16bit/44.1khz fileset*

recorded and transferred by Gordon Wilson

A Team Dirty South Recording

01. Intro by Patterson Hood
03. ?
04. Noise of Water
05. Same Dream
06. Your Lovers
07. Listen to Me
08. Born to be Yours
09. ?
10. Open the Gates
11. ? *
12. Straighten the Bones

* w/ Jay Gonzalez
Track 11 is "The Last Thursday." Not sure about the other two.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

thanks ^

Clams

Post by Clams »

gordonlw wrote:
Don Chambers

So that's what they were singing. Nothing like kicking off your opening set with an unintelligible 10 minute droner. That was a really weird song. IMO.

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

Clams wrote:
gordonlw wrote:
Don Chambers

So that's what they were singing. Nothing like kicking off your opening set with an unintelligible 10 minute droner. That was a really weird song. IMO.
I dug it