Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Thur., Fri, Sat.) Sold Out)

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

LBRod

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (general on-sale 11/2 @ 10 am

Post by LBRod »

Maybe Linqua Franqa is a big draw in Athens.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

RedCelt

Post by RedCelt »

I had gotten on Friday afternoon, so was able to get all 3 nights. Looking forward to HeAthens Homecoming 2019!

After hearing from Schlanky that Saturday show had sold out, I checked StubHub just to see if they had tickets for the show. There are indeed Saturday night tickets on StubHub, for $280.
As has been discussed here, it is a good thing for the band that the Homecoming shows are so popular. I do hate that the markup on the resell tix is so high.
- RedCelt

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

RedCelt wrote:I had gotten on Friday afternoon, so was able to get all 3 nights. Looking forward to HeAthens Homecoming 2019!

After hearing from Schlanky that Saturday show had sold out, I checked StubHub just to see if they had tickets for the show. There are indeed Saturday night tickets on StubHub, for $280.
As has been discussed here, it is a good thing for the band that the Homecoming shows are so popular. I do hate that the markup on the resell tix is so high.
I would be unsurprised if there were speculation at work, driving the price up artificially. Here's to them losing their asses on it!
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

RedCelt

Post by RedCelt »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
I would be unsurprised if there were speculation at work, driving the price up artificially. Here's to them losing their asses on it!
I am quite sure there is speculation at work. I just hope that the true fans can get tix at a fair price.
- RedCelt

phungi

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Saturday Sold Out)

Post by phungi »

overlooking the factor of "who didn't get tickets", it seems like veterans of Homecoming did get Saturday night tickets, so this is shaping up as a 500-person fan cub show...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

phungi wrote:overlooking the factor of "who didn't get tickets", it seems like veterans of Homecoming did get Saturday night tickets, so this is shaping up as a 500-person fan cub show...
More like 500+ lol. That venue is always a lot more sold out on Saturday than it is when sold out the other nights...
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Flea

Post by Flea »

brett27295 wrote:
phungi wrote:overlooking the factor of "who didn't get tickets", it seems like veterans of Homecoming did get Saturday night tickets, so this is shaping up as a 500-person fan cub show...
More like 500+ lol. That venue is always a lot more sold out on Saturday than it is when sold out the other nights...

They do seem to play fast & loose with the Georgia fire occupancy codes at times.
Now it's dark.

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Got online at my Mom's place in Florida (Visiting for her birthday. Stress texting madly with Uncle Rickey). Got the 4-day pass. Thrilled to death. (Or just short of it). Staying with Uncle Rickey and Cooley Girl, most excellent travelling companions, close by the 40 Watt. Gonna visit a dear, Inner-Circle Hall of Fame friend in Atlanta on the 11th & 12th, and then get a ride to Athens. (Of course thanks to Ms. Wordman, who, in the course of one of those great, deep conversations you're lucky to have with a partner, said "I get it; I know why you NEED to go: The Drive-By Truckers are your spiritual practice." My wife, she knows me...

Last year was SUCH a peak experience. To get a chance to match (or exceed) it is amazing. I can't wait to see all you Heathens, my second family...
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Hey Hey to all of my fellow heAthens & heAthenettes! I’ve been slouchy as fuck for some time now; but hopefully I am on the rebound. Got my HC tix & booked @ the Daze. I will see the boys on the boat & if my fuzzy calculations are correct, the Sat. HC show will be my 100th. Woo Hoo! Anyway, sorry I’ve been so 1/2 ass & i’ll See ya @ the shows.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Slipkid42 wrote:Hey Hey to all of my fellow heAthens & heAthenettes! I’ve been slouchy as fuck for some time now; but hopefully I am on the rebound. Got my HC tix & booked @ the Daze. I will see the boys on the boat & if my fuzzy calculations are correct, the Sat. HC show will be my 100th. Woo Hoo! Anyway, sorry I’ve been so 1/2 ass & i’ll See ya @ the shows.
See you at the Dazed, brother. :D :D :D

Clams

Post by Clams »

LBRod wrote:
Slipkid42 wrote:Hey Hey to all of my fellow heAthens & heAthenettes! I’ve been slouchy as fuck for some time now; but hopefully I am on the rebound. Got my HC tix & booked @ the Daze. I will see the boys on the boat & if my fuzzy calculations are correct, the Sat. HC show will be my 100th. Woo Hoo! Anyway, sorry I’ve been so 1/2 ass & i’ll See ya @ the shows.
See you at the Dazed, brother. :D :D :D
I'll bring an extra bottle of Jameson!
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Flea

Post by Flea »

Fuck it, I'm arriving on Tuesday this time.
Now it's dark.

phungi

Post by phungi »

Looking forward to seeing you... although your sandals, not as much...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

I still haven’t quite recovered from that last bottle of Jameson, but I do have new sandals.

th in sc

Post by th in sc »

THIRD ANNUAL HeAthens home coming beer share! Friday- Dazed inn parking lot!! Will start setting up at around 3:30 (a few folding chairs and a table).

Clams

Post by Clams »

Slipkid42 wrote:I still haven’t quite recovered from that last bottle of Jameson,
:lol:

Just remember, I didn't make you do a thing, I just let you
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Good to see ya, Slipkid! Don't be a stranger. I hope this means you're on the mend.
They're not monsters. They're not animals.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Clams wrote:
Slipkid42 wrote:I still haven’t quite recovered from that last bottle of Jameson,

Randy was taking one for the team so the rest of us could get our shirts. You remember the shirts, right?

Flea

Post by Flea »

LBRod wrote:
Clams wrote:

Randy was taking one for the team so the rest of us could get our shirts. You remember the shirts, right?

Wait, what? WTF happened to Randy???
Now it's dark.

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

LBRod wrote:
Clams wrote:

Rod doth speaketh the truth. While I was keeping Clams all occupied listening to BOC (Secret Treaties) & slurping his Jameson, the shirts were being distributed. Of course my taking it for the team meant I not only face slapped the 40 Watt floor; but also got splinters in my fingers later that night. Believe you me I was blaming Clams all the way up & down that fucking hill.

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

beantownbubba wrote:
Good to see ya, Slipkid! Don't be a stranger. I hope this means you're on the mend.
Hi bubba, I guess I’m on the mend, but my on the mend still seems like general decline anymore. Hopefully, I’ll be all peachy keen by the time HC rolls around.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I’ve been remiss

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

woollyB

Post by woollyB »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
RedCelt wrote:I had gotten on Friday afternoon, so was able to get all 3 nights. Looking forward to HeAthens Homecoming 2019!

From what I've seen, Stubhub homecoming prices come down dramatically in the last couple days if you can wait that long.

Selling out Saturday quickly -- good for them. Changing the nature and dynamics of homecoming weekend? Not even close.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Tickets - ✔
Room at the Dazed - ✔

Ladonna and I are in!
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Smitty wrote:Tickets - ✔
Room at the Dazed - ✔

Ladonna and I are in!
[Wild cheering. Camera pans to people jumping up and down, basically losing their minds with happiness].

Looking forward to picking up our conversations from last year!
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Frog Man

Post by Frog Man »

Damn looks like Friday is SOLD OUT now too. I hopped on this too late. Got my Wed/Thurs tickets though. Probably too early for this, but if anyone has an extra for Friday OR Saturday, holler. I live in Athens so I'm flexible about my plans

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Decent little article with Patterson:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/patterso ... interview/
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: Homecoming 2019: Feb 13-16 (Fri.&Sat. Sold Out)

Post by Tequila Cowboy »