Walker Theatre, Chattanooga, TN - 9/30

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Sterling Bigmouth

Walker Theatre, Chattanooga, TN - 9/30

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Setlist from tonight:

Filthy & Fried
Righteous Path
Ghost to Most
Goode’s Field Road
Sounds Better in the Song
Plastic Flowers on the Highway
Women Without Whiskey
Thoughts & Prayers (first time hearing this one)
Ramon Casiano
Lookout Mountain
First Air of Autumn
My Sweet Annette
Gravity’s Gone
Dead Drunk & Naked
Guitar Man Upstairs
Sink Hole
Shit Shots Count
Company I Keep
Love Like This
Tornadoes
Slow Ride Argument
Babies in Cages
Kinky Hypocrite
KKK Took My Baby Away
Hell No I Ain’t Happy
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

Zip Up to Michigan

Re: Walker Theatre, Chattanooga, TN - 9/30

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Nice looking setlist but damn, can Cooley not get outside of the same 20-25 songs he plays at every other show? :idea: :x

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:Nice looking setlist but damn, can Cooley not get outside of the same 20-25 songs he plays at every other show? :idea: :x
He only has like 40 songs, and it's pretty well established that about 10 of them never get played
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

Zip City wrote:
Zip Up to Michigan wrote:Nice looking setlist but damn, can Cooley not get outside of the same 20-25 songs he plays at every other show? :idea: :x
He only has like 40 songs, and it's pretty well established that about 10 of them never get played
Is it really only around 40 or so? I always thought we've heard more than that. Anybody wanna do a Cooley count? I am curious.

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Somewhere between 40-50 if I’m counting right.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Zip City wrote:
I guess I REALLY like those 10, then lol. What baffles me is he can play songs like "Self Destructive Zones," "Cottonseed," and "Carl Perkin's Cadillac" (among many others) at his solo shows but these tunes are completely lost on him at the full band shows? All the dudes in the band are professionals and amongst the best in the business, one run through of any of these tunes in sound check and they're good to go.

gepman

Post by gepman »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:
Zip City wrote:
I guess I REALLY like those 10, then lol. What baffles me is he can play songs like "Self Destructive Zones," "Cottonseed," and "Carl Perkin's Cadillac" (among many others) at his solo shows but these tunes are completely lost on him at the full band shows? All the dudes in the band are professionals and amongst the best in the business, one run through of any of these tunes in sound check and they're good to go.
Agreed. Until recently, "One Of These Days" was in this group.
You can add: "Daddy's Cup" and "Checkout Time In Vegas" to the list for me...

By my fuzzy math, I see Cooley's song count (proper LP's only) as 43 (good guess Sterling). 12 of those are off the last two releases...

Just imagine how extensive Patterson's list would be...

Ty Webb

Post by Ty Webb »

I haven't seen Daddy's Cup or Cottonseed with the full band since the first Dirt Underneath tour. Both a treat, for sure.
I'm sleeping under strange, strange skies.