Homecoming 2019 questions

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

NICO9000

Homecoming 2019 questions

Post by NICO9000 »

Hi all!
I've never been to Homecoming, so I've decided to try and make it for next year. Can anyone offer advice on when tickets usually go on sale? Also, do they generally sell three-day tix for it and are hotel rooms offered? I've never been to Athens, so i figured it'll be a good way to see a new city also. Thanks in advance!

beantownbubba

Re: Homecoming 2019 questions

Post by beantownbubba »

There was a 3 day pass offered at one time, but it has not been offered for several years.

The Marriott Courtyard used to offer a special discounted rate for homecoming but as far as I know they no longer do & I have not heard of the DBT "organization" hooking up w/ any other hotel. Even when they did work w/ the Marriott you had to make your own reservations separately, there were no "packages." When I last checked about a month ago the Courtyard had a great rate for early in the week but was charging some ridiculous amount for Fri & Sat nites ($305/nite sticks in my mind but don't quote me on that). I'm looking elsewhere.

Tix usually go on sale in November.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

NICO9000

Post by NICO9000 »

Thanks! Any idea what the dates will be next year, so I can snoop around for hotels also?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The shows should be 2/14-16. Arriving Wednesday is recommended.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

To add on to what Bubba said I would count on 2/14, 15 & 16 but until dates are official don't book somewhere where you would be out a deposit. AirBnB is a great option, as there really are a ton of properties available, but obviously requires a deposit or payment in full so if you want to go that route I would book a room with a cancellation policy at one of the hotels as a backup plan and then search for the AirBnB when the dates are announced which is usually late October, early November. I also would highly recommend coming in Wednesday. There is almost always a nice little gathering with music at Flicker and occasionally other shows as well. Also browse our Athens primer for other ideas viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3080 . Oh and for the love of all that is holy buy your tickets when they go on sale. It is a guarantee that you can always sell them and the shows sell out earlier and earlier every year.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Hotels are getting VERY tight these days.

I made a reservation for the week of the presumed dates over a month ago. Obviously don't book anything you can't cancel.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

I recently booked a 2 bedroom condo near the 40 Watt with a cancellation policy (up until 5 days before check-in). I'll lose about $50 if I have to cancel, but even if the dates change I can hopefully just move my reservation. But it's worth it, 2 bedroom condo with a full kitchen for about $350 cheaper than 4 nights at the Courtyard. And since Tracy isn't a fan of hookers and my daughter is most likely coming with us this year the Dazed is out of the question lol.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

brett27295 wrote:I recently booked a 2 bedroom condo near the 40 Watt with a cancellation policy (up until 5 days before check-in). I'll lose about $50 if I have to cancel, but even if the dates change I can hopefully just move my reservation. But it's worth it, 2 bedroom condo with a full kitchen for about $350 cheaper than 4 nights at the Courtyard. And since Tracy isn't a fan of hookers and my daughter is most likely coming with us this year the Dazed is out of the question lol.
Hookers AND blow. Don't sell it short. Who's not a fan of THAT??? :lol:
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Flea

Post by Flea »

brett27295 wrote:I recently booked a 2 bedroom condo near the 40 Watt with a cancellation policy (up until 5 days before check-in). I'll lose about $50 if I have to cancel, but even if the dates change I can hopefully just move my reservation. But it's worth it, 2 bedroom condo with a full kitchen for about $350 cheaper than 4 nights at the Courtyard. And since Tracy isn't a fan of hookers and my daughter is most likely coming with us this year the Dazed is out of the question lol.

If you want to throw down with hookers & blow, Tracy can hang with me.
Now it's dark.

NICO9000

Post by NICO9000 »

Thanks, all! looks like we're going to Athens next year!

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Flea wrote: If you want to throw down with hookers & blow, Tracy can hang with me.
You forgot to say "as long as I don't break my leg again".
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

wordmeester

Post by wordmeester »

For those looking for a place to crash, Springhill Suites opened a brandy-new all suites hotel a couple of blocks from 40 Watt with rooms running about $170 a night, less than the gouging Marriott Courtyard's weekend rate. Place opened in April of this year, so it should still have that new hotel smell by Homecoming 2019. If only Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years would hurry up and get out of the way... it'd be the most wonderful time of the year again. See you Heathens there if not sooner.