The Dimmer Twins 6/16/18

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Jonicont
Site Admin

The Dimmer Twins 6/16/18

Post by Jonicont »

Headhunter's Annual Backyard bash

Was it all a dream

Ghost to most
Town burned down
Panties in your purse
Sinkhole
English Oceans
6 O'clock Train
21st Century USA
Shit shots
Buttholeville
Primer Coat
Pauline Hawkins
Filthy and Fried
Daddy Needs a Drink
Long time ago
Birthday Boy
Two daughters
Surrender Under Protest
Forever south
Kiss my baby
Marry Me
Heathens
One of these days
Guns of Umpqua
Ramon Casiano
Zip City
Rockin' in the Free World
Always go to the show

LBRod

Re: The Dimmer Twins 6/16/18

Post by LBRod »

Jonicont wrote:Headhunter's Annual Backyard bash

Was it all a dream
Thanks to Flea it had a dream like quality. 8-)
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Holy crap that is one hell of a set. Would be nice to get a recording of this one!

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:Holy crap that is one hell of a set. Would be nice to get a recording of this one!
Or better yet, some video for us not "special people"*
* Just another reason to dislike facebook
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Swamp wrote:* Just another reason to dislike facebook
I would not feel so all alone! I don't think it's up on Facebook any more, either.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Flea

Post by Flea »

LBRod wrote:
Jonicont wrote:Headhunter's Annual Backyard bash

Was it all a dream
Thanks to Flea it had a dream like quality. 8-)
My pleasure to contribute to the zeitgeist of the moment.
Now it's dark.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Always go to the show

SteveInCTNeedsADrink

Post by SteveInCTNeedsADrink »

Holy hell Dr John! Can we do a summertime Nuci’s donation to get our hands on this gem? I lived it once but absolutely need to relive it over & over again! PLEASE, pretty please, with sugar on top, or maybe some of those “special” cookies or brownies on top, let us get our hands on a copy! Winter is waaaay too far away to wait!

Clams

Post by Clams »

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion about this show here (all the discussion is over on facebook I guess).

Anyways, what a fucking night! So grateful to the headhunters (both Mr and Mrs) for pulling this one off. More than half the 50 states were represented, plus folks from Scotland, England and Canada were present. It was a beautiful night and there were just so many friends to see and talk to, I got there around 5pm and stayed til almost 1am and still didn't get a chance to spend time with everyone I wanted to. Micah Schnabel and Shane Sweeney of Two Cow Garage played opening sets as the sun went down. Then as darkness descended, Jonicont made an epic toast followed by Patterson and Cooley taking the stage. The setlist posted above is just massive and speaks for itself. They played, sang, laughed, told stories and jokes for three fucking hours. It was an absolutely glorious and delightful evening, one that I will always remember and will never be topped.

Also big thanks to Jonicont and everyone else who worked to record this show, I cannot wait to watch and relive the whole night.

I didn't take many pics myself but here are a few that I snatched from various folks who posted them on facebook (sorry for the large sizes but I'm terrible at resizing pics ever since photobucket went down):

Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Can someone give a quick overview of what this show/event was? It wasn't on the tour itinerary that I recall, so it must be some sort of private event? Just curious about the provenance of the epic happenings described above.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Clams wrote:I'm surprised there isn't more discussion about this show here (all the discussion is over on facebook I guess).
How much discussion can there be for a private event? I'm sure the people who were there are discussing it among themselves, but for those of us on the outside looking in, there isn't much to say about it
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Zip City wrote:
Clams wrote:I'm surprised there isn't more discussion about this show here (all the discussion is over on facebook I guess).
How much discussion can there be for a private event? I'm sure the people who were there are discussing it among themselves, but for those of us on the outside looking in, there isn't much to say about it

What zip said
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

phungi

Post by phungi »

Not much I can add to what has been said, but Patterson's background story of "Daddy Needs a Drink" (I believe with his wife in the audience) was something special... I can't do it justice by way of explanation, but it was a love song from a man to his gorgeous wife, shortly after having a baby, in the context of "you might think I am attracted to you when you are all 'dolled up', but it's really when I catch you in your cleaning outfit and you don't know I am looking".

From stories of their first apartment, and how their friendship endured, to political rancor and Cooley discussing Jeff Sessions (and his evil black heart) while Patterson interrupted to welcome Sessions into the rare DBT group of Goat Fuckers, it was a night fueled by HeAthens and 7/8ths of a bottle of tequila.
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

Clams

Post by Clams »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Zip City wrote:

What zip said
Many of the people who attended are on this board.
Mundane Mayhem wrote:Can someone give a quick overview of what this show/event was? It wasn't on the tour itinerary that I recall, so it must be some sort of private event? Just curious about the provenance of the epic happenings described above.

Every summer going back about 10 years, Headhunter hosts a backyard concert at his house on Long Island. In past years he's had Isbell, P Hood (with EZB and Brad), Ben Nichols, Willie Nile, among others. This year was the Dimmer Twins.

RMD

Post by RMD »

Sweet! A little jealous. What a setlist!!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Always go to the show

Direwolfpdx

Post by Direwolfpdx »

Indeed! Thanks for posting, sound is perfect.

My Saturday listening is now taken care of.

headhunter

Post by headhunter »

Hey ya'll. It took me quite a while to recover. Lesson learned-- never try to keep up with Cooley while drinking tequila and avoid edibles after making any such attempt. Glad to have the awesome audio to listen to as so much of the night became a blur - or - was it all a crazy dream.

For anyone interested, I have a handful of Wes Freed posters left (see Clams post above) signed by PH & Cooley. ALL proceeds go to Nuci's. $20 each. If interested pm me.

Big love to all of you HeAthens who were here.

gepman

Post by gepman »

Thanks, Doc!

pearlysnaps

Post by pearlysnaps »

Thanks doc and headhunter! Man, what a night!

Clams

Post by Clams »

LagoonField

Post by LagoonField »

Thanks for the recording and videos Jonicont!! They turned out nice. Even Annie liked it, and she is never much on listening to all the DBT live recordings I have collected over the years. So a thumbs up, coming from Ms. LagoonField, is high praise. Thanks again for thinking of us and putting it all together. We are really enjoying it. Have a fun Summer.

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Clams wrote:
Best thing I have seen on the internet in awhile.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

RolanK wrote:
Clams wrote:
The good doctor nailed what's so great about this community and that those wonderful qualities come straight from the top. Could not have possibly been more perfect. Nickelback was like the maraschino cherry on top :lol:
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
RolanK wrote:
Clams wrote:
The good doctor nailed what's so great about this community and that those wonderful qualities come straight from the top. Could not have possibly been more perfect. Nickelback was like the maraschino cherry on top :lol:
BINGO.