DBT - Richmond 9/8

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

WarHenRecords

DBT - Richmond 9/8

Post by WarHenRecords »

Brown's Island for the Stone Brewing "Stone's Throwdown in RVA"

DBT
Futurebirds
Antibalas
No BS! Brass Band
Spooky Cool
Kenneka Cook

This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords

Flea

Re: DBT - Richmond 9/8

Post by Flea »

In!
Now it's dark.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Saturday in Richmond, outside, in September....uh.....um.....in!

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

If I still lived in VA, I'd really enjoy this! I really like the Futurebirds' sound!

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

LagoonField

Post by LagoonField »

Count the Lagoon Field and Ms. Lagoon Field in, along with my crew of our Non Heathen friends in....may have to have a couple Heathen conversions (a little dunk in the James River) hard by the Altar of The Rock Show at evenings end, with Revs. Hood and Cooley presiding.

We saw DBT on Brown's Island back a number of years ago for a Friday Cheers. It was a great set up, beautiful location, lots of fun.. The stage was facing West as the sun went low in the sky and the whole band came out in sunglasses for the first part of the show. I think I have a couple of good pictures if I can dig them out.

Having Trucker tickets in hand gives me hope...... (I was empty handed after Charlottesville, with Homecoming 2019 on my wish list), so this makes me happy.

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Saturday.
Weather is supposed to be shit.
On the fence... Not sure I want to stand on Brown's Island for like 7 hours in the rain.

1:30 - 2:10pm Kenneka Cook
2:30 - 3:15pm Spooky Cool
3:35 - 4:35pm Futurebirds
5:05 - 6:05pm Antibalas
6:30 - 7:30pm NO BS! BRASS
8:00 - 10:00pm Drive-By Truckers

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

WarHenRecords wrote:Saturday.
Weather is supposed to be shit.
On the fence... Not sure I want to stand on Brown's Island for like 7 hours in the rain.
I hear you, man. On the other hand, just look at that line-up. You could get there at five and still be getting a deal.
WarHenRecords wrote: 1:30 - 2:10pm Kenneka Cook
2:30 - 3:15pm Spooky Cool
3:35 - 4:35pm Futurebirds
5:05 - 6:05pm Antibalas
6:30 - 7:30pm NO BS! BRASS
8:00 - 10:00pm Drive-By Truckers
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

I rallied. Weather held.
Really fun day.
Got there right before Futurebirds and stayed through the end.
Pretty standard DBT set, but it was nice to finally hear some of the new songs - Slow Ride Argument, Babies in Cages
Tornadoes opener, which I'll always take.

LagoonField

Post by LagoonField »

Stone Brewery Throw down, September 8th, 2018.

Great day and the weather held off. Brown's Island is fun, cheap tickets, great food and Stone Beer.

Great line up of bands all day long

Patterson opened with Tornadoes, in honor of our recent Tornadoes in Virginia. We were blown away!! And a train came by on the elevated tracks over Brown's Island, earlier in the day, so it "Sounded like a train...."

25th show in the books on a high note. For a few minutes back in April when our tornado touched down here in Lynchburg, I was not so sure I would make my 25th show.... It is great to be alive.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

LagoonField wrote:Count the Lagoon Field and Ms. Lagoon Field in, along with my crew of our Non Heathen friends in....may have to have a couple Heathen conversions (a little dunk in the James River) hard by the Altar of The Rock Show at evenings end, with Revs. Hood and Cooley presiding.

We saw DBT on Brown's Island back a number of years ago for a Friday Cheers. It was a great set up, beautiful location, lots of fun.. The stage was facing West as the sun went low in the sky and the whole band came out in sunglasses for the first part of the show. I think I have a couple of good pictures if I can dig them out.

Having Trucker tickets in hand gives me hope...... (I was empty handed after Charlottesville, with Homecoming 2019 on my wish list), so this makes me happy.
I think I was still living in Virginia then and attended that Friday Cheers. I remember the sun. I think the band may have been touring behind Go Go Boots. I feel like I can remember the Go go boots cover on Brad’s drum.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Beaverdam wrote:
LagoonField wrote:Count the Lagoon Field and Ms. Lagoon Field in, along with my crew of our Non Heathen friends in....may have to have a couple Heathen conversions (a little dunk in the James River) hard by the Altar of The Rock Show at evenings end, with Revs. Hood and Cooley presiding.

I think I was still living in Virginia then and attended that Friday Cheers. I remember the sun. I think the band may have been touring behind Go Go Boots. I feel like I can remember the Go go boots cover on Brad’s drum.
Correct on all counts. It was in June, and hot as Satan's taint.
Now it's dark.

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

I love the vibe down on Brown's Island but man. ZERO shade anywhere. Can be brutal.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Always go to the show

gepman

Post by gepman »

Thanks for sharing!

WarHenRecords