Look who's headlining the 2019 Outlaw Country Cruise

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: Look who's headlining the 2019 Outlaw Country Cruise

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

That's an outrageous lineup. For us it would require giving up Homecoming though and that's probably way too difficult a decision to make.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:That's an outrageous lineup. For us it would require giving up Homecoming though and that's probably way too difficult a decision to make.
My thoughts exactly. Poor timing, but that'd be enough to get me on a boat, even if I've never been much for the cruise thing.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

No idea if I'd actually go on the cruise, I just think it's really cool that the Drive By Truckers top a bill loaded w/ that much talent.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:No idea if I'd actually go on the cruise, I just think it's really cool that the Drive By Truckers top a bill loaded w/ that much talent.
Yep. I could easily justify my way into us going but that's a lot of time off at the beginning of the year when I'm trying to get a nice jumpstart on my sales for the year.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

phungi

Post by phungi »

Can't imagine what it would cost for someone to live stream this one...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Damn fine lineup. I'm not much on cruise ships, but this could be tolerable.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I absolutely love cruising (just booked one for June) but don't have a family who shares my love for this particular music genre
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Zip City wrote:I absolutely love cruising (just booked one for June) but don't have a family who shares my love for this particular music genre
What about your 3DD family? Geez. Thanks alot, Zip.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

pearlbeer wrote:
Zip City wrote:I absolutely love cruising (just booked one for June) but don't have a family who shares my love for this particular music genre
What about your 3DD family? Geez. Thanks alot, Zip.
You means all the ones who say they hate cruising? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Throw that 2019 rock show budget right out the window.
Dave

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

We did the first 3 Skynyrd cruises and had the time of our lives. We booked a 2007 jam cruise that DBT was spose to be on but they cancelled. Luckily the people running the thing let us transfer to the "Gimme 3 Days" cruise. I would highly recomend this to everybody! Hopfully they'll mix in some solo shows.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

beantownbubba wrote:No idea if I'd actually go on the cruise, I just think it's really cool that the Drive By Truckers top a bill loaded w/ that much talent.
My sentiments exactly. They are obviously the headliners. Really cool.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

Clams

Post by Clams »

Being on a ship at sea with about 5,000 passengers and crew might be my worst nightmare. Not even that stellar lineup could get me on that boat. Pass!!
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Flea

Post by Flea »

Did the cruise vacation once; would have been nice, but WAY TOO MANY UNSUPERVISED KIDS! If (and that is a huge "if") I ever go again, it will be on an excursion catering towards the LGBT community. That would be more fun than a boatload of old white people with sticks up their asses anyway.
Now it's dark.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Cruises sound terrible to me, but holy fuck is that one hell of a line up.

ledward2

Post by ledward2 »

Call me crazy, but I actually enjoy cruises. And what a lineup!

Anybody got any insight into what such a cruise might look like? Will, for example, I get to see PH in a Speedo? Will Jay be working on his belly flops? Will MC turn to karaoke, hanging his wishes upon disregarded stars?

On a serious note, my main question and concern is regarding set lengths. For a real Rock Show, and assuming the other acts perform something similar (as if that's possible!), I would consider the cruise. But if the headliners are going to play abbreviated sets then I would feel slighted.

PS - I saw Shooter Jennings live last weekend and he put on a really good show.
"Living in fear's just another way of dying before your time."

OldCloverdale

Post by OldCloverdale »

I've never been on a cruise but am seriously considering this one.
Also, I suppose many people would leave kids at home for this one. I can't imagine taking a child to any Outlaw Country event! :lol:

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

ledward2 wrote: On a serious note, my main question and concern is regarding set lengths. For a real Rock Show, and assuming the other acts perform something similar (as if that's possible!), I would consider the cruise. But if the headliners are going to play abbreviated sets then I would feel slighted.
Ditto. They advertise that the acts all play "multiple shows," but what does that mean? I'm 98% sure Homecoming will take precedence anyway, but the answer to that question could force that number to 100% in a hurry.

Was poking around to see if they actually published a schedule in previous years. Didn't find it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist somewhere.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Was poking around to see if they actually published a schedule in previous years. Didn't find it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist somewhere.
Update: I sent them a message asking to see previous schedule(s) for reference. I'll let everyone know what I find out.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

Never been on a cruise but seriously considering this. Unsurpervised kids can be annoying for sure.
Having said that, I’d probably bring my kid who’ll be eleven next year. She’s my favorite traveling and show partner because well, she’s awesome, and she was practically raised on this line up and loves it all. And I started feeling bad for
going to shows without her so I started bringing her when I can.
This line up man——RecklessKelly is great live and were a gateway to DBT for me.
Both Bares—— wow. Heybale——— wow. etc etc
And how cool that our boys get top billing on such a monster lineup.
The only glaring omission seems to be McMurtry though he could be a late addition I guess. Although I couldn’t really imagine him on a cruise.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Update: I sent them a message asking to see previous schedule(s) for reference. I'll let everyone know what I find out.
Customer Service wrote:Unfortunately I do not have access to an old schedule to share with you but I can definitely try and give you an idea! Typically our busiest days are our "sea days" where we do not stop at a port. They are packed full of shows, activities, etc. usually from about 11AM-past midnight! We have about 5 different venues that allow us to spread out shows and do some counter-programming so that everyone is able to see each artist they would like to see at least once. We also work intentionally to put each artist in the venue that we think will be the right fit for their show. Sets are typically an hour and 15 minutes each, but this can vary especially if it is a collaboration set. I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Typically each artist (including headliners) play 2-3 shows throughout the cruise.

ledward2

Post by ledward2 »

Customer Service wrote:Unfortunately I do not have access to an old schedule to share with you but I can definitely try and give you an idea! Typically our busiest days are our "sea days" where we do not stop at a port. They are packed full of shows, activities, etc. usually from about 11AM-past midnight! We have about 5 different venues that allow us to spread out shows and do some counter-programming so that everyone is able to see each artist they would like to see at least once. We also work intentionally to put each artist in the venue that we think will be the right fit for their show. Sets are typically an hour and 15 minutes each, but this can vary especially if it is a collaboration set. I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Typically each artist (including headliners) play 2-3 shows throughout the cruise.
[/quote]

Thanks for your persistence, and for sharing the info. Please continue to share more when/if you learn more. I plan on contacting them myself with some other questions, so I will do the same.

2 or 3 shows??? That makes this even more enticing. I would, of course, forsake all other performers and go see DBT every time they play.
"Living in fear's just another way of dying before your time."

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Hmmm. Stuck on a boat with 2500 folks who have a booze package
Always go to the show

B-rad G

Post by B-rad G »

Jonicont wrote:Hmmm. Stuck on a boat with 2500 folks who have a booze package
And that's just the musicians.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Homecoming on steroids. And the ocean.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

phungi

Post by phungi »

LBRod wrote:
I think I would need to live up to my screen name to get through this one...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

LBRod wrote:
Seasick - yet still docked.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I want to hear some of your cruise stories, because I've been on 10 of them and have never had a bad time

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Zip City wrote:I want to hear some of your cruise stories, because I've been on 10 of them and have never had a bad time
I just like space to roam when I travel. I like to go to a place and check out its culture, learn about it, meet the locals, etc. I'm also into the outdoors and like to hike, bike, canoe, etc.

A cruise just puts a bunch of man made amenities out in the ocean, and the focus is so much more on passive entertainment that you have less choice in then you would otherwise. And you can't just take off if you want.

I don't like beach vacations all that much either for similar reasons. I would personally be open to a 2-3 day cruise just to see how it actually was, but that's the maximum.