Woodstock, NY (The Colony)

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

glennrwordman

Re: Woodstock, NY (The Colony)

Post by glennrwordman »

misterbrow wrote:...Thinking acoustic and small venue my brother decided to bring along my 11 year-old nephew for his first concert. As the story goes when he was in second grade they had an assignment in school where they made a poster and one of the questions was favorite song. His classmates went with stuff like Bruno Mars and he listed "Ghost to Most" by the Drive By Truckers. ...
Officially now the coolest 11-year old in his zip (city) code. (And we share a favorite song. I was NOT as cool at 11).
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

Flea

Post by Flea »

SteveInCTNeedsADrink wrote:So the full horse farm drunk story for everybody is available on here from the Schneider’s amazing backyard Dimmer Twins party. After downloading the show & cranking it along with some drinks I was a little house porch bar drunk & figured I just absolutely had to have that on a t-shirt. From what I’m guessing they were just joking about naming the new album that & I would never be able to own a shirt like that. So did some internet searching & found a site to design your own shirt & actually made a pretty damn good one. The kicker is that next summer we’re actually moving to a goddamn horse farm in SC! I’ve been drunk there a pretty good number of times already & there will be many more times upcoming in the future! So I just had to have a damn shirt like that. Patterson mentioned it & Cooleygirl threw me up at the stage & I mumbled something but don’t even know what words came out cause I was pretty baked at the time. (We had to smoke one for Levon in the cemetery pre-show) Anyways I was asked by a shit ton of people about the shirt & that’s the story. There’s none for sale & it’s just something as a fan of the band I drunkenly created for myself. They are my favorite band of all time & I just had to have a Horse Farm Drunk shirt as part of the inside joke. Unless of course they really do name the new album that!
Now it's dark.

Flea

Post by Flea »

SteveInCTNeedsADrink wrote:So the full horse farm drunk story for everybody is available on here from the Schneider’s amazing backyard Dimmer Twins party. After downloading the show & cranking it along with some drinks I was a little house porch bar drunk & figured I just absolutely had to have that on a t-shirt. From what I’m guessing they were just joking about naming the new album that & I would never be able to own a shirt like that. So did some internet searching & found a site to design your own shirt & actually made a pretty damn good one. The kicker is that next summer we’re actually moving to a goddamn horse farm in SC! I’ve been drunk there a pretty good number of times already & there will be many more times upcoming in the future! So I just had to have a damn shirt like that. Patterson mentioned it & Cooleygirl threw me up at the stage & I mumbled something but don’t even know what words came out cause I was pretty baked at the time. (We had to smoke one for Levon in the cemetery pre-show) Anyways I was asked by a shit ton of people about the shirt & that’s the story. There’s none for sale & it’s just something as a fan of the band I drunkenly created for myself. They are my favorite band of all time & I just had to have a Horse Farm Drunk shirt as part of the inside joke. Unless of course they really do name the new album that!

That's a Nuci's auction item.
Now it's dark.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

glennrwordman wrote:
This was a shockingly (shouldn't be shocked anymore) superb show.

A few notes and thoughts...I'll start at the back. EZ B. Playing “unplugged” really reveals how incredibly critical Brad is to the DBT sound. Even with one snare, kick, hi-hat, and ride, there was still both a sense of power (“Marry Me”, “Sink Hole”, “Grand Canyon”, “Surrender Under Protest”), and lightness and touch (“The Opening Act”, “Sounds Better in the Song” and many others).
Didn't want to quote the whole thing but hey Wordman - this is one of the best posts I have read on this site in a while. Made me feel like being there. Thanks for your thoughts.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

Jcnowak55

Post by Jcnowak55 »

https://youtu.be/c0J106WRQm4 found this on youtube of ronnie and neil looks like it was a great show wish I could have been there!!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Here you go. Thanks to Big Tom for the recording

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8lm8z1x6u1k1 ... K.zip?dl=0
Always go to the show

roland

Post by roland »

Jonicont wrote:Here you go. Thanks to Big Tom for the recording

Thank you, SIR! I got to see a 1/2 & 1/2 Dirt Underneath show in Asheville on the tour, but- tighter band, new songs, great recording... Thankyou!

gepman

Post by gepman »

Jonicont wrote:Here you go. Thanks to Big Tom for the recording

Thanks again, John!

guitarmanmcs

Post by guitarmanmcs »

Thank you for the recording!

Yaz Rock

Post by Yaz Rock »

Thanks for the tape! Sounds great.

Fantastic show in a very small and great old building. I hope for an encore presentation some day, but this one will remain memorable for a long time. I didn't make a full day of it in town but my friends and I got dinner beforehand, at Joshua's. Woodstock seemed surprisingly not busy and some stores were closed. I guess everyone was back to the grind and not extending the holiday.

I didn't catch it at the time but I heard Patterson say on the tape that he got the idea for 21st Century USA when the band stopped in Gillette, Wyoming earlier this year. Heh, I did indeed pass through Gillete on my eclipse trip last August. Cool to have that connection I guess, though I don't think I noticed in particular the Oasis Tans billboard sign that inspired him. I dig that song and Thoughts and Prayers. Babies in Cages hasn't stuck with me yet but I like the guitar fills throughout.

Besides the new songs, songs I heard for the first time, full-band, include The Deeper In, Panties in Your Purse (which I've really wanted to hear for some time now), The Opening Act, Bulldozers and Dirt, and maybe one or two others. My friend thought Ronnie and Neil was the highlight of the show and he thought he caught the band acknowledging as much after the song ended.

A few shots:

Full set of pics here

SteveInCTNeedsADrink

Post by SteveInCTNeedsADrink »

Big thanks to BigTom for such a kickass recording! Also big thanks to the band for allowing the taping of their shows for all of us hard cores that get a download of almost every show we attend! Got this sucker cranking sipping some sweet tea vodka on a hot summer day & bringing me right back to such an amazing night!

misterbrow

Post by misterbrow »

I went for a virtual walk past the Oasis Tans:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Oasis ... 05.4912473