Brent Best Solo Record Update - 8/23/10

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

sfbamaAAW

Brent Best Solo Record Update - 8/23/10

Post by sfbamaAAW »

Y'all. I believe we posted this on 9B in the DBT forum even though it was off topic. Gonna post here again and if the modes need to move to other artists, then please do.

Here's an updated on Brent's solo record:

http://slobberbone.com/news.html

'Ellow Kitties!: nkay, whew... been a while. Hear ye, hear ye, I be engineering this missive on behalf of all ye who have participated or may still want to participate in the "I Want the Damn Solo Rekkerd Brent Best be Makin' For Those Who Want It Before He Go Make a Slobberbone Rekkerd With The Band" project. Lemme begin with two things:

1.) Yer responses have been overwhelming and endearing. The no-questions-asked-hell-yeah-do-it nature of your contributions are only eclipsed in the encouragement department by the letters and messages you all have sent along as well. Seriously, I could probably recreate an oral history of my time on the road with the vivid reminders of single nights long past and places buried deep and foggy in my slowly calcifying memory bank by simply stringing all the accounts of your letters together (and some of you sent photos!). From the deepest of my deep-down thankee place, I thank you all.

2.) A very small few of you seem to maybe not understand that this project will essentially be a solo record, meant to be done efficiently and whisked off in the mail only to you guys BEFORE I reconvene later with the boys to begin work on a S'bone record, which will be done completely differently. If this is the case for any of you who have already contributed and you wish not to be a' contributin' anymore and would rather just wait for the band's record, please lemme know, (brentdbest@yahoo.com), and I will refund yer monies no problem.

Now then, to the task at hand. First lemme apologize for the information blackout that probably seemed to take place for some of you the last couple of months regarding this project. Sure as shit when I finally put my head to something other events far from my radar scoop in and intervene but as my 30's dwindle down to their last few days I realize that these sorta conundrumal situations and phenomena are pert'near universal to this life. The short run-down: I got hitched(!!), lost a dear loved one, and have spent the last couple of months trying to successfully navigate the choppy waters of maintaining two households, which is ridiculous as I never could really maintain one worth a shit. Lemme just say that I know why rich folk with multiple household properties employ "staff". And I'd bet a cool hundy that their, ahem, "country homes", don't suffer from the same sort of 'domesticity v nature' maladies that my shack in the woods buzzes with. Snakes in the toilet, man! Snakes in the toilet!!! Let's just say that I'm finally feeling the tug back to the big city life of Denton proper again and the fact that my wife has a clean, air-conditioned, relatively snake-free toilet there doesn't hurt.

Okay, now REALLY to the task at hand: I feel the need to let you all know that the CONTRIBUTION PHASE IS COMING TO AN END. I meant to end it at the end of July but so many have continued to inquire as to if it was still available I decided to let it run one more month, but as of now, it will end on September 1. Whilst I wouldn't completely flinch at the notion of continuing to sit back and collect yer hard earned currencies while pondering how the hell a snake actually gets into the pipes, the time is now to move forward and begin the actual recording of said project. Far more daunting, however, is first compiling the master list of all contributors to be re-published for you guys so's you can check your name and order against it, which I will begin doing on the 1st and will post soon after. After this, you can also expect some demos and whatnot, followed by some in-studio assgrabbery, followed by the record, mailed to your doorstep.

Okay then, once more, Thankee Thankee! I look forward to "gettin' r' dunn". If'n you got any questions, feel free to shoot 'em to the old brentdbest@yahoo.com addy. Hope all is well and we love ya.

Brent David Best, Esq. (not really)