Philly Saturday 3/31

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

Philly Saturday 3/31

Post by Clams »

Hometown Saturday night rock show.

The last time DBT played Philly was the day after Trump won. It was cold and pouring rain and it was an utterly miserable day in pretty much every respect. Apropos to the moment, the show was fierce. Here's your proof:

So now they're coming back to Union Transfer on a Saturday night following two sure to be stellar nights at the Brooklyn Bowl. I predict more ferocity.

Like last time, preshow will be around the corner at Prohibition Taproom. http://prohibitiontaproom.com/

Can't wait.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

glennrwordman

Re: Philly Saturday 3/31

Post by glennrwordman »

In.

Is anyone definitely driving BACK to NYC after the show, with whom I can catch a ride? Regrettably, I have an unbreakable commitment in NYC at noon the next day. My ugly options are:
New Jersey Transit, 11:44 PM (certainly miss a good portion of the show);
5:44 AM ("stay" with a friend in Philly--in other words, crawl in and out of their place, and not see them at all!)

Or Amtrak at 12:10 AM.

I can travel cargo, if need be, or strapped to the hood. (Will certainly share driving/pay for gas/etc.) Would of course prefer to be IN the car...

G
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

A hometown show for another friend, Craig Nagy, is extra special, it is his birthday the day of the Philly show. If you know him, buy him a beer! If not, I'll point him out to you and you can wish him well.
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

This'll be a fun one. We have a room relatively near the venue, so will be glad to partake of any pre- or post-gaming. :)

PSA: I have a few 4-packs of Chester Goddamnit left over. If anybody wants to try it and have a Wes Freed beer can memento, just holler and I'll bring some down.

pa_heathen

Post by pa_heathen »

In! I'll certainly take some of that Chester brew off your hands UR.

We'll be able to make it in for pre-gaming and I have a driver for any post game. I believe we should all show Craig a good time with a post game celebration.
When the lights came up we all went home but never quite the same.

Clams

Post by Clams »

I have an extra ticket for tonight, if anyone wants it let me know.

See y'all at Prohibition Taproom.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Clams wrote:I have an extra ticket for tonight, if anyone wants it let me know.

See y'all at Prohibition Taproom.
Oh, if I had seen this post 8 hours ago...
Now it's dark.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Live now. Vwmule on mixlrx (download the app)
Always go to the show

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

The Guns of Umpqua
A Ghost to Most
The Living Bubba
Panties in Your Purse
Why Henry Drinks
Women Without Whiskey
Southern Accents—>
Ever South
72 (This Highway’s Mean)
Days of Graduation
Ronnie and Neil
Made Up English Oceans
The Perilous Night
Where the Devil Don’t Stay
Lookout Mountain
When the Pin Hits the Shell
Do It Yourself
Gravity’s Gone
Tales Facing Up
Filthy and Fried
The Righteous Path
Ramon Casiano
What It Means
3 Dimes Down
The KKK Took My Baby Away
Hell No, I Ain’t Happy—>
Sign ‘o’ The Times—>
Hell No, I Ain’t Happy

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Not sure what was going on, but last night’s seemed pretty special.

gepman

Post by gepman »

Gang Green wrote:Not sure what was going on, but last night’s seemed pretty special.
Agreed. Band was on fire. Crowd was great too, I think they fed off of that.

Perfect venue for them. Union Transfer has a pretty good track record with the two DBT shows there, thus far.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Damn! And Clams had an extra ticket :(
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

phungi

Post by phungi »

Great to see many familiar faces, and share 135 minutes of intensity. Just an amazingly paced setlist, with DEEP jams on most songs. Only a few minor attempts to slow things down (Panties in Your Purse, What It Means) which lasted one song. The 3-song mini SRO built to a 40-Watt Type crescendo when they got to Ronnie and Neil.

They appear to really like playing this venue, and the sound was great.
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

I listened to the stream through my home system, sounded great. Thanks for all that made that possible. I was a little disappointed when they went into "Hell No" because they were on fire and I didn't want it to end!
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Yeah. That stream was A+
Always go to the show

Clams

Post by Clams »

Nothing like a hometown Saturday night rock show in a great venue. Everything was off the charts. The band, the crowd, the energy, the sound, the set list, all of it was just top notch. Even had a few old timers coming out of the woodwork - Prof, Scratch, gang green and son, etc. A fantastic night of rock and roll and friends. Thank you DBT and crew!!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Clams wrote:Nothing like a hometown Saturday night rock show in a great venue. Everything was off the charts. The band, the crowd, the energy, the sound, the set list, all of it was just top notch. Even had a few old timers coming out of the woodwork - Prof, Scratch, gang green and son, etc. A fantastic night of rock and roll and friends. Thank you DBT and crew!!
And it was all your fault. I heard him say it
Always go to the show

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Clams wrote:Nothing like a hometown Saturday night rock show in a great venue. Everything was off the charts. The band, the crowd, the energy, the sound, the set list, all of it was just top notch. Even had a few old timers coming out of the woodwork - Prof, Scratch, gang green and son, etc. A fantastic night of rock and roll and friends. Thank you DBT and crew!!
And it was all your fault. I heard him say it
Always go to the show

nutfat

Post by nutfat »

This band refuses to dissapoint.. They have officially hit maximum level.. Playing is phenomenal,, Cooley and Patterson have really become amazing players..The young guns have lit a fire and I love it!! Jays layers have added so much to the sound and the low end is as good as it gets.. Special Night!! Thanks Clams for the request and showing the boys Brotherly love..Great To Be Alive!!

vwmule

Post by vwmule »

captdooley

Post by captdooley »

Not as diehard as most of you but last night was my 22nd show. Thank you Clams for requesting tales facing up. Been chasing it for 21 shows, made my night!! God I love this band!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

captdooley wrote:Not as diehard as most of you but last night was my 22nd show. Thank you Clams for requesting tales facing up. Been chasing it for 21 shows, made my night!! God I love this band!
22 shows makes anyone a diehard. I hope nobody out there is intimidated from participating here from some perceived lack of commitment or expertise even if you've "only" been to 1 show (or are still hoping to get to your first).
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

beantownbubba wrote:
captdooley wrote:Not as diehard as most of you but last night was my 22nd show. Thank you Clams for requesting tales facing up. Been chasing it for 21 shows, made my night!! God I love this band!
22 shows makes anyone a diehard. I hope nobody out there is intimidated from participating here from some perceived lack of commitment or expertise even if you've "only" been to 1 show (or are still hoping to get to your first).
Agreed. We don't need (or want) a "leaderboard" for concert attendance here. Go when you can
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Zip City wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
Agreed. We don't need (or want) a "leaderboard" for concert attendance here. Go when you can
Friendly amendment:

Always go when you can. :)
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

captdooley

Post by captdooley »

I apologize, I didn't mean for it to come across in an intimidating way. I do see your point. I was just ecstatic they played my most sought after, favorite DBT song that had eluded me since 2006. Now that the Eagles have won a Super bowl, all I need is to see DBT play Buford Stick and I can die happy!

Clams

Post by Clams »

Listening to the excellent stream of this show and one of my favorite moments of the entire night was Patterson's 20-second mini rant on Ted Nugent right after Tales Facing Up. Amazing that he was so well prepared and fired up for what was essentially just a comeback to a random shout out from someone in the crowd. Also, Cooley punctuating Ramon Casiano with an emphatic "Fuck the NRA!" Great stuff.