Wilmington, NC Saturday 3/24/18

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

brett27295

Wilmington, NC Saturday 3/24/18

Post by brett27295 »

Just saw this show sold out, I don't think any of their previous gigs at the Greenfield Lake Amphitheater have sold out.

Who's in for this?
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Hud

Re: Wilmington, NC Saturday 3/24/18

Post by Hud »

I know 2 previous years sold out (because I had friends that didn't get in), maybe more, seems they don't seem out until close to show date.
Can't wait!
I've seen my future and I'm scared to close my eyes

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Hud wrote:I know 2 previous years sold out (because I had friends that didn't get in), maybe more, seems they don't seem out until close to show date.
Can't wait!
Wow, I didn't realize that. I was at one of those, the Sept 2014 show, and I didn't know (or had forgotten) that it was sold out.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

This show is going to be colder than balls.

HIGH of 54° and overcast.

Hud

Post by Hud »

2010 , was a VERY cold night in Wilmington

Hell of an opener, back when Cooley smoked on guitar and cigarette , Neff smoking on steel guitar.

https://youtu.be/X7eIjAyRjDs

Hud

Post by Hud »

In need of an extra ticket

Hud

Post by Hud »

In need of an extra ticket

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Tyler wrote:This show is going to be colder than balls.

HIGH of 54° and overcast.
March in NC is a strange time for an outdoor show. It can be 75 and gorgeous, or 35 and freezing, or anywhere in between. Nonetheless we'll be there...though we might be wearing mittens :lol:

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

NOT looking good. Currently 90% chance of rain saturday eve, with possible thunderstorms - and again, temps in the low 50s/mid 40s.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Tyler wrote:NOT looking good. Currently 90% chance of rain saturday eve, with possible thunderstorms - and again, temps in the low 50s/mid 40s.
Absolutely totally sucks. If they postpone this near showtime I'm going to be fucked. I need 24 hours notice to cancel the hotel. The promoter posted on Facebook that it's rain or shine so I expect the show to go on. The fact that you can't take umbrellas into the venue means everyone that shows up will get soaked and possibly freeze to death.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Best case would probably be to move it to the Muse (former Ziggys) that's probably a bit smaller capacity though.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Clams

Post by Clams »

brett27295 wrote:
Tyler wrote:NOT looking good. Currently 90% chance of rain saturday eve, with possible thunderstorms - and again, temps in the low 50s/mid 40s.
Absolutely totally sucks. If they postpone this near showtime I'm going to be fucked. I need 24 hours notice to cancel the hotel. The promoter posted on Facebook that it's rain or shine so I expect the show to go on. The fact that you can't take umbrellas into the venue means everyone that shows up will get soaked and possibly freeze to death.
Quit whining and man up, brett. Neoprene bootfoot waders over a pair of long johns plus a goretex jacket and a ski hat and you'll be toasty warm, bone dry and ready to rock. Weather will be beautiful in Philly next weekend, btw.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Flea

Post by Flea »

Clams wrote:
brett27295 wrote:
Quit whining and man up, brett. Neoprene bootfoot waders over a pair of long johns plus a goretex jacket and a ski hat and you'll be toasty warm, bone dry and ready to rock. Weather will be beautiful in Philly next weekend, btw.
Cmon, man! You're talking to the guy who left Homecoming because he had a runny nose.
Now it's dark.

Hud

Post by Hud »

I’ll be breaking out the scotch guard tomorrow...the forecast has been changing daily, can’t wait, rain or shine

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Flea wrote: Cmon, man! You're talking to the guy who left Homecoming because he had a runny nose.
Coming from the guy who missed Homecoming because he tripped over his dog. You still using the walker? They going to allow that at the NorVa?
Last edited by brett27295 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Hud wrote:the forecast has been changing daily, can’t wait, rain or shine
It has. And it keeps getting worse. Latest forecast as of 5 minutes ago is 100% chance of rain from early evening which should amount to a 0.5" of rain.

Clams

Post by Clams »

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

For what it's worth my worry isn't the rain itself, it's the fact it might get postponed or we'll get a much shortened set due to the weather.

Flea

Post by Flea »

brett27295 wrote:
Flea wrote: Cmon, man! You're talking to the guy who left Homecoming because he had a runny nose.
Coming from the guy who missed Homecoming because he tripped over his dog. You still using the walker? They going to allow that at the NorVa?
I've arranged to have my wheelchair onstage beside Cooley. Hopefully that will be out of range from your snot rockets.
Now it's dark.

Hud

Post by Hud »

brett27295 wrote:
It has. And it keeps getting worse. Latest forecast as of 5 minutes ago is 100% chance of rain from early evening which should amount to a 0.5" of rain.
add temps in the 40's....I'm starting to realize that liquid courage will be necessary, should be able to get it in with all the crap I'll have on.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Hud wrote:
brett27295 wrote:
add temps in the 40's....I'm starting to realize that liquid courage will be necessary, should be able to get it in with all the crap I'll have on.
If I had to choose, I'd be hanging with Hud. He's got the positive karma. Too much negativity (not to mention rain and wind and cold) swirling around Brett.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Clams wrote:
If I had to choose, I'd be hanging with Hud. He's got the positive karma. Too much negativity (not to mention rain and wind and cold) swirling around Brett.
You know me, Captain Negativity.

Hud

Post by Hud »

... a little info

- there are 2 Irish Pubs within walking distance. Dubliner (haven't been there so I don't know about food) and The Harp (good food)

Best Seafood, not real close by but worth the drive, is Fish Bites on Carolina Beach Road, small place, go early or there will be a line. Has fresh local seafood.

K-38 Baha mex is excellent too, not close by, but what else are you going to do if it's raining....go to the aquarium?

All kinds of drink and food downtown, as well as brew pubs...downtown would be great if you had a lot of time to kill

Clams

Post by Clams »

Hud wrote:... a little info

- there are 2 Irish Pubs within walking distance. Dubliner (haven't been there so I don't know about food) and The Harp (good food)

Best Seafood, not real close by but worth the drive, is Fish Bites on Carolina Beach Road, small place, go early or there will be a line. Has fresh local seafood.

K-38 Baha mex is excellent too, not close by, but what else are you going to do if it's raining....go to the aquarium?

All kinds of drink and food downtown, as well as brew pubs...downtown would be great if you had a lot of time to kill
See what I mean? I'm with Hud over Capt. Negativity any day of the week.

RedCelt

Post by RedCelt »

I've got 2 tickets to Saturday's show that unfortunately we won't be able to use and I'd like someone to be able to use them. Not looking to sell them, I'm giving them away, just want to see them get used. I PM'd HUD, who had mentioned the other day that they needed a ticket. I didn't get a response there, so hoping they or someone else who needs a ticket or two will see this.

We are bummed that we can't make it, has noting to do with the weather forecast, my wife had a death in the family and we need to take care of things on that front this weekend.

PM me or reply here and we can coordinate getting them to you.

Update: HUD contacted me and he's got the tickets. Glad that they can be of use and someone gets to see The Rock Show tomorrow night, that otherwise wouldn't have been able to see it.
Last edited by RedCelt on Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- RedCelt

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Clams wrote: See what I mean? I'm with Hud over Capt. Negativity any day of the week.
Boy that really breaks my heart :roll:

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Hud wrote:... a little info

But Britt's Doughnuts won't be open yet which (almost) ruins a 2 hour drive down.

Hud

Post by Hud »

RedCelt wrote:I've got 2 tickets to Saturday's show that unfortunately we won't be able to use and I'd like someone to be able to use them. Not looking to sell them, I'm giving them away, just want to see them get used. I PM'd HUD, who had mentioned the other day that they needed a ticket. I didn't get a response there, so hoping they or someone else who needs a ticket or two will see this.

We are bummed that we can't make it, has noting to do with the weather forecast, my wife had a death in the family and we need to take care of things on that front this weekend.

PM me or reply here and we can coordinate getting them to you.
. Sorry I’ve been outside working I have a ticket but have friends looking for ticket . .sorry for your family’s loss and sorry you can’t make the show
Last edited by Hud on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.