Kalamazoo -- July 19

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Mr. B

Kalamazoo -- July 19

Post by Mr. B »

The boys have added a July 19 date for a return to Bells in Kalamazoo during an off day from the Wheels of Soul Tour. Hell yeah, that was a great show last year. Zip Up, see you there!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: Kalamazoo -- July 19

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I'm going to leave this one as a maybe. I'll be up in Chicago the week before so I'd have to head back up the next week and call on customers in OH. I'm at about 40% in at this point but it was a fun venue and I have family there so there is that.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Hell yeah!!! IN!!!

Bummed they continue to bone Grand Rapids for a West Michigan date but I'm just fine with them returning to the beer garden. Hell, lets make this a yearly show!

I think you still owe me a beer from the last rock show, Mr. B. :mrgreen:

BrotherFraz2

Post by BrotherFraz2 »

I am planning to be there. Last year was one of the better Rock Shows that I have seen, but that may have been the Two Hearted talking.

Ty Webb

Post by Ty Webb »

My wife just got back from a wedding in Kalamazoo. She said Bell's was literally the town's only redeeming quality.
I'm sleeping under strange, strange skies.

Zip Up to Michigan

Ty Webb wrote:My wife just got back from a wedding in Kalamazoo. She said Bell's was literally the town's only redeeming quality.
Then I guess your wife didn't really get to see much of town, it's establishments, and it's people.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:My wife just got back from a wedding in Kalamazoo. She said Bell's was literally the town's only redeeming quality.
Then I guess your wife didn't really get to see much of town, it's establishments, and it's people.
And that Kalamazoo Promise program is a terrible thing. All it does is fund a minimum of 65% and up to 100% of tuition for ALL graduates of Kalamazoo public high schools who attend any college or university in Michigan. If you attend Kalamazoo public schools from kindergarten through high school, college is free. The promise was developed and funded by Kalamazoo-based philanthropists anonymously. Too bad they didn't just put the money into one of the Koch brothers' funds.

But your wife is right about Bell's. Love that place and the outdoor setting is perfect for a rawk show.

Ty Webb

Post by Ty Webb »

Mr. B wrote:
Zip Up to Michigan wrote:
And that Kalamazoo Promise program is a terrible thing. All it does is fund a minimum of 65% and up to 100% of tuition for ALL graduates of Kalamazoo public high schools who attend any college or university in Michigan. If you attend Kalamazoo public schools from kindergarten through high school, college is free. The promise was developed and funded by Kalamazoo-based philanthropists anonymously. Too bad they didn't just put the money into one of the Koch brothers' funds.

But your wife is right about Bell's. Love that place and the outdoor setting is perfect for a rawk show.
Shithole towns can still do good things.

And I take back "literally." She said the people were very friendly as well.
I'm sleeping under strange, strange skies.

mikem

Post by mikem »

What time they hit the Stage Last Year??

Thanks

Zip Up to Michigan

mikem wrote:What time they hit the Stage Last Year??

Thanks
Probably right around the usual time if there’s an opener ; 9pm.

Zip Up to Michigan

Next Thursday, can't wait for this rock show!!

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:Next Thursday, can't wait for this rock show!!
You and me both. Looks like I'll get out of Chicago relatively early that day, so we'll be getting to Bell's early to pre-game. See you there.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

One day to go -- looks like we'll have a great night for an outdoor rawk show. I'll be there early with the wife and a buddy -- Michigan Zip, looking forward to drinking the beer you owe me!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Mr. B wrote:One day to go -- looks like we'll have a great night for an outdoor rawk show. I'll be there early with the wife and a buddy -- Michigan Zip, looking forward to drinking the beer you owe me!
Have fun! Wish I could have made it this year! My cousin and her husband became fans at last years show so they’ll be in attendance
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Mr. B wrote:One day to go -- looks like we'll have a great night for an outdoor rawk show. I'll be there early with the wife and a buddy -- Michigan Zip, looking forward to drinking the beer you owe me!
Have fun! Wish I could have made it this year! My cousin and her husband became fans at last years show so they’ll be in attendance
Cool, I remember meeting them. Sorry you can't make it this year.

Zip Up to Michigan

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

The best place on earth to be last night was a beautiful outdoor beer garden in Kalamazoo with the best rock band on the planet performing at the top of their game:

Filthy and Fried
Southern Accents into Ever South
Surrender
Ronnie
Plastic Flowers
3 dimes
sinkhole
english oceans
mercy buckets
marry me
zip city
used to be a cop
shit shots
babies in cages
Ramon
Darkened Flags
Once they Banned Imagination
What it Means
Ghost to Most
Let there be Rock
Guitar Man
Hell No I ain't Happy

Zip Up to Michigan

GREAT rock show per usual but damn I was overserved last night. Been a rough day to say the least. I’ll take credit for Plastic Flowers as I requested (well...more like suggested ) it from Patterson before the show. Then I was hammered and asked Cooley for Loaded Gun on Saturday after the show so we will see. :lol: Great seeing you Mr. B. Missed getting you your beer...you’re always too close to the stage. :lol:

Looks like you might have missed a few on the set. Here’s what we had:

DBT - Kalamazoo - 2018
9:30
Filthy and Fried
Righteous Path
Uncle Frank
Southern Accents—>Ever South
Surrender Under Protest
Ronnie and Neil
Plastic Flowers on the Highway
3 Dimes Down
Sinkhole
Made Up English Oceans
Mercy Buckets
Marry Me
I’m Eighteen
Zip City
Used to be a Cop
Shit Shots Count
Babies in Cages
Ramon Casiano
Darkened Flags on the Cusp of Dawn
Once They Banned Imagine
What It Means
A Ghost to Most
Let There Be Rock
Guitar Man Upstairs
Hell No I Ain’t Happy

Highlight was obviously plastic flowers for me but loved Babies in Cages, my first time hearing it. Really wish Cooley would dig a little deeper in his catalog. Looking forward to another hour of rock and tedeschi on Saturday!

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:GREAT rock show per usual but damn I was overserved last night. Been a rough day to say the least. I’ll take credit for Plastic Flowers as I requested (well...more like suggested ) it from Patterson before the show. Then I was hammered and asked Cooley for Loaded Gun on Saturday after the show so we will see. :lol: Great seeing you Mr. B. Missed getting you your beer...you’re always too close to the stage. :lol:

Looks like you might have missed a few on the set. Here’s what we had:

DBT - Kalamazoo - 2018
9:30
Filthy and Fried
Righteous Path
Uncle Frank
Southern Accents—>Ever South
Surrender Under Protest
Ronnie and Neil
Plastic Flowers on the Highway
3 Dimes Down
Sinkhole
Made Up English Oceans
Mercy Buckets
Marry Me
I’m Eighteen
Zip City
Used to be a Cop
Shit Shots Count
Babies in Cages
Ramon Casiano
Darkened Flags on the Cusp of Dawn
Once They Banned Imagine
What It Means
A Ghost to Most
Let There Be Rock
Guitar Man Upstairs
Hell No I Ain’t Happy

Highlight was obviously plastic flowers for me but loved Babies in Cages, my first time hearing it. Really wish Cooley would dig a little deeper in his catalog. Looking forward to another hour of rock and tedeschi on Saturday!
Whoops, you are correct, not sure how i didn't write those done, it was some combination of old age + many Bells beers. And you can buy me that beer in Chicago on Sept. 22!

gepman

Post by gepman »

Mr. B wrote:
Whoops, you are correct, not sure how i didn't write those done, it was some combination of old age + many Bells beers. And you can buy me that beer in Chicago on Sept. 22!
Valid excuse, in my books...