Macon 3/23

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Ty Webb

Macon 3/23

Post by Ty Webb »

Who's in? I scheduled a few meetings in Middle Georgia Friday morning. Will knock those out, pay my respects to Duane, Berry, and Gregg, and get my head right for the ROCK SHOW.
I'm sleeping under strange, strange skies.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: Macon 3/23

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

We'll be there.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

IN. Hopefully dragging a familial entourage.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

We should be there. Ricky & Missy Curtis will be there as well.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

GrahamtheGhost

Post by GrahamtheGhost »

I'll be there, per usual I have a ticket and no clue how I'm getting there or where I'll stay but I'll be damned if I'll miss it. See yall at the show!
I thought them lasers was a spider chasing me

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

So the kid and the kid's mom have been jonesing to see where the kid was born (Atlanta, Piedmont Hospital, maternity suite Number Nine, of course) and it looks like we may have a family trip this weekend. That's kind of thrilling, actually. I was originally thinking about staying in Atlanta and making the drive to Macon, but now I think there's definitely a night in Macon on tap. Any great museums or other public art of note there we shouldn't miss? And anyone know if the venue might let the not-quite-fifteen-and-sure-looks-it kid in?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Ty Webb

Post by Ty Webb »

Rose Hill Cemetery; The Big House.

Don't see anything on the venue's website about age restrictions. I'd be surprised if it's not all ages.

John A Arkansawyer

John A Arkansawyer wrote:Any great museums or other public art of note there we shouldn't miss? And anyone know if the venue might let the not-quite-fifteen-and-sure-looks-it kid in?
Ty Webb wrote:Rose Hill Cemetery; The Big House.

Don't see anything on the venue's website about age restrictions. I'd be surprised if it's not all ages.
Let me restate the question: Aside from music-related things which I will eat up, is there anything which might interest the kid and the kid's mom? There may be a visit to The Big House on our agenda. It's not like they're squares.

I haven't heard back from the venue by email, so I guess I'll call today. If the kid can't get in, we might end up staying in Atlanta and me just making a down-and-back for the show. I'm trying to plan ahead a little more than I sometimes do to reduce possible travel stress.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

John A Arkansawyer

John A Arkansawyer wrote:I haven't heard back from the venue by email, so I guess I'll call today. If the kid can't get in
The guy who answered the phone was so sweet! He wanted to warn me that this was a loud, rowdy crowd. I pointed out the kid is small enough to ride on my shoulders and so at least the two of us will see you there! Probably the kid's mom will not make the show, but might be interested in a pre-game meal.

PSETA*: If you are staying over the next day, this is sponsored by the same folks and looks like a lot of fun:
2018 CHERRY BLOSSOM STREET PARTY WITH CHAKA KHAN
Chaka Khan, Booker T. Jones, Eli Young Band, David Nail
Dare we hope for a special guest the night before?

*The S is for Savoring

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Wow, that is all.

We got an honest-to-god encore, a killer new Cooley song, and they were firing on all cylinders tonight.

John A Arkansawyer

Smitty wrote:We got an honest-to-god encore
You weren't supposed to tell.

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

They were having a great time last night and it was infectious. Plus we got a rare appearance by Mr. Swamp! And Smitty is right, the new Cooley song is fucking awesome---so glad they're back in the studio.

John A Arkansawyer

Markalanbishop wrote:They were having a great time last night and it was infectious. Plus we got a rare appearance by Mr. Swamp! And Smitty is right, the new Cooley song is fucking awesome---so glad they're back in the studio.
I was up in the balcony with the kid, who was pretty stoked to hear a song played for the first time, and I thought, "Damn, that looks like Swamp down there on the rail." Then as we were leaving, I was walking right next to him, stopped, looked, and said, "You look just like someone I know."

"You do know me," he replied. I am such a space case.

it also turned out that the guy taping has a Little Rock connection and we know a whole lot of the same people. I heard names come out of his mouth I hadn't thought of in years! Some I know quite well and some who have passed on into legend. It was an excellent moment.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Anyone get a setlist?
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

brett27295 wrote:Anyone get a setlist?
Tequila Cowboy was entering the songs into his phone but he and Lurleen are driving to Savannah this morning. I saw one on FB that was incomplete, but it was a long set!

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Markalanbishop wrote:They were having a great time last night and it was infectious. Plus we got a rare appearance by Mr. Swamp! And Smitty is right, the new Cooley song is fucking awesome---so glad they're back in the studio.
I try my best not to miss the Macon shows as they have always been some of the best shows I've been to and last nights show was killer!. I think I've seen more shows in Macon than Jax. SoS and I got home at 8 this morning and Mrs S had breakfast ready. Can't believe I'm still awake. Great seeing everybody.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

I live sixty five miles away and I wasn't able to make it. That was tough enough. Reading these reviews makes it even tougher.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

John A Arkansawyer

Cole Younger wrote:I live sixty five miles away and I wasn't able to make it. That was tough enough. Reading these reviews makes it even tougher.
You were missed!

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

So Saturday I'm casually sharing a joint with a line cook behind the dumpster at the Waffle House in Macon when I hear a very familiar sound coming from a couple blocks away and sure enough I stumble on Booker T soundchecking! We got to hear him run through a couple songs then we headed over to the Big House before finishing up our Macon trip exploring Rose Hill Cemetery. Whatever "Southern gothic" is, that place is oozing in it. It felt almost mystical standing down by the Bond monument with the train tracks and river just a few feet away; ditto for the Little Martha monument and graves of Elizabeth Reed, Duane, Gregg, and Berry. I'm so glad we decided to make the trip.

Ty Webb

Post by Ty Webb »

Man, that was fun. Anyone else meet "WAZZZZZZAPPPPP...I'M NICK!!!"? Dude was a whirling dervish.

John A Arkansawyer

Yanked from Effbook:

Surrender
Darkened Flags
Gravity’s Gone
Days of Graduation (Hell yeah!)
Ronnie and Neil
Three Dimes Down
Sinkhole
Uncle Frank
Perilous Night
Once they banned Imagine
Southern Accent /Ever South
Kinky Hypocrite
KKK took my baby away
Tales Facing Up
Filthy and Fried
Righteous Path
Ramon Casiano
Putting People on the Moon
Women Without Whiskey
Guns of Umpqua
Sounds Better in the Song
Heathens
Marry Me
What It Means
Birthday Boy
Sign of the Times/Hell no!
Slow Ride Argument
Let there be rock
Shut up and get on the plane
Angels and Fuselage

John A Arkansawyer

If we'd had this show, there would have been no doubt exactly what the words to Slow Ride Argument were! I'm so glad to hear this show again: https://archive.org/details/dbt2018-03-23.ck63m248