Phoenix 2/10

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

TW_2.0

Phoenix 2/10

Post by TW_2.0 »

Anyone in for this show ?

Wife and I flew in from Denver this morning.
I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

Howlinwolf

Re: Phoenix 2/10

Post by Howlinwolf »

Really wanted to pull this one out, but could not make it work Any review, setlist you could share will be great - thanks

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

set list?

hughesaz

Post by hughesaz »

The show was held the Van Buren, which is a relatively new concert hall in downtown Phoenix. I had never been there for a show and thought that the place was fantastic. I didn't keep track of the setlist (sorry), but it was a great blend of older and newer DBT with a couple of covers mixed in - KKK and Southern Accent as an intro to Ever South.

They played a few songs that I had not seen at my last couple of rock shows - Shit Shots, When the Pin Hits the Shell, Ronnie and Neil and Lookout Mountain but no Zip City. They closed with Shut your Mouth and Get on the Plane, which was a little different given that they seem to have been closing with Hell No I ain't Happy with another song (the last two shows I saw they did Sign o' The Times and Rockin in the Free World).

Setlist was tight and the band sounded amazing. They played for approx 2:15 and shut it down right at Midnight. Lilly Hiatt opened the show with a fantastic set.

My biggest takeaway - aside from the fact that Phx was the last stop on this leg of the tour and these guys still rocked their asses off after two weeks on a bus - was that Patterson said that he is going to spend time in Athens remastering the unreleased Adam's House Cat album and that it will be released sometime soon. I can't wait for that.

Amazing Show. Amazing Band.

See you at the Next Phx Rock Show!

wehideandseek

Post by wehideandseek »

Surrender Under Protest
Lookout Mountain
When the Pin Hits The Shell
Baggage
Three Dimes Down
Sinkhole
Ramon Casiano
The Perilous Night
Once They Banned Imagine
Living Bubba
Shit Shots Count
Ronnie & Neil
72 (This Highway’s Mean)
Southern Accent >
Ever South
Women w/o Whiskey
Runaway Train w/ Lilly Hiatt on acoustic guitar & vox
Marry Me
The Company I Keep
Kinky Hypocrite
The KKK Took My Baby Away
What it Means
Filthy & Fried
Let There Be Rock
Shut Up & Get on the Plane

Thanks to Troy & his ladyfriend for the stand-space.

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Thanks wehideandseek for the setlist and hughesaz for the review. That is a fine set to close out the first run of the year. Launching into Lookout Mountain for the second song - wow. You know you are in for a great night of rock n roll. Wonder if Patterson and the band knows there is a Lookout Mountain in North Phoenix - my parents used to live in Moon Valley and my brother and I climbed that mountain many, many times.
Wish I could of made the journey and rocked with y'all - May make it out for Blue Oyster Cult in April - thanks again