**10/06/10 Columbus, OH**

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

ForgetMyFries

Re: **10/06/10 Columbus, OH**

Post by ForgetMyFries »

Zip City wrote:show day BUMP!!!

hopefully I'll get a song or two I've been chasing "Where the Devil Don't Stay, Love Like This, Angels & Fuselage, etc.)

Im with ya on that Zip.. I finally got my 72 last night, still chasin that damn'd Heathens.. They did Panties last night so hopefully we get Love Like This tonight!!!
Im not good with numbers, I just count on knowing when I'm high enough..

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

ForgetMyFries wrote:
Zip City wrote:show day BUMP!!!

hopefully I'll get a song or two I've been chasing "Where the Devil Don't Stay, Love Like This, Angels & Fuselage, etc.)

Im with ya on that Zip.. I finally got my 72 last night, still chasin that damn'd Heathens.. They did Panties last night so hopefully we get Love Like This tonight!!!

I'll be the 6'3" guy wearing the Reverend Horton Heat work shirt.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

ForgetMyFries

Post by ForgetMyFries »

Truckers on 90.5 FM in the studio during the 2 oclock hour today!! Free ticket giveaway too...

Zip.. Ill be sportin my new "Pretty Road Cases" Hat tonight!!

Clams

Post by Clams »

ForgetMyFries wrote:Truckers on 90.5 FM in the studio during the 2 oclock hour today!! Free ticket giveaway too...

Zip.. Ill be sportin my new "Pretty Road Cases" Hat tonight!!

Patterson & Jay on now
playing Santa Fe in the studio :)
http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wcbe/ppr/index.shtml
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Clams

Post by Clams »

now playing flying wallendas, also played drag the lake, lots of chit chat too

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

Just checking in folks. I've been away due to some family stuff. But REALLY looking forward to tonight! Hoping for some rarities. Last couple times they played here they whipped out some "closet classics" so hoping for a little of the same tonight.

Saw Shooter Jennings & Heirophant last night in Cleveland and it was great! This is gonna be an awesome 24-hour period of ROCK!

See ya'll there!

PS: wish I'd have logged in earlier and seen they were on the radio today. Sorry I missed that...

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

Zip City wrote:I'll be the 6'3" guy wearing the Reverend Horton Heat work shirt.

....sipping brewskies, looking all grumpy....until patterson gives me a wink.

rock that shit hard, zip.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

dime in the gutter wrote:
Zip City wrote:I'll be the 6'3" guy wearing the Reverend Horton Heat work shirt.

....sipping brewskies, looking all grumpy....until patterson gives me a wink.

rock that shit hard, zip.

I'll try, even though this grumpy old coot has a stiff neck from last night's show

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Fuck this town. Really small crowd right now. No wonder DBT rarely comes here

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Update: happy to report a late arriving crowd

Clams

Post by Clams »

Zip City wrote:Update: happy to report a late arriving crowd

Band of Horses must have let out early.

mhc

Post by mhc »

Zip City wrote:Fuck this town. Really small crowd right now. No wonder DBT rarely comes here

Quit complaining. You are at the show. Who cares about the crowd???
What are they playing???
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

mhc wrote:Quit complaining.

Hey, does zip tell you to stop breathing?
They're not monsters. They're not animals.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I complained about the crowd only because I want the place to be packed when the band comes to town. The good news was that though the crowd was small, they were really enthusiastic and were rewarded with a great set from the boys:

1. After the Scene Dies
2. Self Destructive Zones
3. Fourth Night of My Drinking
4. Where the Devil Don't Stay
5. Drag the Lake Charlie
6. Birthday Boy
7. Box of Spiders
8. One of These Days
9. Santa Fe
10. Women Without Whiskey
11. Where's Eddie?
12. Mercy Buckets
13. Marry Me
14. Life in the Factory
15. Get Downtown
16. It's Gonna Be I Told You So
17. Hell No, I Ain't Happy
18. Gravity's Gone
19. Ronnie & Neil

ENCORE:

20. Zip City
21. Sinkhole
22. 3 Dimes Down
23. Adam Raised a Cain
24. Let There Be Rock

Great set list (better than Cleveland back in the spring). Finally chased down "Devil" and got a healthy dose of the rawk.

Hope the small crowd won't scare DBT away.....
Last edited by Zip City on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

yessaidyes

Post by yessaidyes »

Zip City wrote:I complained about the crowd only because I want the place to be packed when the band comes to town. The good news was that though the crowd was small, they were really enthusiastic and were rewarded with a great set from the boys:

1. After the Scene Dies
5. Drag the Lake Charlie
6. Birthday Boy
7. Box of Spiders
8. One of These Days
9. Santa Fe
11. Where's Eddie?
12. New slow song (Ray's Automatic Weapon???)
13. Marry Me
14. Life in the Factory
15. Get Downtown
18. Gravity's Gone
19. Ronnie & Neil

ENCORE:

20. Zip City
21. Sinkhole
22. 3 Dimes Down
23. Adam Raised a Cain
24. Let There Be Rock

Great set list (better than Cleveland back in the spring). Finally chased down "Devil" and got a healthy dose of the rawk.

I think the new slow song is called Mercy Buckets. I saw another thread somewhere on here because there's an acoustic version of the song by Patterson at someone's wedding on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At8MHXTa ... re=related

and they apparently played it at an event called Mountain Jam-- it should be on Go Go Boots according to this performance.

yessaidyes

Post by yessaidyes »

Whoops, there is the link for the Mountain Jam performance with the explanation I mentioned previously:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaRVWrMGt6k

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Yep, that was it. Thanks!

First post edited

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

yessaidyes wrote:
Zip City wrote:I complained about the crowd only because I want the place to be packed when the band comes to town. The good news was that though the crowd was small, they were really enthusiastic and were rewarded with a great set from the boys:

1. After the Scene Dies
5. Drag the Lake Charlie
6. Birthday Boy
7. Box of Spiders
8. One of These Days
9. Santa Fe
11. Where's Eddie?
12. New slow song (Ray's Automatic Weapon???)
13. Marry Me
14. Life in the Factory
15. Get Downtown
18. Gravity's Gone
19. Ronnie & Neil

ENCORE:

20. Zip City
21. Sinkhole
22. 3 Dimes Down
23. Adam Raised a Cain
24. Let There Be Rock

I think the new slow song is called Mercy Buckets. I saw another thread somewhere on here because there's an acoustic version of the song by Patterson at someone's wedding on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At8MHXTa ... re=related

and they apparently played it at an event called Mountain Jam-- it should be on Go Go Boots according to this performance.

You are breaking my heart. I have to get to a show before NYE. I can't believe I missed them breaking out Mercy Buckets live. Chest pains of jealousy!!!!!!! How did the crowd like it???
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I think the crowd dug it as much as one can expect for a song they're unfamiliar with. They responded better to "Where's Eddie?", but that's a much more upbeat tune.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

my friend was there and said the crowd was small but receptive..
great setlist, mercy buckets!
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Hello Walls

Post by Hello Walls »

That was a time.

mhc

Post by mhc »

Zip, u see Monty?
He's going through a rough time right now. I hope the Rawk Show helped him heal a little.
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

mhc wrote:Zip, u see Monty?
He's going through a rough time right now. I hope the Rawk Show helped him heal a little.

Yeah, I hung out with him all night, and he was in good spirits. He told me a little about his troubles, but he seemed to be doing okay

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

Hey mhc, thanks for thinking of me bro! Things are getting back to "normal", I'm feeling better and YES, the rock show was incredibly healing. Didn't get my "World Of Hurt" I was hoping for, but that might be for the better. No one needed to see me blubbering on the floor anyway. LOL

Me and Zipper hung through the night. Just kind of chilled for Henry Clay People (I wasn't really impressed), and then on the floor for DBT. Me and Heather moved up a little closer as the night wore on, due to the floor thinning out a little (my theory is that the folks with comp tickets- Columbus is a comp-heavy town-may have left a little early. Either that or there were a LOT of smokers outside at any given time).

The crowd size overall was better than the last time they played here. And when DBT took the stage the place actually looked "full" (balcony wasn't open). I've seen "big" acts draw less at the 'Port.

Setlist was A-plus. ATSD is the perfect opening song. Got great versions of "Hell No", "Box Of Spiders", and "Life In The Factory" (after which Stroker Ace dedicated "Get Downtown" to the late Leonard Skinner).

LONGEST encore break I've ever seen. They took a good 12 to 15 minutes before coming back out. I was seriously thinking they weren't going to. Surprisingly the crowd stayed hot during the break. Columbus crowds are often very passive and will walk out at the first sign of the show being over. When they did finally come back out Patterson remarked "All right then motherfuckers" and they proceeded to hit us with the 5-song barnburner to end the night.

Definitely a dose of what I needed...

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Monty610 wrote:Hey mhc, thanks for thinking of me bro! Things are getting back to "normal", I'm feeling better and YES, the rock show was incredibly healing. Didn't get my "World Of Hurt" I was hoping for, but that might be for the better. No one needed to see me blubbering on the floor anyway. LOL

:lol: I had a similar experience during "Everybody Needs Love" last week. Spent most of that song concentrating on Neff's (very comfortable looking) shoes.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

ForgetMyFries

Post by ForgetMyFries »

Last night was a very very good Rawk show.. The friends I asked to show up all came and had a great time, they didnt even know any Trucker songs.. I was happy with the size of the crowd.. A few years ago when I found the Truckers and ventured down south I was surprised how small the venues were and I enjoyed the shows even more.. Newport is way to big for them even if the show was down south, but with the venue on campus the energy can escalate quick and I think that helped on a wednesday night.. Please dont make me wait that long to show you off again..

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

yeah, the Newport is less than ideal. It's too big, it sounds like shit (I think I've seen one show there that wasn't a huge muddy mess of sound)

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

Sound issues aside, The Newport is still my all-time favorite venue. I've seen exponentially more shows there than anyplace else. It really takes a full house (about 1700 people) to dampen the cavernous sound of the place. It's too big for DBT, but I'd still rather see them there than Skully's or Ravari Room, or Rumba Cafe (the likely places they would play if they weren't at the 'Port), and I'm still damn glad they didn't play OUTLAND!

One thing to keep in mind about DBT selling out and doing double nights in some Southern cities is the fact that the venues are way smaller. 40 Watt Club holds what, 400 people tops? Newport holds 1700. If you took that crowd last night and put it in The Southgate House, or Beachland Ballroom (Newport KY and Cleveland venues), it would have been a full house. So DBT aren't really "drawing less" people in Columbus than anywhere else, there's just no appropriate size venue for them to play here...

EddieHinton

Post by EddieHinton »

Monty610 wrote:Sound issues aside, The Newport is still my all-time favorite venue. I've seen exponentially more shows there than anyplace else. It really takes a full house (about 1700 people) to dampen the cavernous sound of the place. It's too big for DBT, but I'd still rather see them there than Skully's or Ravari Room, or Rumba Cafe (the likely places they would play if they weren't at the 'Port), and I'm still damn glad they didn't play OUTLAND!

One thing to keep in mind about DBT selling out and doing double nights in some Southern cities is the fact that the venues are way smaller. 40 Watt Club holds what, 400 people tops? Newport holds 1700. If you took that crowd last night and put it in The Southgate House, or Beachland Ballroom (Newport KY and Cleveland venues), it would have been a full house. So DBT aren't really "drawing less" people in Columbus than anywhere else, there's just no appropriate size venue for them to play here...

The 40 Watt Club will have 1000 people a night for DBT

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

EddieHinton wrote:
Monty610 wrote:Sound issues aside, The Newport is still my all-time favorite venue. I've seen exponentially more shows there than anyplace else. It really takes a full house (about 1700 people) to dampen the cavernous sound of the place. It's too big for DBT, but I'd still rather see them there than Skully's or Ravari Room, or Rumba Cafe (the likely places they would play if they weren't at the 'Port), and I'm still damn glad they didn't play OUTLAND!

The 40 Watt Club will have 1000 people a night for DBT

Impressive. I wish Columbus would wake up and realize what a great live band DBT is.