I've yet to see DBT as an opener or "special guests" act

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

Re: I've yet to see DBT as an opener or "special guests" act

Post by Swamp »

Sorry TTB but the only way I'd pay to see the boys from Alabama open would have to envolve some sorta Bob and Jimbo show. But then again, never say never.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote: Fair enough. I think you're being a tad harsh but to each his own.

I do think he needs better talent surrounding him. It feels like he has created a band with a bunch of his friends, which is cool, but to take it to the next level he needs some musicians that are on his level and can help him keep it in check a bit.

Super excited to see TTB call him and Cooley/Hood up for some collaborations during their headlining set.
Well like I said, this was a few years ago and honestly dude is getting a lot more prominent gigs these days, so perhaps I'll give it another go. He's playing for free at Dominion River Rock in Richmond in the spring, so maybe that's the move.
Interesting what you said about surrounding himself with better talent. Totally agree with that. He is a step above his band and needs an upgrade.

Also, to circle back to the thread topic, I saw DBT on that tour with Robert Randolph & The Family Band and The Black Crowes. Great Woods in MA.
Last time I saw them with Jason.
Pretty decent set. Pretty sure it's the only time I've seen them play Cottonseed. It was like 40min tops.
RRFB was weak. Their bubble had burst by that point.
Crowes were great. MFF still in the band. Still looking for a recording of that show.
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords

Will

Post by Will »

Atlanta date for this tour announced yesterday, July 14th at the Fox. Tickets on sale this Friday. My last chance to see the band before the arrival of our next generation fan, so I think we'll be in.

Ty Webb

Post by Ty Webb »

Only time I've seen DBT as an opener was WSP's 2005 Fall Tour, October 15 in Macon. Panic brought out "the indescribably smiley Patterson Hood" and he and JB traded verses on Come Together.

https://www.panicstream.com/vault/wides ... -macon-ga/

I miss those old Macon Centreplex shows...

As to Wheels of Soul, I don't know that I can stomach $275 for a pair of seats at The Fox. I love the Fox and I have no problem spending money, but Marcus King and TTB are both just okay to me.
I'm sleeping under strange, strange skies.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Will wrote:Atlanta date for this tour announced yesterday, July 14th at the Fox. Tickets on sale this Friday. My last chance to see the band before the arrival of our next generation fan, so I think we'll be in.

Congrats!!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Will

Post by Will »

beantownbubba wrote:
Will wrote:Atlanta date for this tour announced yesterday, July 14th at the Fox. Tickets on sale this Friday. My last chance to see the band before the arrival of our next generation fan, so I think we'll be in.

Congrats!!
Thank you! Excited and nervous and all that good stuff. Tickets were a little more than I wanted to pay, but like I said, this might be it for a little while. Although I think we should be settled in enough for at least one night of Homecoming next year. We'll see.

bnzz

Post by bnzz »

This tour is coming to Jacksonville(Tedeschi and Trucks live here). I hate to say it but I probably wont go. I have seen TTB several times and like them, but I do not like seated shows and the cost for this one is $69 for the cheap seats(almost $300 up close). Also, not a big fan of DBT opening or festival sets. Just too short and the interest level is usually a bummer from the rest of the crowd. Everyone needs to be a fanatic like me :D I am spoiled I want the full on RAWK SHOW LOL. All this being said my mind is telling me to go.