2018 Nuci's/Homecoming fundraiser and DVD/Blu-ray offer

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

uncle rickey

2018 Nuci's/Homecoming fundraiser and DVD/Blu-ray offer

Post by uncle rickey »

Friends,

If you’re reading my post, you’re probably already part of the DBT fan community, and know how close-knit and supportive we are. We host each other in our homes; we join virtually through live streams, social media, text and phone; we get together in person at rock shows, restaurants, hotels and bars. I know when I’m filming at the 40 Watt you are my wall of protection from asshat behavior, and when I’m not, you’re an avenue of familiar friendly faces in a path to and from the tiki bar.

You probably also know that Homecoming is just over two months from now, and it’s time to come together once again and raise money for Nuci’s Space.

During Homecoming weekend, we post up at Flicker on Wednesday, drink Bloody Marys at the Hangout on Friday, and huddle together at the Days Inn into the late hours of the evening/morning. Some of us--not naming any names here--anticipate and celebrate DBT Homecoming more than any winter family holiday. Of all the ways we come together, my favorite happens on Saturday, when we celebrate and donate at the auction for Nuci’s Space.

If you post here or just follow DBT generally, you probably know about Nuci’s, their mission to prevent suicide, and their focus on supporting musicians. Nuci’s Space is the heart at the center of what makes Athens so special, providing countless resources--both physical and emotional--that nurture the community. They’re doing life-saving work. You can learn more about them here.

Each of the past six years we at 3DD have produced a DVD and Blu-Ray of a full DBT show that you can’t get anywhere else. The production of this DVD/Blu-Ray is truly a community effort: allisonsdc, bogart, drivebymule, Phungi, CooleyGirl, myself, and Jonicont all operated the cameras, and the good doc handled all the editing and post-production. We're all pretty proud of this, and with your gift to Nuci’s Space, it will be yours!

This year's DVD/Blu-Ray was night 2 from Homecoming last year (2/17/2017). You can read some of our reactions to this show here, starting with a post from Southern Efficiency that I'll just quote in full:
Southern Efficiency wrote:I'm prepared to call this the best show I've ever seen.
Not bad, eh? Here's a little taste of what you'll get:

...and the rip-roaring finish:

Last year’s DVD fundraiser brought $9,105 in donations to Nuci’s Space--from 185 donors--which is incredible.

Please join me in giving as generously as you can to support this inspiring organization. Let’s see if we can break 5 figures this year!

I can't wait to see you all in Athens.

Gratefully,
Luke, a/k/a uncle rickey

Thanks Luke. And THANK YOU to everyone who gave up a night at the Rock Show to get this done

ImageHH 2017 by jonicont, on Flickr

Obtaining your discs is a TWO STEP PROCESS

STEP ONE: Donate to Nucis

A $20 minimum donation for the dvd

A $25 minimum donation for the Blu-ray

you can do that online here

Paypal link specifically for 3DD

https://nuci.wufoo.com/forms/zgkgbbp1o72q5n/
Donations to this link will be automatically reported to us at 3DD.

Credit card link

https://www.nuci.org/
These donations don't get automatically reported to us. We eventually track them down. If you could shoot us an email saying you paid with CC it would be helpful.

Check
If you're sending a check, make sure you include "3DD" and your user name (if you have one) in the memo line!

Mail it to:

Nuci's Space
396 Oconee Street
Athens, GA 30601

STEP TWO: PAY FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING

SHIPPING AND HANDLING IS PAID TO ME

S&H for the DVD is $5.50

S&H for the BLURAY is $6.50

pay me via Paypal--My Paypal address is jonicont@aol.com

*there was a problem for some folks paying me through Paypal when using their phones. Please use a computer if at all possible

Or you can send me a check (Email me (jonicont@threedimesdown.com) for my address)

Thanks to everyone who donated last year.

ALWAYS GO TO THE SHOW
Jonicont
Last edited by uncle rickey on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

blueridgehiker

Re: 2018 Nuci's/Homecoming fundraiser and DVD/Blu-ray offer

Post by blueridgehiker »

I'm so excited about this! Not only is Nuci's an outstanding organization that I am thrilled to support, but the DVD is of my first ever Truckers show. I came by myself and had an absolute blast. I've been to 2 DBT and 1 Cooley show in the 9 months since and will be at Friday Homecoming this year. Many, many thanks to those of you who put your talents and energy into the DVD and the fundraiser. 3DD is a special community of folks.
A girl as plain as a primer coat

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

So, so good (as always). Thanks ya'll for making this happen - fantastic night! And you're right, making the call to film vs. rawk is a selfless move by 7 generous folks. Thanks!

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Got my blu-rays yesterday. This show (my favorite from last year's Homecoming) looks and sound awesome. Thanks to all involved, camera operators and director/editor/shipper Dr. John most of all! And it's all for a wonderful cause. If you haven't donated yet you really should.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

hughesaz

Post by hughesaz »

I received mine the other day and just finished watching it for the second time. Amazing show and great video quality.

Thanks for making this available.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

got my blu-ray yesterday. excellent! many thanks to all involved in this project.

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Done, done, and done! Thanks, everyone involved.
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

OldCloverdale

Post by OldCloverdale »

$20 and $5.50 both done!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Another clip

Always go to the show

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Wow. That's some fast shipping! I ordered it Monday night and it was already waiting at the PO box this morning----just in time to annoy my wife all weekend. Thanks Jonicont!
Let the outside air in

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

schlanky wrote:Wow. That's some fast shipping! I ordered it Monday night and it was already waiting at the PO box this morning----just in time to annoy my wife all weekend. Thanks Jonicont!
Of course. Blame it on me
Always go to the show

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

With about 6 weeks left to go, we have reached the half way mark of our goal $5300. Thanks to everyone for your generosity. Keep those donations coming in and help me avoid the mad rush at the end
Always go to the show

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Finally got a chance to watch the whole thing yesterday. Ms. Wordman was putting in a full day of work, and though she...likes is not quite the right word...likes that ~I~ like DBT and it makes me happy, she's not down with watching a rock band for 2+ hours on the teevee. I mean, she's OK with me spending nearly a full week--VALENTINE'S DAY included--with you all, so she can do and say whatever the hell she wants to in that regard. With today being exactly one month till my first full day in Athens, it made me excited and eager to get this next 30 (or so) days under and done, and my ass on the plane.

The show happened six days after the Webster Hall show on 2/11, which was the best single show I've ever been to, by anyone. It was clear that the magic continued, and surely was amplified by the locale. (Good, too, to see some of the familiar faces I've met over the last 12 months).

Thanks again for doing this.
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I haven't watched the discs yet, because I'm waiting to find a mutually acceptable time to watch with Bryan (father in law). I have watched the "Rockin' in the Free World" you tube video about 100 times since last year's Homecoming (slight exaggeration, but not too much)!

I'm left with a question....

The discs are from Friday night, right? Who comes out to play with he band during "Rockin' in the Free World". Watching the you tube clip, I thought the guys from the Hernies were playing, but they didn't open till Saturday night.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Beaverdam wrote:I haven't watched the discs yet, because I'm waiting to find a mutually acceptable time to watch with Bryan (father in law). I have watched the "Rockin' in the Free World" you tube video about 100 times since last year's Homecoming (slight exaggeration, but not too much)!

I'm left with a question....

The discs are from Friday night, right? Who comes out to play with he band during "Rockin' in the Free World". Watching the you tube clip, I thought the guys from the Hernies were playing, but they didn't open till Saturday night.
You were right, that's Henry Barbe along with his fellow crew member Sean.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

uncle rickey

Re: DEADLINE APPROACHING:Nuci's fundraiser and DVD/Blu-ray o

Post by uncle rickey »

It's home stretch time... we'll be traveling to Athens in less than two weeks! Let's keep those donations coming.

And to those of you who've already made your gift: THANK YOU!

uncle rickey

Re: LAST CALL: Nuci's Space fundraiser and DVD/Blu-ray offer

Post by uncle rickey »

Hey everybody. This is it. We're down to the wire. $8900!! Just a little bit more to reach that 10K goal. Once again, the deadline is 2/16. Any orders received after 2/8 (Thursday) will not be shipped until after Homecoming.

As usual, we will be streaming the audio of all three nights. Check the board or here https://www.facebook.com/groups/DriveByTruckers/ for the link on showday.

Again, thank you to everyone who has donated and to those that will. Can't begin to tell you how much Nuci's and the band appreciate all you have done.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Hey folks--FYI--there are a number of people who donated but never sent the S&H. I've sent out email reminders (Please check your spam folder). If you ordered before last week and don't have your discs, please contact me
Always go to the show

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

I'm so excited and proud of our community. This was our best year yet for our fundraiser! (I'll write more on my general thoughts about Homecoming in the thread when I get a minute to catch my breath).
Jonicont, Tequila Cowboy (Gentleman) and I had a chance to share the stage for a few minutes at Nuci's Space with Patterson and with our dear friend from Nuci's itself, Dave, on the day of the auction. We announced some of the numbers then, and damned if they didn't get increased a few minutes after we walked off of the stage!

It is with great pride and joy that I share the final results with you:

DVD/Blu Ray - $10,017
Song Lyrics/Pin/Magnet Raffle from the Hangout on Friday - $2,092
3DD Always Go to the Show Shirts - $835
Jenn's Shut the F Up Shirts - $632
Courtney's Donations from Food Sales at the Auction - $531
Total: $14,107

Additionally (Yes, there is more)!
Auction results - $10,000
Guitar raffle - $7,486
On the day of the auction, Nuci's has an area set up where you can buy beverages and Nuci's t-shirts. Here is the breakdown of those sales:
Beer - $535
Tip Jar - $288.35
T shirts - $120
Soda - $97
Coffee - $93
Total: $18,619.35

Grand Total of Everything: $32,726.35 :shock:

I am so proud of everyone! Thank you doesn't seem to be enough, but I'll say it anyway. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I work pretty much non-stop behind the scenes with Dave from Nuci's from November through February, and he is amazing. I usually see Bob, the executive director, at some point during Homecoming, and he always makes a point to tell me, you have no idea how much this donation from 3DD means to Nuci's. They can't thank us enough. This year, I happened to be in the office when the founder of the organization, Nuci's Mom, Linda, was there. It was so powerful to meet her. She immediately hugged me, as well as Luke (Uncle Rickey) and Jonicont and Russell (Dogstar) who happened to be with me at the time. I was very proud to hear Bob and Dave singing the praises of 3DD and how much of an impact we've had on them. And this was before we knew this year's numbers!

Thank you all again!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

That's amazing, good work everyone!
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

That's incredible work, everyone. I can't get over the generosity of all the good people here. Huge thanks to CooleyGirl and Jonicont for their extraordinary and tireless work behind the scenes, and to Ramonz for arranging the Telecaster, and phungi and Jenn for the shirts, and Courtney and the food folks, and... and... :D

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Incredible job! Thanks to all!
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Have you ever wondered where the money we donate to Nuci's goes? Here are some examples:

• $780 will subsidize one year of psychiatric maintenance for a musician in need.
• $800 will subsidize one month of support groups: Survivors of Suicide, Mental Health Roundtable, AA, etc.
• $600 will support 2 full scholarships to our Camp Amped after school program
• $50 will subsidize one office visit with a psychiatrist
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Truly incredible and the result of some very hard work and selfless dedication by a lot of people including jonicont and cooleygirl. The generosity of this entire community should not be overlooked either. Obviously contributions of cash, time, auction items, etc come from more than just members of 3dd, but OTOH, there are a lot of inactive members on 3dd so just for yucks I thought i'd see what the average contribution per 3dd member is: Using round numbers, just about fifteen dollars per member. If you've ever tried your hand at fundraising you will recognize what an amazing number that is. Congratulations to every one who participated, especially those who lead the way. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm proud to be a member of this community.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard