Get your fix

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

Get your fix

Post by Clams »

No rock shows? No problem.

Night after the election. Full show, 2 hours 21 minutes. Video by noochnooch, audio by marklynn.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Rocky

Re: Get your fix

Post by Rocky »

Holy Shit! This is the show referenced in the Bitter Southener article - the night after the election.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Rocky wrote:Holy Shit! This is the show referenced in the Bitter Southener article - the night after the election.
I really think having this show to listen to saved my life, or at least my sanity, those few days after the debacle.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Clams

Post by Clams »

Rocky wrote:Holy Shit! This is the show referenced in the Bitter Southener article - the night after the election.
Indeed it is.

And for added enjoyment at no extra cost, you Can watch the back of World Wide Bill's head bobbing along to the music for the entire show. :P
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Clams wrote:
Indeed it is.

And for added enjoyment at no extra cost, you Can watch the back of World Wide Bill's head bobbing along to the music for the entire show. :P
And the horror of the watching the other dude on Bills left side. He has the most violent head toss. During Lookout Mountain I was afraid he was going to inflict a concussion on himself and/or Bill.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

When Cooley is telling that story at around the 22 minute mark (after one asshat is quieted down by the crowd) that is the quietest I have ever heard the audience at a Truckers show. It's uncanny how rapt and respectful they are.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

They played the next 2 nights at The National in Richmond (the Nuci's Space fundraisers DVD/Blu-Ray last year was one of the nights) and I thought they were really hitting a stride. Little did I know that they had just reached a new level. I watched this Philly gig before, great show!
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Yaz Rock

Post by Yaz Rock »

Thanks for reposting the vid. That show was an instant classic in my book. The weather was just as bad as the national mood that day, getting into Philly was not much fun. DBT came out pissed off and set the course on turning moods around, with a kick-start from opener Kyle Craft who similarly shut down another asshat before his last song (I'm still looking for a tape of his set). If I never get to another DBT show I'm glad I was at this one.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Rocky wrote:When Cooley is telling that story at around the 22 minute mark (after one asshat is quieted down by the crowd) that is the quietest I have ever heard the audience at a Truckers show. It's uncanny how rapt and respectful they are.
What is he saying, anyway? It's like that Dylan bootleg where a guy out in the cheap seats has an airhorn--except Cooley ignores this guy, whereas Dylan got a big laugh by asking the guy, "What are you trying to say, man? (Pause for laughs.) What do you mean? (More laughs.)" But then the sixties were a kinder, more innocent time.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Eyes Above It

Post by Eyes Above It »

brett27295 wrote:They played the next 2 nights at The National in Richmond (the Nuci's Space fundraisers DVD/Blu-Ray last year was one of the nights) and I thought they were really hitting a stride. Little did I know that they had just reached a new level. I watched this Philly gig before, great show!
I was there for night 2 of Richmond, might be the best show I've ever seen them do.