HOMECOMING Fri. & Sat. Sold out

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

lotusamerica

Re: HOMECOMING LOW TICKET ALERT!!!

Post by lotusamerica »

I've been distracted by some life events. Just picked up Thurs/Fri. Sat is listed as "off sale" now.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Re: HOMECOMING LOW TICKET ALERT! Sat. Sold out

Post by Jonicont »

If ya ain't got Saturday, got nobody to blame but yourself
Always go to the show

lotusamerica

Post by lotusamerica »

Well, priorities happen and there are more important things than even homecoming shows... but anyway, as we both well know, the game is a long way from being over ;)

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

lotusamerica wrote:but anyway, as we both well know, the game is a long way from being over ;)
Right you are Sir. BTW--apologies. The statement wasn't specifically directed at you. Just meant to be general snarkiness :D
Always go to the show

TDB

Re: HOMECOMING Fri. & Sat. Sold out

Post by TDB »

Once again, these shows are "sold out"....yet you can buy tickets from VividSeats for $125-$197!!!. Or you can go to Stup Hub and get a ticket for only $124 and they have FIFTY tickets available. Here's my question: are there ASSHOLES buying up 100 tickets so they can RE SELL THEM??? IF so, who are these mutherfuckers??? I want to meet them personally. So, once again, I will probably just show up in Athens and hope for the best.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

TDB wrote:Once again, these shows are "sold out"....yet you can buy tickets from VividSeats for $125-$197!!!. Or you can go to Stup Hub and get a ticket for only $124 and they have FIFTY tickets available. Here's my question: are there ASSHOLES buying up 100 tickets so they can RE SELL THEM??? IF so, who are these mutherfuckers??? I want to meet them personally. So, once again, I will probably just show up in Athens and hope for the best.
Not to be a dick and point out the obvious Rev, but a good solution towards ensuring that you aren't left in the cold for the ticket situation is to purchase them shortly after they go onsale. It wasn't as if they were hoarded by scalpers immediately after the public onsale. Tickets were available for days before they were sold out.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Cubfan06 wrote:
TDB wrote:Once again, these shows are "sold out"....yet you can buy tickets from VividSeats for $125-$197!!!. Or you can go to Stup Hub and get a ticket for only $124 and they have FIFTY tickets available. Here's my question: are there ASSHOLES buying up 100 tickets so they can RE SELL THEM??? IF so, who are these mutherfuckers??? I want to meet them personally. So, once again, I will probably just show up in Athens and hope for the best.
Not to be a dick and point out the obvious Rev, but a good solution towards ensuring that you aren't left in the cold for the ticket situation is to purchase them shortly after they go onsale. It wasn't as if they were hoarded by scalpers immediately after the public onsale. Tickets were available for days before they were sold out.
I swear he makes this post every fucking year
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Cubfan06 wrote:Tickets were available for days before they were sold out.
Available for weeks, not just days. And we all know generally when they're going to go on sale every year so you can plan ahead and save the money if you need to.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I didn't have spare cash when I needed it myself, but I'm doubtful I could have gone anyway, so I'm not fretting much over it. And I never mind hearing someone bash scalpers, the scum of the earth.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

TDB

Post by TDB »

While it's true I made this complaint last year, it's also true I was met with the same ho hum reaction from the 3DD community. Did I want to buy my tickets when they went on sale? Yes? Yet, there's this thing that happens every year about this time. It's called CHRISTMAS! And it's a little expensive. So, THAT is why I didn't buy them in NOVEMBER! The real question here is why Isn't ANYONE bothered that for the last few years these shows "sell out" YET you can get one if you are willing to pay FIVE TIMES the actual cost??? Is the 40 Watt selling blocks of tickets to these scalping services or are individuals buying them just to resell them later? Gee, maybe next year, I'll save up all my money and just buy EVERY FUCKING TICKET for Saturday night and resell them at $1,000 a pop. FUCK SCALPERS and FUCK THE 40 WATT if they are allowing it to happen!

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

I'd find it hard to believe that the 40 Watt is culpable of this. With all due respect to our boys, this isn't Taylor Swift or U2 at the Soldier Field. The tickets were available for weeks to the public. It wouldn't be a smart business venture by the venue to block off tickets for these shows, given the fact that the shows didn't sell out immediately. Your talk about potentially carrying inventory for 3 months with little guarantee that you'll sell the allotment.
Besides the economics of it, Ticketfly is the ticketing agent for this event.

There are only 30 available on StubHub that I see. It very well could just be some college students that are making beer money. That seems more isolated to me, and hardly something symptomatic of general overwhelming issue.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

This has nothing to do with the 40 Watt. Literally any concert at any venue can (and do) end up in the secondary market. This has been going on forever, yet you continue not to buy the tickets when you know they will be available

TDB

Post by TDB »

Perhaps I was out of line by suggesting the 40 Watt is to blame. My apologies. But SOMEBODY is buying large blocks of tickets and reselling them at RIDICULOUS prices. That bothers me, especially when I know how much they originally cost! Oh well, I guess that's just the, "Fuck you for being broke." attitude that Making America Great Again has created. USA! USA! USA! Pardon me for still being offended by greed. Eh, who gives a shit? Just like last year, MARDI GRAS takes priority for me. If I have time, maybe I'll pop by Athens on the way back from New Orleans. Hell, I've only got one more show to hit #100. (Who's got my miracle ticket?)

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

TDB wrote:(Who's got my miracle ticket?)
Damn, I always wondered if we had any wooks up in here

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

TDB wrote:Perhaps I was out of line by suggesting the 40 Watt is to blame. My apologies. But SOMEBODY is buying large blocks of tickets and reselling them at RIDICULOUS prices. That bothers me, especially when I know how much they originally cost! Oh well, I guess that's just the, "Fuck you for being broke." attitude that Making America Great Again has created. USA! USA! USA! Pardon me for still being offended by greed. Eh, who gives a shit? Just like last year, MARDI GRAS takes priority for me. If I have time, maybe I'll pop by Athens on the way back from New Orleans. Hell, I've only got one more show to hit #100. (Who's got my miracle ticket?)
Excellent solution to your dilema, Rev. There are still tickets for Thursday on sale. Perfect avenue to knock out that illustrious show #100. You can even stop by The Flicker for a Yuengling and Jameson shot for old times sake.

TDB

Post by TDB »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
TDB wrote:(Who's got my miracle ticket?)
Damn, I always wondered if we had any wooks up in here

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sadly, what people in today's society don't seem to understand is that you have to GIVE to GET!
Thankfully, I've hooked many people up with a freebie over the years! My Karma is clean :0)

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

TDB wrote:While it's true I made this complaint last year, it's also true I was met with the same ho hum reaction from the 3DD community. Did I want to buy my tickets when they went on sale? Yes? Yet, there's this thing that happens every year about this time. It's called CHRISTMAS! And it's a little expensive. So, THAT is why I didn't buy them in NOVEMBER!
One trick I've started to use over the years is to always try to have a credit card on hand with an introductory 0% APR period. 12 months, 15 months, whatever. Gives you the freedom to finance anything you want to at no cost. Yes, it's dangerous if used irresponsibly, but it's definitely helped me take care of some expenses that would've been huge burdens otherwise (generally more related to home repair than concert tickets, but the concept is the same).
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

hanklow

Post by hanklow »

TDB wrote:While it's true I made this complaint last year, it's also true I was met with the same ho hum reaction from the 3DD community. Did I want to buy my tickets when they went on sale? Yes? Yet, there's this thing that happens every year about this time. It's called CHRISTMAS! And it's a little expensive. So, THAT is why I didn't buy them in NOVEMBER! The real question here is why Isn't ANYONE bothered that for the last few years these shows "sell out" YET you can get one if you are willing to pay FIVE TIMES the actual cost??? Is the 40 Watt selling blocks of tickets to these scalping services or are individuals buying them just to resell them later? Gee, maybe next year, I'll save up all my money and just buy EVERY FUCKING TICKET for Saturday night and resell them at $1,000 a pop. FUCK SCALPERS and FUCK THE 40 WATT if they are allowing it to happen!
I hate scalpers too, but the easiest solution to your problem is to post on here that you are looking for (x) many on whatever nights. Someone will likely come through with face value. It's worked for me and the past, and I've helped someone out with a comp. ticket in the past) And if that doesn't work, wait all the way until a day or two before the show when scalpers will be looking to offload their remaining tickets. (Not exactly how that would work for 40 Watt shows, but I've gotten great tickets for less than face value at other venues, plus I get the added pleasure of beating the scalpers at their own game)

TDB

Post by TDB »

Well, it looks like I ended up getting a ticket for Friday after all! My Dad seriously surprised me with an "open me last" Christmas present. God bless him.
Imagine how sad I was to tell him I was returning it. He got SUCKERED into buying a ticket through a broker (VIA TICKETMASTER) for $136 DOLLARS!!!
So, I had to explain those tickets have BLOOD on them and I could not in good conscience accept his gift. He just thought he was doing something nice for me, and he was.
Yet, I would rather miss seeing #100 than pay those shylock motherfuckers a penny! If I go to these shows I'm getting in the old fashioned way: good karma and good friends! Eh, who gives a shit? I'm going to Vegas tomorrow morning and the Cotton Bowl on Friday. GO BUCKS! Happy 2018 and see y'all down the road. "Rev" Todd

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

TDB wrote:Well, it looks like I ended up getting a ticket for Friday after all! My Dad seriously surprised me with an "open me last" Christmas present. God bless him.
Imagine how sad I was to tell him I was returning it. He got SUCKERED into buying a ticket through a broker (VIA TICKETMASTER) for $136 DOLLARS!!!
So, I had to explain those tickets have BLOOD on them and I could not in good conscience accept his gift. He just thought he was doing something nice for me, and he was.
Yet, I would rather miss seeing #100 than pay those shylock motherfuckers a penny! If I go to these shows I'm getting in the old fashioned way: good karma and good friends! Eh, who gives a shit? I'm going to Vegas tomorrow morning and the Cotton Bowl on Friday. GO BUCKS! Happy 2018 and see y'all down the road. "Rev" Todd
Guess I didn't realize that scalpers were accepting returns these days.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
TDB wrote:Well, it looks like I ended up getting a ticket for Friday after all! My Dad seriously surprised me with an "open me last" Christmas present. God bless him.
I physically cringed.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

What in the actual fuck?

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Smitty wrote:.
Mundane Mayhem wrote:
I physically cringed.
Yeah. Not much else to say except "Daddy Needs a Drink."

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Doubtful. I guess the only recourse is to put it back up for sale at face+fees
Always go to the show

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Jonicont wrote:
Doubtful. I guess the only recourse is to put it back up for sale at face+fees
:D :D :D
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

TDB

Post by TDB »

Guess I didn't realize that scalpers were accepting returns these days.[/quote]

They do when you pay with AMEX! I just questioned the charge and AMEX took it off my bill. Fuck the "ticket brokers".

So, there is ONE MORE Friday night ticket available if you are stupid enough to pay $136!
(and you knew the original face value)

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Well the important thing is that you spit on your father’s generosity in order to stick it to someone who doesn’t give a shit if you keep the ticket or not.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

TDB wrote:Guess I didn't realize that scalpers were accepting returns these days.
They do when you pay with AMEX! I just questioned the charge and AMEX took it off my bill. Fuck the "ticket brokers".

So, there is ONE MORE Friday night ticket available if you are stupid enough to pay $136!
(and you knew the original face value)[/quote]

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

TDB wrote:They do when you pay with AMEX! I just questioned the charge and AMEX took it off my bill.
Am I missing something? Your father bought the tickets with your AMEX card?
Let the outside air in

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

schlanky wrote:
TDB wrote:They do when you pay with AMEX! I just questioned the charge and AMEX took it off my bill.
Am I missing something? Your father bought the tickets with your AMEX card?
I'm starting to think this whole story is made up