HOMECOMING Fri. & Sat. Sold out

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

TDB

Re: HOMECOMING Fri. & Sat. Sold out

Post by TDB »

Good day, sir.

I SAID, GOOD DAY!

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Is a chooch worse than a jag off? What about jamoke?
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

TDB wrote:I haven't asked for a freebie since Craig was alive and Mattador was still in charge. And when I did, they never hesitated. Why? According to both of them, "You've bought enough merch over the years".
I know enough to know that there's nothing to be gained by trying to engage in rational discussion with you, Rev. I know that I have tried to explain why I think nobody but you is so up in arms about homecoming ticket scalping and it hasn't had any effect. I recognize that it is as likely that the failure to communicate is because my explanation was ineffective/unconvincing as it is that you are dense, but either way I'm not going back there. Nor am I gonna get sucked into side shows about the the appropriate age of Xmas gift giving or the fine distinctions between regional playground insults.

But the irony of you making the statement quoted above in the same breath that you dis our community requires a response. Why the fuck do you think Craig, Matador or anyone else associated w/ the band would give you a freebie because "you've bought enough merch over the years"? Do you think it's because of your charm? Your good looks? The actual amount of merch you may have bought? Wrong. It's because of the nature of this community. And if you don't understand that I feel sorry for you.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

TDB

Post by TDB »

Whoops
Last edited by TDB on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Now that is comedy gold.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

TDB

Post by TDB »

:roll:
Last edited by TDB on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TDB

Post by TDB »

One final note and I'm done with this bullshit. Just out of curiosity I did a search for DBT tickets and here are the results.
These are just SOME OF the sites currently selling overpriced tickets and the amount they have for each show.

Name of site Thurs FRI SAT

VIVIDSEATS: 18 33 38
STUBHUB: 6 24 30
VIAGOGO: 46 40 40
TicketW.com: 0 0 48
EVENTTICKETS: 20 40 48
CHEAPTICKETS: 0 64 72 (This policy's mean)
TICKETNETWORK: 36 52 50
SEATGEEK: 58 79 82
GAMESTUB: 36 52 50
EXCITE.COM: 34 52 45

TOTAL: 254 436 503

NOW.....considering the 40 Watt Club only holds 850, that means OVER HALF THE VENUE has been bought up by these so called "Ticket brokers".
Not exactly a few random kids trying to make some "beer money", now is it? While I understand most of you don't give a shit, let me ask you this.....
WHAT PERCENTAGE OF THEIR TICKET SALES WILL BE DONATED TO NUCI'S SPACE????????????
Think about that while you pat yourselves on the back for being fortunate enough to afford buying tickets FOUR MONTHS IN ADVANCE!

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

TDB wrote:One final note and I'm done with this bullshit. Just out of curiosity I did a search for DBT tickets and here are the results.
These are just SOME OF the sites currently selling overpriced tickets and the amount they have for each show.
I very much doubt all those sites are the actual possessors of the tickets. They are fronts for the actual possessors, who advertise them in multiple places at multiple prices. I've seen that done so many times in so many different ways.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

TDB wrote:
LBRod wrote:Now that is comedy gold.
Thank you. I'll be here all week ;0)
I don't think you quite understand. The comedy is that you think Bubba is BostonReb
Always go to the show

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Jonicont wrote:
TDB wrote:
I don't think you quite understand. The comedy is that you think Bubba is BostonReb
Forget it, he's rolling....
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I am sure Rich is mortified. I, OTOH, am honored.

phungi

Post by phungi »

FWiW, I met Rev last year and shared some pre-show slices with him and Clams... Nice guy with more than a few stories to tell, and not at all akin to "a bag that holds the water that clean the vagina", and not as desirable as some Chooch

Seems to be a valid point about ticket scalping, although the combination of Rev's 3DD rep, the Xmas gift/credit card return and the comment about having paid enough $$$ on merch are more than enough to get this crowd riled up... Also, despite having never met Zip, anti-Zip attitude is a wonderful thing to behold.

Before you assume: no, I am not ingesting fungi, just a fun guy, and will be happy to buy any of you a beer at the 40 Watt... Well, perhaps a low-boy PBR... You gotta earn the Silo.
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

phungi wrote:Also, despite having never met Zip, anti-Zip attitude is a wonderful thing to behold.

Hey, what did I ever do to you? :lol:

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

TDB wrote:One final note and I'm done with this bullshit. Just out of curiosity I did a search for DBT tickets and here are the results.

Name of site Thurs FRI SAT

VIVIDSEATS: 18 33 38
STUBHUB: 6 24 30
VIAGOGO: 46 40 40
TicketW.com: 0 0 48
EVENTTICKETS: 20 40 48
CHEAPTICKETS: 0 64 72 (This policy's mean)
TICKETNETWORK: 36 52 50
SEATGEEK: 58 79 82
GAMESTUB: 36 52 50
EXCITE.COM: 34 52 45

TOTAL: 254 436 503

NOW.....considering the 40 Watt Club only holds 850, that means OVER HALF THE VENUE has been bought up by these so called "Ticket brokers".
Not exactly a few random kids trying to make some "beer money", now is it? While I understand most of you don't give a shit, let me ask you this.....
WHAT PERCENTAGE OF THEIR TICKET SALES WILL BE DONATED TO NUCI'S SPACE????????????
Think about that while you pat yourselves on the back for being fortunate enough to afford buying tickets FOUR MONTHS IN ADVANCE!
I don't think anyone here is particularly fond of scalpers. Hell, there's an explicit site policy that making money off the band gets you banned (who even knows if the pun is intended in these troubled times). I think the general blasé attitude you see is just recognition that this is the way it is and there's not much any of us can do about it aside from refusing to participate in it. That said, sometimes you want to see a show and decide that paying a premium is preferable to missing the experience altogether.

As others have said, I don't think that you can just add up the numbers from each site and assume they're all unique ("unduplicated") tickets. In fact, Seat Geek's whole claim to fame is sort of being the Kayak.com of ticketing middlemen: they aggregate tickets from the other sites. I don't know all these sites, but most if not all of them are simply middlemen between buyers and sellers (like Uber), so it's not the case that some corporate entity owns dozens upon dozens of tickets. They just take their 10% or whatever in exchange for brokering the transaction and move on.

Per the 40 Watt's website, its capacity is 500. The smaller capacity strengthens your point that a not-insignificant proportion of tickets is listed for sale. But I doubt very much that more than half the available tickets are posted for resale.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

phungi

Post by phungi »

Zip City wrote:
phungi wrote:Also, despite having never met Zip, anti-Zip attitude is a wonderful thing to behold.

Hey, what did I ever do to you? :lol:
Hey, I did offer to buy you a beer...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

TDB

Post by TDB »

:oops:

TDB

Post by TDB »

Jonicont wrote:
TDB wrote:
Damn, that IS funny! Sorry, Rich. At least I tell didn't tell the story about the goat ;0)
So, who the fuck is beantownbubba?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

TDB wrote:So, who the fuck is beantownbubba?
Sorry, Clams. You've lost your highly sought after spot in my sig line. Thanks, Rev.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Are you guys trying to say that Beantown Bubba and Boston Reb are two different people? Wow.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

brett27295 wrote:Are you guys trying to say that Beantown Bubba and Boston Reb are two different people? Wow.
Well, it is true that other than at least the 10 or 12 places I can think of off the top of my head we've never been seen in the same place at the same time.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Frankly, I’m not sure ANY of you are real

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

beantownbubba wrote:
brett27295 wrote:Are you guys trying to say that Beantown Bubba and Boston Reb are two different people? Wow.
Well, it is true that other than at least the 10 or 12 places I can think of off the top of my head we've never been seen in the same place at the same time.
I've seen you both in the 40 Watt....or did I? Who knows? Many people are saying you're the same person and you can't trust the fake news MSM.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

Asking for freebies and miracle tickets, classic wook behavior. Kick down, brah?

TDB

Post by TDB »

Stupid fucking code names.

TDB

Post by TDB »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Asking for freebies and miracle tickets, classic wook behavior. Kick down, brah?
Lighten up, hippie.

whatwouldcooleydo?

TDB wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Asking for freebies and miracle tickets, classic wook behavior. Kick down, brah?
Lighten up, hippie.
There are at least a thousand ways you could accurately slur me- hippie ain’t one of them. Do better

TDB

Post by TDB »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
TDB wrote:
Lighten up, hippie.
There are at least a thousand ways you could accurately slur me- hippie ain’t one of them. Do better
Trumpie ? That's pretty insulting.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Wow, maybe you can’t do better. Even Kudzu throws meaner smack than that weakass sauce

TDB

Post by TDB »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Wow, maybe you can’t do better. Even Kudzu throws meaner smack than that weakass sauce
Really? I can't think of ANYTHING more insulting than someone accusing me of supporting a pussy grabbing baby rapist.
So, you're a Trump fan eh? No wonder you're so full of hate.