HOMECOMING Fri. & Sat. Sold out

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: HOMECOMING Fri. & Sat. Sold out

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

schlanky wrote:
TDB wrote:They do when you pay with AMEX! I just questioned the charge and AMEX took it off my bill.
Am I missing something? Your father bought the tickets with your AMEX card?
And they ate the charge for a non-fraudulent purchase???
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote: And they ate the charge for a non-fraudulent purchase???
I thought you had to provide some proof of a fraudulent purchase?
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

TDB

Post by TDB »

schlanky wrote:
TDB wrote:They do when you pay with AMEX! I just questioned the charge and AMEX took it off my bill.
Am I missing something? Your father bought the tickets with your AMEX card?
Yes, you are. My Dad bought them on his card. You can still question ANY charge and it will be removed. Does that clear it up for you?

TDB

Post by TDB »

brett27295 wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote: And they ate the charge for a non-fraudulent purchase???
I thought you had to provide some proof of a fraudulent purchase?
Nope. I never downloaded the ticket, so I never got the product. Charge was cancelled.

TDB

Post by TDB »

Zip City wrote:Well the important thing is that you spit on your father’s generosity in order to stick it to someone who doesn’t give a shit if you keep the ticket or not.
You know, Zipperhead, I've NEVER liked you. Mainly, for ignorant comments like the above. That, and the fact that you are a fucking DORK!
Only a shitheel like you would think saving my Dad $100 on a SCAM is an insult and not a kindness. Since when is returning a Christmas gift a sin?
And furthermore, what the FUCK is it to you??? Are you going to Athens??? NO! The farthest you have traveled to see a show is probably Columbus.
So SHUT THE FUCK UP !

TDB

Post by TDB »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
TDB wrote:Guess I didn't realize that scalpers were accepting returns these days.
They do when you pay with AMEX! I just questioned the charge and AMEX took it off my bill. Fuck the "ticket brokers".

So, there is ONE MORE Friday night ticket available if you are stupid enough to pay $136!
(and you knew the original face value)
Image[/quote]

Well, at least I'm not paying $136 bucks for a ticket that cost $35. So, yeah, I'd call that a win.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

TDB wrote:
Zip City wrote:Well the important thing is that you spit on your father’s generosity in order to stick it to someone who doesn’t give a shit if you keep the ticket or not.
You know, Zipperhead, I've NEVER liked you. Mainly, for ignorant comments like the above. That, and the fact that you are a fucking DORK!
Only a shitheel like you would think saving my Dad $100 on a SCAM is an insult and not a kindness. Since when is returning a Christmas gift a sin?
And furthermore, what the FUCK is it to you??? Are you going to Athens??? NO! The farthest you have traveled to see a show is probably Columbus.
So SHUT THE FUCK UP !
I seem to have struck a nerve
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

TDB

Post by TDB »

Zip City wrote:
TDB wrote:
So SHUT THE FUCK UP !
I seem to have struck a nerve
Gon't give yourself that much credit, Ziphead. I've always thought you were an ASSHOLE!

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

That’s cool, cuz it means you won’t be asking to crash on my couch

TDB

Post by TDB »

Zip City wrote:That’s cool, cuz it means you won’t be asking to crash on my couch
You DAMN RIGHT! I've been to that shithole city you live in! No thanks.

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

shithole. shitheel.

only a good head from the trifecta.

but we did get dork, asshole and zipperhead.

thread of the year.

whatwouldcooleydo?

dime in the gutter wrote:shithole. shitheel.

thread of the year.
needs more "Worldstar!!!!"

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

TDB wrote: You know, Zipperhead, I've NEVER liked you. Mainly, for ignorant comments like the above. That, and the fact that you are a fucking DORK!
So SHUT THE FUCK UP !
Why are you so angry?

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

TDB wrote:
So SHUT THE FUCK UP !
There's something about that wrinkle in your forehead...
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

whatwouldcooleydo?

brett27295 wrote:
TDB wrote: You know, Zipperhead, I've NEVER liked you. Mainly, for ignorant comments like the above. That, and the fact that you are a fucking DORK!
So SHUT THE FUCK UP !
Why are you so angry?
Whoever fights scalper monsters should see to it than in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into a scalping abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you..... Ray Nitschke said that

TDB

Post by TDB »

brett27295 wrote:
So SHUT THE FUCK UP !
Why are you so angry?
Um....have you ever met me? This is a 6 on a 10 scale.
Besides, my disdain for Zip City has a long history and I stand by my statement.

TDB

Post by TDB »

thread of the year.

"I almost forgot, fellow babies.......BOOGER!!!!!!" Dr. Johnny Fever

whatwouldcooleydo?

you could have saved yourself a world of grief if you'd just gone to DealDash.com--I got sold out 40 Watt tickets for less than $30 there

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

TDB wrote: Besides, my disdain for Zip City has a long history and I stand by my statement.
That's news to me. I think I've met you once (maybe twice) in passing, and you never gave me the time of day

whatwouldcooleydo?

This thread makes me think of

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

TDB wrote:
Not that I know of. But honestly from the way you conduct yourself here and in other threads over the years I hope I never do.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

brett27295 wrote:
TDB wrote:
Not that I know of. But honestly from the way you conduct yourself here and in other threads over the years I hope I never do.
I met TDB at my first Homecoming. I liked him. Some people--most, really--are better in person.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

TDB wrote:

thread of the year.

Hey Rev, it doesn't appear that you have exhausted all avenues. Perhaps you could offer a trade of a couple of those out of print, hot selling books that you had written about your partying experiences at DBT shows for a ticket to Friday or Saturday night. It was called Ticket Stubs or something such as that.
Or better idea, perhaps you can strike up the presses again and run another "book signing" event at The Flicker during this run prior to one of the shows. Obviously that was a huge hit the first time around.

I'm not going to argue the merits of whether or not Zip is a douche. I've never met the guy, however as a fellow Cubs fan and long time 9B and 3DD poster I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. What I can say is that I learned early on from the Athens meet ups before 40 Watt runs that your name isn't spoken quite as fondly as you may think. I never really understood it fully, however this thread seems to be a microcosm of why your reputation as a chooch is valid.

You have to be well over 40 and your Dad is still buying you Christmas gifts? And then you piss on it instead of being appreciative? The fact that you don't have tickets in hand is solely on you, still you have yet to go through any constructive means to get one. Perhaps you can try to stalk the members of the band on Facebook or wait outside their tour buss begging for a ticket. Maybe you can reach out to Shonna or Neff via Facebook repeatedly to see if they still have any connections to assist. At some point, maybe they'll just give up and mercilessly let that creepy Rev Todd guy in. The good news is that you haven't exhausted all avenues. Especially not the old ones that have been fruitful for you.
Last edited by Cubfan06 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Cubfan06 wrote: I'm not going to argue the merits of whether or not Zip is a douche.
Douche might be a bit harsh, but I bet we could get a consensus on curmudgeon or sourpuss. :lol:

Cubfan06 wrote: I never really understood it fully, however this thread seems to be a microcosm of why your reputation as a chooch is valid.
Hey man... Chooch is a god. Don't you blasphemy 'round here!!

Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Clams wrote:
Cubfan06 wrote: I'm not going to argue the merits of whether or not Zip is a douche.
Douche might be a bit harsh, but I bet we could get a consensus on curmudgeon or sourpuss. :lol:
Nah, I just play one on the internet

TDB

Post by TDB »

Cubfan06 wrote:
TDB wrote:

thread of the year.

Hey Rev, it doesn't appear that you have exhausted all avenues. Perhaps you could offer a trade of a couple of those out of print, hot selling books that you had written about your partying experiences at DBT shows for a ticket to Friday or Saturday night. It was called Ticket Stubs or something such as that.
Or better idea, perhaps you can strike up the presses again and run another "book signing" event at The Flicker during this run prior to one of the shows. Obviously that was a huge hit the first time around.

I'm not going to argue the merits of whether or not Zip is a douche. I've never met the guy, however as a fellow Cubs fan and long time 9B and 3DD poster I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. What I can say is that I learned early on from the Athens meet ups before 40 Watt runs that your name isn't spoken quite as fondly as you may think. I never really understood it fully, however this thread seems to be a microcosm of why your reputation as a chooch is valid.

You have to be well over 40 and your Dad is still buying you Christmas gifts? And then you piss on it instead of being appreciative? The fact that you don't have tickets in hand is solely on you, still you have yet to go through any constructive means to get one. Perhaps you can try to stalk the members of the band on Facebook or wait outside their tour buss begging for a ticket. Maybe you can reach out to Shonna or Neff via Facebook repeatedly to see if they still have any connections to assist. At some point, maybe they'll just give up and mercilessly let that creepy Rev Todd guy in. The good news is that you haven't exhausted all avenues. Especially not the old ones that have been fruitful for you.
Good points, one and all, my friend. I SHOULD bring some books with me. That way I could EASILY pay $136 for a ticket that cost $35 and not give a shit about it. As for the public opinions regarding me, I most certainly don't give a fuck. I think we've met enough times for you to know that. I can't stand HALF the mutherfuckers that have been glomming up the rail for the last few years, so what do I care? I haven't stood in the middle since 2009 and only see them once or twice a year! It's just not that much fun anymore. If that makes me a "cooch", so be it. Now, to correct a few things. I already got a Thurs ticket..for FACE VALUE. One show is good enough for me. Secondly, I haven't asked for a freebie since Craig was alive and Mattador was still in charge. And when I did, they never hesitated. Why? According to both of them, "You've bought enough merch over the years". Now, I realize you were just being snarky with your other suggestions, that's ok. (Shonna and Neff don't get a guest list anymore, dummy :0) However, the slight about Dad giving me a present was kind of a dick move. He got RIPPED OFF! Why would I allow THAT to happen? And what does age have to do with it? Does YOUR family stop giving Christmas gifts to one another after a certain age? My Dad is 83 and Mom is 74 and I still buy them presents. What's your fucking point? Either way, I still have FRIENDS in Athens who are always willing to lend a hand. No band contact necessary. Finally, while you are willing to give Zip City a break, I can only speak from my personal experience. He's a dork. Hey Zip, why do you think it is I never gave you the time of day?

Now, I started this post bemoaning the fact that these shows are "SOLD OUT"....yet there are literally HUNDREDS of tickets available if you are willing to pay a 300% increase. THAT was my point. I wasn't bitching about not getting a ticket. That's NEVER been a problem for me. I'm just disappointed that our wonderful little community isn't up in arms over this disgusting show of corporate greed. So, by all means, feel free to bash me all you want for my comments. It matters not to me. Peace and Love.

"Rev" Todd Baker

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

TDB wrote: Finally, while you are willing to give Zip City a break, I can only speak from my personal experience. He's a dork. Hey Zip, why do you think it is I never gave you the time of day?
Based on the three words you spoke to me I'm a dork? I'm not the 50 year old with long hair

TDB

Post by TDB »

Zip City wrote:
TDB wrote: Finally, while you are willing to give Zip City a break, I can only speak from my personal experience. He's a dork. Hey Zip, why do you think it is I never gave you the time of day?
Based on the three words you spoke to me I'm a dork? I'm not the 50 year old with long hair
NO, DUMMY! It's based on TEN YEARS of stupid arguments with you on this fucking site.
Which is why there was NO NEED to speak with you, asshole!

BTW...I'm 48 and pretty happy to still have hair on my head with very little gray. Jealous much?

TDB

Post by TDB »

People with 15,000 posts shouldn't make fun of ANYBODY :0)
Get a life.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

48 years old and still dishing the middle school insults. Sad