New 2018 Tour Dates

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Vincent

Re: New 2018 Tour Dates

Post by Vincent »

Clams wrote:
gepman wrote:Odd that the 3/28 date isn't DC... The DE and Philly shows are only about 35 miles apart...??
No DC show? By the time these dates roll around, it'll have been > 1 years since the last one.

Mar 26, 2018 Charlottesville, VA: Jefferson Theater
Mar 28, 2018 Wilmington, DE: The Queen
Mar 29, 2018 Brooklyn, NY: Brooklyn Bowl
Mar 30, 2018 Brooklyn, NY: Brooklyn Bowl
Mar 31, 2018 Philadelphia, PA: Union Transfer
Apr 2, 2018 State College, PA: The State Theatre
I was thinking the same thing about the Philly and Wilmington DE shows. But anyway I'll be at both!
No road trip to Happy Valley?
Dave

guitarmanmcs

Post by guitarmanmcs »

State College. I'm in.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Cubfan06 wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Cubfan06 wrote:Awesome. I wish it was The Vic, but I'll look forward to seeing them at Thalia Hall!
It is a truly beautiful hall, and they checked my luggage for me so I could leave from there directly. A class act! I'll have to consider making these somehow.
Cubfan06 wrote:It looks like Erika Wennerstrom from Heartless Bastards is opening solo acoustic, which is an added plus.
I'd sure like to like them better than I do--I don't dislike them, I just haven't loved them--and maybe this will turn the trick.
Thalia Hall has better sight lines and is a better sounding room in general. So those are two huge pluses for seeing a DBT show. While Pilsen is an up and coming neighborhood, I just like the ritualistic nostalgia the Chicago crew showing up and catching up pre-show at Matilda's without any prior coordination. Lakeview is a cool neighborhood and the Vic is a cool old subjectively- beautiful dump. I've remembered some fantastic DBT shows there in the past and have had some that are hazily fantastic. I've laughed, I've puked, and I've cried. It's hard to let nostalgia go.
I'm excited to see some DBT in Chicago though!

Yeah, lots of memories at the Vic -- Halloween, go-go dancers, etc. And its only a few miles from my house. But the Thalia is a smaller, better room in almost every other respect. And there are many cool places to eat & drink in or near Pilsen. Good times will be had.

Agerst1574

Post by Agerst1574 »

In for Brooklyn Bowl for 3/29. Crazy day (s) as I have tickets for opening day tickets for the Mets earlier in the day and flying for a cruise the following day. Brooklyn Bowl is a fantastic venue for them.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

My tickets for the show 2 weeks from today finally arrived. 6th row, not bad. I'm excited. Hoping my body allows me to go to this one. Kind of questionable right now.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:My tickets for the show 2 weeks from today finally arrived. 6th row, not bad. I'm excited. Hoping my body allows me to go to this one. Kind of questionable right now.
Here's hoping!!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Missing First Ave due to a wedding. Bummer, as it's one of my favorite venues and DBT always does it right there.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Iowan wrote:Missing First Ave due to a wedding. Bummer, as it's one of my favorite venues and DBT always does it right there.
A wedding? Send a gift and tell them 'it was a lovely ceremony'. They'll never know. Always go to the Rock Show.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

pearlbeer wrote:
Iowan wrote:Missing First Ave due to a wedding. Bummer, as it's one of my favorite venues and DBT always does it right there.
A wedding? Send a gift and tell them 'it was a lovely ceremony'. They'll never know. Always go to the Rock Show.
Wisdom from Texas: Oxymoron?

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

pearlbeer wrote:
I'm a groomsman.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
chuckrh wrote:My tickets for the show 2 weeks from today finally arrived. 6th row, not bad. I'm excited. Hoping my body allows me to go to this one. Kind of questionable right now.
Here's hoping!!
Thanks Bubba. Hope you enjoy your Super Bowl (again!). I have a feeling that next year the Texans are going to be seriously in play. Think that Deshaun Watson may be a special player if he can stay healthy. My Seahawks are going to be back. They've turned over all of the main assistants, so will look different. I hear the words "Air Coryell" & get excited. Always liked that offense. & Ken Norton back with Pete Carroll could be a very good thing. They should've made him DC when Dan Quinn left.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

beantownbubba wrote:
pearlbeer wrote:
Hey, easy there, Townie. I'm from Austin, which shouldn't be lumped into the larger context of Texas. ;)

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I realize it's a long shot, but if anyone from my area is headed up to the Truman Friday, I'd love to catch a ride.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

pearlbeer wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
pearlbeer wrote:
Hey, easy there, Townie. I'm from Austin, which shouldn't be lumped into the larger context of Texas. ;)
And my comment shouldn't be lumped into the larger context of reasonable posts. I hope it's obvious that I was aiming at humor but I took a right at stupidity. Apologies to all, especially the gentleman from Austin.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

beantownbubba wrote:
And my comment shouldn't be lumped into the larger context of reasonable posts. I hope it's obvious that I was aiming at humor but I took a right at stupidity. Apologies to all, especially the gentleman from Austin.
Ha. Certainly no need for apology. Texas: the home of Willie Nelson and Ted Cruz. So, yeah....oxymoron. Real emphasis on the moron part for Senator Cruz.

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Anyone have setlists for Sioux Falls and Missoula ?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:Anyone have setlists for Sioux Falls and Missoula ?
I'm not 100% certain (I surf faster than i think), but I think I saw a set list for at least one of those shows on the DBT FB page.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

beantownbubba wrote:Lots of temptation here, particularly Brooklyn, Toronto and Chitown. Excellent memories of shows & good times in To and Chicago and I especially loved the Thalia and the bar/restaurant attached. Too early to say what might be possible, though.
Not surprisingly, I was a bit giddy and optimistic when the shows were announced. But now definitely (as in tix purchased) in for both nites in Brooklyn. I will say that playing a show in Brooklyn on the first night of Passover takes chutzpah :lol: but I actually worked it out. My mother might not be happy but I'm satisfied. Not sure about Thurs, but I'll definitely have at least something of a crew in tow on Friday including a special guest appearance by Mrs. Bubba and Bubba Jr & his wife. :D :D We'll be the ones eating matzoh & sneaking Manischewitz from a flask ;)

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

beantownbubba wrote:We'll be the ones sneaking Manischewitz from a flask ;)
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Then my work here is done, WWCD.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

beantownbubba wrote:Then my work here is done, WWCD.
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Mundane Mayhem wrote: 3.24 – Wilmington, NC
3.25 – Norfolk
Tickets purchased and rooms booked for these shows in a few weeks. Hopefully I'll make it through these shows without getting dropped by a virus...unlike fucking Homecoming
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Hud

Post by Hud »

Weather is shaping up for Wilmington .....only 20% chance of rain, low 52.

saw tickets are on sale for tedeschi/trucks with DBT opening this summer
I've seen my future and I'm scared to close my eyes

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

This will be your only warning: The Boston crew + hangers on is confirmed for Friday. Including me, we'll be 8.

Clams, you in for thursday?

Clams

Post by Clams »

beantownbubba wrote:This will be your only warning: The Boston crew + hangers on is confirmed for Friday. Including me, we'll be 8.

Negative, only Wilmington and Philly for me. The good news is I expect to have the wife and at least one kid at each of these shows.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Flea

Post by Flea »

Clams wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:This will be your only warning: The Boston crew + hangers on is confirmed for Friday. Including me, we'll be 8.

Negative, only Wilmington and Philly for me. The good news is I expect to have the wife and at least one kid at each of these shows.
You have a strange conception of "good news".
Now it's dark.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Flea wrote:
Clams wrote:

You have a strange conception of "good news".
Lol

Clams

Post by Clams »

Since Erika Wennerstrom (of Heartless Bastards) is opening this tour, I thought I'd mention that her new record Sweet Unknown is out today and it's on Spotify.

https://open.spotify.com/album/45lwVKmk ... vF4HxiF27A

Whispering Pines

Post by Whispering Pines »

"By the time we got to Woodstock." The Truckers have slipped a Thursday July 5 date at the Colony in Woodstock between Tedeschi Trucks gigs in Saratoga and Hartford. (My band plays the first Thursday of every month at a pizza joint in Woodstock. Think July might call for a "second-Thursday" gig.) The last time the Truckers were in town was to play a set at Levon Helm's barn. Frankly, I think the slightly larger Bearsville Theater would have been a better fit, but the Colony (capacity around 200) should be a trip.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Whispering Pines wrote: Frankly, I think the slightly larger Bearsville Theater would have been a better fit, but the Colony (capacity around 200) should be a trip.
Wow, I had no idea they still booked and played venues of that size.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.