Heathens Homecoming 2018

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

brett27295

Re: Heathens Homecoming 2018

Post by brett27295 »

nowigotworry wrote:Anyone know when tickets are on sale? I don't have FB and don't want to miss an announcement.
Just a friendly warning...don't freak out if the presale "sells out", it usually does in a few hours. It happens every year and then the regular sale through the 40 Watt starts a few days later and everyone gets their tickets. There isn't any difference between presale tickets and regular tickets.

Usually tickets don't sell out until 2 months or so after they go on sale. And they usually sell out in reverse order: Saturday, Friday, Thursday.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

nowigotworry

Post by nowigotworry »

brett27295 wrote:
nowigotworry wrote:Anyone know when tickets are on sale? I don't have FB and don't want to miss an announcement.
Just a friendly warning...don't freak out if the presale "sells out", it usually does in a few hours. It happens every year and then the regular sale through the 40 Watt starts a few days later and everyone gets their tickets. There isn't any difference between presale tickets and regular tickets.

Usually tickets don't sell out until 2 months or so after they go on sale. And they usually sell out in reverse order: Saturday, Friday, Thursday.
Thanks...the last time I made it to Athens was 2014, and with the hotels already sold out I thought maybe this had grown in popularity more than I had realized. Booked my AirBnB earlier today so it looks like this upcoming one should be a go.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Hotel: Check
Airline: Check

Just waiting on those tix and already crossing my fingers about the weather.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I just saw posted that folks have been able to book at the Holiday Inn Downtown. They must have opened up some rooms, I'd get on it if you're looking.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Bryan (father-in-law) and I are in for our second Homecoming. We will buy tickets as soon as they are released. Since neither of us are on Facebook we may not get them as early as some, but we didn't have a problem last year. Since the Days and the Courtyard were both booked, Bryan initially reserved a room at America's Best Value Inn, but we just switched to the Best Western.

Both are further than we were from the 40 Watt staying in the Courtyard last year. We were surprised neither the Courtyard nor Dazed had avaliablity.

I'd like to come in early but have to work. Like last year, I'm planning to arrive Thursday pm in time for the show (hope Atlanta traffic cooperates) and stay through the weekend.

I'm looking forward to seeing my heathen brethren/DBT Mafia!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Beaverdam wrote:Bryan (father-in-law) and I are in for our second Homecoming. We will buy tickets as soon as they are released. Since neither of us are on Facebook we may not get them as early as some, but we didn't have a problem last year. Since the Days and the Courtyard were both booked, Bryan initially reserved a room at America's Best Value Inn, but we just switched to the Best Western.

Both are further than we were from the 40 Watt staying in the Courtyard last year. We were surprised neither the Courtyard nor Dazed had avaliablity.

I'd like to come in early but have to work. Like last year, I'm planning to arrive Thursday pm in time for the show (hope Atlanta traffic cooperates) and stay through the weekend.

I'm looking forward to seeing my heathen brethren/DBT Mafia!
You might want to check out the Holiday Inn. It’s right downtown and it sounds like they’ve opened up some rooms

nowigotworry

Post by nowigotworry »

Beaverdam wrote:Bryan initially reserved a room at America's Best Value Inn, but we just switched to the Best Western.
The Best Western is now fully booked, as well. Is there something else big going on in Athens that weekend...?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

nowigotworry wrote:
Beaverdam wrote:Bryan initially reserved a room at America's Best Value Inn, but we just switched to the Best Western.
The Best Western is now fully booked, as well. Is there something else big going on in Athens that weekend...?
Several things notably parents weekend and an educators conference

wordmeester

Post by wordmeester »

Any word on if/when the DBTs will announce room blocks?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

wordmeester wrote:Any word on if/when the DBTs will announce room blocks?
Probably not going to happen. Rooms are very scarce in Athens for that weekend. I would book whatever you can.

wordmeester

Post by wordmeester »

Thanks for the intel, TC... booked at the Courtyard two months back... was hoping to grab the discount, but so be it. Surfing for airfare now and waiting on the show tix.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

wordmeester wrote:Thanks for the intel, TC... booked at the Courtyard two months back... was hoping to grab the discount, but so be it. Surfing for airfare now and waiting on the show tix.
You can try to talk them into the discount, it's worked before but as full as they are it may not this year. I don't think there's been a formal relationship for several years.

wordmeester

Post by wordmeester »

Spoke to the Marriott; couple of things worth noting...

1. There are conflicting UGA and other events that weekend
2. Marriott is making renovations to the joint which has reduced the number of rooms available
3. DBTs inquired about a room block for its Heathens but Marriott could not do it, given the reasons above.
4. They are completely sold out, and discounts have been locked out in their system.

Thankfully, I booked with a AAA member discount in early September or I might be sleeping in my rental car.

Airfare and rental car to come...

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

wordmeester wrote:Spoke to the Marriott; couple of things worth noting...

1. There are conflicting UGA and other events that weekend
2. Marriott is making renovations to the joint which has reduced the number of rooms available
3. DBTs inquired about a room block for its Heathens but Marriott could not do it, given the reasons above.
4. They are completely sold out, and discounts have been locked out in their system.

Thankfully, I booked with a AAA member discount in early September or I might be sleeping in my rental car.

Airfare and rental car to come...
Yeah, I called them a month or so ago as well. They had signed contracts with a couple of groups. The interesting thing is that Holiday Inn told me the same thing and then opened up a few rooms. Listen, we're all going to get there but for those without rooms be creative, look at AirBnBs and keep checking hotels to see if something opens up. I have 2 rooms reserved at the Wingate by Windham that I won't use. I think one is spoken for but the other is free I think, not 100% sure though. PM if you're interested.

wordmeester

Post by wordmeester »

I'm good at the Marriott, and thank you for the offer. Hopefully you can help out another Heathen. I looked today out of curiosity at AirBnb and there are several options not far from downtown.

Dr. John told me once you been to HC, you'll want to go every year... he was exactly right and that's my plan for as long as my bag of bones can get me there...

I just wish HC was tomorrow... already getting the fever for it.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

wordmeester wrote:I'm good at the Marriott, and thank you for the offer. Hopefully you can help out another Heathen. I looked today out of curiosity at AirBnb and there are several options not far from downtown.

Dr. John told me once you been to HC, you'll want to go every year... he was exactly right and that's my plan for as long as my bag of bones can get me there...

I just wish HC was tomorrow... already getting the fever for it.
this will be my tenth in a row and my wife's eleventh, so yeah jonicont is wise. :D Always go to the show.

alquina
Location: Indiana girl from a town a man with a "T" wrote a song about!

Post by alquina »

Highlight of the whole damn year, can't wait!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Boots On Again

Post by Boots On Again »

I just booked Holiday Inn Express yesterday but could only get Fri-Sun. Nothing available starting Thursday.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

I'm in, likely just Fri and Sat though. Will lock in an Air BNB later today. I did 2012 and 2015, common sense and decency would dictate that it's time to show my face again.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Gaetzi wrote:I'm in, likely just Fri and Sat though. Will lock in an Air BNB later today. I did 2012 and 2015, common sense and decency would dictate that it's time to show my face again.
Always go to the show

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

The hotel issues remind me of a dream I had a while back in which a new Homecoming trend had started.

In this dream, I got to the 40 Watt on Thursday night and found that most people in line waiting to get in had brought along sleeping bags. Everyone planned to just crash on the floor there after the show every night. People were very excited about it. I kept trying to explain why it was a really bad idea, but folks insisted it would be great.
Let the outside air in

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

schlanky wrote:The hotel issues remind me of a dream I had a while back in which a new Homecoming trend had started.

In this dream, I got to the 40 Watt on Thursday night and found that most people in line waiting to get in had brought along sleeping bags. Everyone planned to just crash on the floor there after the show every night. People were very excited about it. I kept trying to explain why it was a really bad idea, but folks insisted it would be great.
:lol: :lol: That's awesome. I'd sleep at Flicker if they'd let me.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

1. Tequila Cowboy
2. Lurleen McQueen
3. Cooley Girl
4. Uncle Rickey
5. Jonicont
6. Glennrwordman
7. Sterling Bigmouth
8. njMark
9. brett27295
10. Jack Flash
11. Emily
12. pearlbeer
13. Agerst1574
14. RolanK
15. LBRod
16. wordmeester
18. Mundane Mayhem
19. beantownbubba
20. bezerkerlurker
21. schlanky
22. nowigotworry
23. Beaverdam
24. Beaverdamsfinlaw
25. alquina
26. Boots On Again
27. Gaetzi
Always go to the show

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
wordmeester wrote:Dr. John told me once you been to HC, you'll want to go every year
so yeah jonicont is wise. :D Always go to the show.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Always go to the show

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

schlanky wrote: In this dream, I got to the 40 Watt on Thursday night and found that most people in line waiting to get in had brought along sleeping bags. Everyone planned to just crash on the floor there after the show every night. People were very excited about it. I kept trying to explain why it was a really bad idea, but folks insisted it would be great.
Tyler is already in line for Night 1.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

From last year

Always go to the show

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Jonicont wrote:From last year

Rock stars today ain't half as real.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Clams

Post by Clams »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Image
Hey now
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck