Will The "The Darkened Flags Tour" Will Be Extended?

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Zip Up to Michigan

Will The "The Darkened Flags Tour" Will Be Extended?

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

The tour went a little over a year so I can see it going either way at this point. Although, the band seems to be in a great place, new songs are coming out and there are still some big cities that weren't hit the last year.

Anyone heard any word or want to speculate ?

Zip City

Re: Will The "The Darkened Flags Tour" Will Be Extended?

Post by Zip City »

Their Facebook page said that the Denver show was the last rock show of the year, so unless they announce a leg in early 2018, the tour is over
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

The band originally said it would be an 18-month touring cycle for this record. That would take us through the end of March 2018. We already know that Homecoming will be held in February 2018. I would guess they will have some other shows as well in February-March. We'll see.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

I could see a western swing in the early part of next year -- by then, it will be over 15 months since their October 2016 dates.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

I would assume there will be another leg around the Homecoming dates. I suppose eventually the "Darkened Flags" tour will end but really in name only. They tour on a regular basis whether they are truly promoting an album or not.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Eyes Above It

Post by Eyes Above It »

brett27295 wrote:I would assume there will be another leg around the Homecoming dates. I suppose eventually the "Darkened Flags" tour will end but really in name only. They tour on a regular basis whether they are truly promoting an album or not.
Yeah they'll be back on the road, I don't think they can afford to stop touring for any length of time.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Their business model requires regular touring and it's hard to see that changing anytime soon. Call it the darkened flags tour, call it the never-ending tour, call it just gigging around, whatever, DBT's going to be on the road on a regular basis for a while. The difference compared to a few years ago, and it's a crucial one for the bandmembers, is that they take regular reasonably lengthy breaks, good for sanity, good for the families.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

beantownbubba wrote:Their business model requires regular touring and it's hard to see that changing anytime soon.
And with the momentum of American Band, I think it's safe to say they'll take a break, then get right back out there.

As Cooley said* at the start of Homecoming a few years ago: "We're just traveling t shirt salesmen, motherfuckers."

*or something very close to this.
Let the outside air in

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

schlanky wrote: As Cooley said* at the start of Homecoming a few years ago: "We're just traveling t shirt salesmen, motherfuckers."
That was one of my favorite openings to a show ever and one of my favorite Cooleyisms. And all joking aside it's a somewhat accurate statement. Merch sales are a big money maker for bands. I do disagree on Cooley about one thing though, they are much more than just t-shirt salesmen lol.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

brett27295 wrote:I do disagree on Cooley about one thing though, they are much more than just t-shirt salesmen lol.
But you have to admit they're pretty damn good at it :) And this seems like as good a moment as any to mention how much I miss Craig.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard