Port Chester,NY

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Gang Green

Port Chester,NY

Post by Gang Green »

I tried to make Jersey work but couldn't.

But I'm in for Port Chester.

Any other takers?

Flea

Re: Port Chester,NY

Post by Flea »

Yep.
Now it's dark.

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Flea wrote:Yep.
Flea in Westchester, a scary yet intriguing prospect.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Gang Green wrote:
Flea wrote:Yep.
Flea in Westchester, a scary yet intriguing prospect.
It's only scary if you indulge in the brown acid.
Now it's dark.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

In
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

phungi

Post by phungi »

Can't miss this cast of HeAthens, IN
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

In.
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

RMD

Post by RMD »

In.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

In. Love this venue!
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

pearlysnaps

Post by pearlysnaps »

In! The sitter is booked and I'm in dire need of a Rock Show.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

The Guns of Umpqua
Ramon Casiano
Darkened Flags On The Cusp of Dawn
72 (This Highway’s Mean)
Days of Graduation
Ronnie and Neil
Surrender Under Protest
The Perilous Night
A Ghost to Most
The Living Bubba
Panties in Your Purse
The Waiting
Filthy and Fried
The Righteous Path
Kinky Hypocrite
The KKK Took My Baby Away
Sinkhole
Made Up English Oceans
What It Means
Birthday Boy
Girls Who Smoke
Marry Me
Southern Accents—>
Ever South
3 Dimes Down
Let There Be Rock
Zip City
Hell No, I Ain’t Happy

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Wow, what a terrific show. They are on fire. Fantastic.

The venue had 1 asshole security guy. He started off by yelling at Luke for dropping an empty cup on the floor. He hustled over to us from his spot to say there was a garbage can right there. He delivered the message angrily. I have no issue with asking us to use the trash can we didn’t see, but he didn’t need to be an asshat about it. Next, he kicked out PearlySnaps very early in the set for a stupid reason. Then Patterson was passing out some lyrics sheets to the crowd & one page landed on the floor & in front of the photographer’s well. The meathead walked over & picked it up, crumpled it up & threw it away. Finally, Patterson handed be the bottle of tequila (Casamigos tonight, my favorite). We shared a few sips & then the jackass came over & confiscated it. That was the last straw. They probably edited this out of the stream but if not, the person cursing & giving double birds was me. I think I may have surprised the band with my actions. They were also cracking up as they don’t see me get mad that often. Patterson was funny, he walked to the edge of the stage & purposely handed a
lyric sheet to me for “Heroin Again” which was not played tonight.
Other than the asshole, it was a spectacular night.
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

CooleyGirl wrote:Wow, what a terrific show. They are on fire. Fantastic.

The venue had 1 asshole security guy. He started off by yelling at Luke for dropping an empty cup on the floor. He hustled over to us from his spot to say there was a garbage can right there. He delivered the message angrily. I have no issue with asking us to use the trash can we didn’t see, but he didn’t need to be an asshat about it. Next, he kicked out PearlySnaps very early in the set for a stupid reason. Then Patterson was passing out some lyrics sheets to the crowd & one page landed on the floor & in front of the photographer’s well. The meathead walked over & picked it up, crumpled it up & threw it away. Finally, Patterson handed be the bottle of tequila (Casamigos tonight, my favorite). We shared a few sips & then the jackass came over & confiscated it. That was the last straw. They probably edited this out of the stream but if not, the person cursing & giving double birds was me. I think I may have surprised the band with my actions. They were also cracking up as they don’t see me get mad that often. Patterson was funny, he walked to the edge of the stage & purposely handed a

handed a what?
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Damn CG that is ridiculous. Despite all that, saw you guys on the stream. Looked like you were having a good time and the band did kick out the jams last night!

On to The Festy!
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Wait--Pearlysnaps was kicked out of the venue?
Always go to the show

pearlysnaps

Post by pearlysnaps »

Jonicont wrote:Wait--Pearlysnaps was kicked out of the venue?
Aye. Apparently a venue with a rich history of hosting the Dead, and with a bar named Garcia's, doesn't much appreciate a guy discreetly taking a puff of weed at a rock show. They made me sit out front until my wife picked me up in her car. I feel terrible because it ended her night, too.

pearlysnaps

Post by pearlysnaps »

Man, it looks like we missed out on a MF-er of a set, to boot. :evil:

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

^^Well I was really glad to see you guys for as long as we got, even if it was cut short. What was especially frustrating about it was you were FAR from the only person there indulging. Ugh.

pearlysnaps

Post by pearlysnaps »

It was good to see you folks, too, man. Ugh, indeed.

Yaz Rock

Post by Yaz Rock »

Sounds like a great show and bummed I had to miss it - local show, and I had to work. Boo. And they played a bunch of tunes I've not yet heard live but would love to, 72, Panties in Your Purse, and of course the TP covers... Too bad about those who had bad experiences. The Cap is a great venue, great sound, lighting, historic place, but I get an uneasy vibe there. Seen a few fights (one was right after the DBT show in 2013) and I've also found security to be especially unfriendly.

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Compare and contrast the 40 Watt. You should have busted out some Kendrick on them: Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

A spectacular asshole, was he. I think he was also the one who yelled "all lives matter!" early in the show.

I'm going to write a note to the GM there, who I met before the show. I can speak "theater manager". Because most of the rest of the staff were perfectly pleasant. If a staff person can't handle the lyrical content of artists the venue contracts to appear, they should ask off shift.

But it was a fantastic show. Got my "Ghost to Most" fix, and the set list was really, really good. Cooley's vocals sounded AMAZING; there were vocal fills at the front of the stage, and you could hear every voice crystal clear. And Cooley was just right on, all night. Really good to see everyone.
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

I saw the lyrics sheet bullshit go down while watching the live stream last night. I thought that is what I saw go down. What a dick. His "dickness" was probably amplified by the content in DBT's songs as well as Patterson's and Cooley's banter between songs. I believe he was the one standing stage left, yes? The one with the pronounced gut.

Just from the stories on here and how he carries himself in the footage I think this guy could easily be the protagonist in "Used To Be A Cop".
I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry...BUT I AIN'T SORRY!

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

potatoeater wrote:I saw the lyrics sheet bullshit go down while watching the live stream last night. I thought that is what I saw go down. What a dick. His "dickness" was probably amplified by the content in DBT's songs as well as Patterson's and Cooley's banter between songs. I believe he was the one standing stage left, yes? The one with the pronounced gut.

Just from the stories on here and how he carries himself in the footage I think this guy could easily be the protagonist in "Used To Be A Cop".
His Dad was the protagonist in "Used to Be A Cop".

Yeah, that's the guy. Aggro from the get go.

Whispering Pines

Post by Whispering Pines »

I must admit that the announcement of a webcast of the Port Chester show had me hesitating about making a four-hour roundtrip when I could watch the rock show from the couch. But something about this hellish week got me into the car, and the Truckers made good on Patterson's opening wish that "we leave here feeling better." There were plenty of personal highlights, including the ever-wicked combo of "Birthday Boy" and "Girls Who Smoke" and the way the buoyant "The KKK Took My Baby Away" segued into a particularly mesmerizing "Sinkhole. I couldn't help but chuckle at the way "The Perilous Night" had the crowd dancing in the darkness. I was also struck by how how Patterson was less verbal than usual; instead, he let a heartfelt cover of "The Waiting," the lacing of "Southern Accents" into "Ever South," and a shout-out in "Let There Be Rock" serve as a tribute to Tom Petty; meanwhile, the righteous anger of the band's political songs spoke eloquently to the massacre in Las Vegas. I was a little bummed that the band drew less of a crowd than at their last show at the Capitol (with the Old 97s), but the Truckers evinced no disappointment, and maybe that's why "The Living Bubba" brought tears to my eyes. You can't give up, because there's always another show. And so it was that driving up the New York State Throughway in the wee, wee hours, I once more found solace in the fact that a world of hurt doesn't mean that you can't be glad to be alive.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

^^Well said, amigo. Great seeing you as always.

Re: the aggro bouncer man, his rage was so out of place last night. The crowd (as far as I could tell) was friendly and really into the music. I didn’t notice any of the pushy drunken shenanigans that you sometimes see. But he wasn’t in the mood for any of us longhairs, I guess. When he came over to get the cups that I dropped I apologized profusely and genuinely (I really and truly didn’t see the trash can behind the photographer’s well) but he stomped off without really looking at me. Oh well.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

uncle rickey wrote:^^Well said, amigo. Great seeing you as always.

Re: the aggro bouncer man, his rage was so out of place last night. The crowd (as far as I could tell) was friendly and really into the music. I didn’t notice any of the pushy drunken shenanigans that you sometimes see. But he wasn’t in the mood for any of us longhairs, I guess. When he came over to get the cups that I dropped I apologized profusely and genuinely (I really and truly didn’t see the trash can behind the photographer’s well) but he stomped off without really looking at me. Oh well.
dude sounds like one of the infamous/sometimes deadly (literally) "yellow jackets" who worked at Brendan Byrne and Giants Stadium :x :x :x Those fucks were the worst
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

uncle rickey wrote:^^Well said, amigo. Great seeing you as always.

He sounds worse than the off-duty cop moonlighting as security at the lyric in b'ham last year. That dude sounds like he might have been an off-duty as well. Wish I could've seen Sarah giving him his due.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

RMD

Post by RMD »

Great show, probably in my top five. Surprisingly, I am pretty certain, my first 72 and Days Of Graduation, which was just sinister sounding. I needed a rock show and the boys did not disappoint .

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Smitty wrote:
uncle rickey wrote:Wish I could've seen Sarah giving him his due.
It was epic. Double bird, if I remember correctly, as it sailed over my head and hopefully struck Aggro Boy in the back of his.