Tonight!

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

Tonight!

Post by Swamp »

In
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Zip Up to Michigan

Re: Tonight!

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Setlist?

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:Setlist?
yeah yeah it's not like I wasn't going to hear about Michigan today, my dad is a Michigan fan.(and despises the SEC)
More on Wolverines later in the "tales"

Sorrt yall, this being one of those high faluting affairs I thought it would be a short set and I could remember it. Also I wasn't planning on drinking any hard stuff. Wrong and wrong. We get there and there's a special drink of the night, the "DBT".
They had me at Dickle black label ! Then add some gin and blackberry tea. Luckily they were $10 a pop or I would of had more than I needed.
The set was alot longer than I expected which was a plesant surprise. We did get "Nine Bullets" and Patterson encouraged the crowd to sing along even if they didn't know the words. Patterson sang R & N to us with a fist bump at the end. About 6 songs off AB. The band was tatally on fire.
I've been working on a new story for the "tales" I'm calling Dead Drunk and Naked.
4th song in followed by GMU. Another coincidence, also earlier in the day I had been wearing my old 9b shirt but nobody seen me in it. At the end we got "Hell No" with SOTT in the middle. Two thirds of the crowd had no clue. Mrs Swamp over heard during a bathroom run. One girl "I don't know who this band is but that guy on the right is really hot, the way he flips his hair around" Other girl "yeah and that guy in the back grinning is on some good acid" :lol: Anyways this is your drunkin swamp report coming to you from some island off the coast of Georgia.

Also the opening act is going places. The Whiskey Gentry. Bought their vinyl.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

More coincidences. I had brought my Kentucky Headhuters bandana thinking I might wear it. I never put it on but it was in my pocket. I met a guy that brought them up and said they were playing Waycross at the end of the month. I can't wait!
Also on a sad note, DBT played "Let There be Rock" last night before we knew. RIP Dave Hlubek

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

While Cooley already looked the part, it's coming back in bits and pieces, the band went full on punk during "thel KKK Took my Baby Away"

Speaking of Matt, I wore my Dreamland shirt as a nod to him. Later Mrs Swamp tells me he's a vegitarian.

Yeah and I know you people from around there don't like Dreamland :roll: