Dallas Sept 2010 Roll Call

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

4sooner

Re: Dallas Sept 2010 Roll Call

Post by 4sooner »

Hope everone has a great time. All alongI had planned to drive down for this today, but things just didn't work out the way I had it planned. Here I sit at work on what is really weekend off. :evil:
Throw one back for us!

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

right NOW?
NSFW

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

Damn right RIGHT NOW!!
And don't stop til the 26th.

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

Just finished my six-mile run. Fixin' to jump in the shower and point Ole Bessie down I20 to Big D. What the fuck, right. We only live once. Let's do the damn thing.
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

This gal^^^^^^ :D :D :D :D
NSFW

Josh F

Post by Josh F »

Hope you all are having a great time in Dallas! I got to see Widespread Panic for the millionth time tonight...would rather have been at a DBT show.

uncle rickey

Post by uncle rickey »

Hey everybody. It's late so I'll be brief... so many good people at Dallas made tonight an especially wonderful time. The set list:

4th Night of My Drinking
Where the Devil Don't Stay
Drag the Lake Charlie
Self-Destructive Zones
Sinkhole
Uncle Frank
The Wig He Made Her Wear
Birthday Boy
Two Daughters and a Beautiful Wife
A Ghost to Most
Bulldozers and Dirt
Love Like This
Feb. 14
3 Dimes Down
(It's Gonna Be) I Told You So
Get Downtown
Life in the Factory
Lookout Mountain
Encore:
Zip City
Ray's Automatic Weapon
Shut Up and Get on the Plane
Hell No, I Ain't Happy
Buttholeville-->
State Trooper

Clams

Post by Clams »

uncle rickey wrote:Hey everybody. It's late so I'll be brief... so many good people at Dallas made tonight an especially wonderful time. The set list:

4th Night of My Drinking
Drag the Lake Charlie
Self-Destructive Zones
Sinkhole
Uncle Frank
The Wig He Made Her Wear
Birthday Boy
A Ghost to Most
Bulldozers and Dirt
Love Like This
Feb. 14
3 Dimes Down
Get Downtown
Life in the Factory
Lookout Mountain
Encore:
Zip City
Ray's Automatic Weapon
Hell No, I Ain't Happy
Buttholeville-->
State Trooper

Good to know the setlist but I'm much more interested in the shenanigans. :)
If you don't run you rust

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

Clams wrote:
uncle rickey wrote:Hey everybody. It's late so I'll be brief... so many good people at Dallas made tonight an especially wonderful time. The set list:

4th Night of My Drinking
Drag the Lake Charlie
Self-Destructive Zones
Sinkhole
Uncle Frank
The Wig He Made Her Wear
Birthday Boy
A Ghost to Most
Bulldozers and Dirt
Love Like This
Feb. 14
3 Dimes Down
Get Downtown
Life in the Factory
Lookout Mountain
Encore:
Zip City
Ray's Automatic Weapon
Hell No, I Ain't Happy
Buttholeville-->
State Trooper

Good to know the setlist but I'm much more interested in the shenanigans. :)

me too!!!!!!
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Well not too many shenanigans to report, but it was good group, we had a lot of laughs and we got one hell of a ROCK show. Patterson seemed to be having an especially good night. 3DD took up the vast majority of the rail so we were right there to take it all in. Met some new folks including boyyourself and his friends. got reacquainted with FNW's friend Hal and probably met a few others I'm forgetting. Nice people one and all. Lurleen left the show early to catch Slobberbone across town and the rest of us joined her for the tail end of that show later. It was a true privilege to be in Dallas with so many good friends and smiling faces.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

StevieRay
Location: A rougher ride but I saw more interesting people there

Post by StevieRay »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Lurleen left the show early to catch Slobberbone across town and the rest of us joined her for the tail end of that show later.

DBT rock show with a Slobberbone nightcap? That is powerful medicine!

derekgroves

Post by derekgroves »

It was brought to my attention that apparently the site admin had a problem with my posting my pics on here. Apparently, under the impression I intended to sell them.

I'd be happy to let anyone on the forum have any pics they want for nothing, just PM and I'll send you a password.

If this is still a problem I'd be happy to take my pics elsewhere. I just thought everyone might enjoying seeing them. I'm a long time fan who just happens to enjoy photography on the side.

I don't make a living off of photography, but like any artist everyone appreciates a little something for their efforts. So yeah, the pics will remain for sell on my gallery for those one or two people who may want a physical print. No one's forcing anyone to buy anything.

Hope this appeases the powers to be.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Fun night. You know it will be something else when you get Devil Don't Stay early on. We had a table for 12 at El Fenix before the show which was made up of 8 3dd people and some friends. That was a great way to start the night. Aside from FNW knocking over a chair, we behaved ourselves. Of course, once we got in line, 1.5 hours before doors, it was all over. Our conversations turned X rated pretty quickly, much to the dismay of the fans of the other concert going on at HOB that night. Somebody help me out with the name of the other concert? The fans of that show were wearing uniforms, it seemed, Hawaiian shirts for the men, Wig He made Her Wear boots for the ladies. You could pretty much tell whose fans were whose just by looking. And to quote boyyourself, they smell nice!
We eventually got in and as TC said, 3dd lined the rail. The set list speaks for itself. Solid night, high energy, all of us shouting along and having fun. I didn't notice any meatheads, which was fantastic. I did have a random lady climbing my back during a few songs but chalked it up to just having fun. At one point, Damon brought out tequila shots for the band. Cooley says, wait a minute, what just happened, who was that large man? There was plenty of beer and wine on stage and 2 bottles of jack, though I didn't really see anyone drinking it.

We ran over to see slobberbone after the show, but just made it in time to see a few covers. It was still fun, especially since I got a chance to shake hands with Brent Best post-show.
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

su6oxone

Post by su6oxone »

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

derekgroves wrote:It was brought to my attention that apparently the site admin had a problem with my posting my pics on here. Apparently, under the impression I intended to sell them.

I'd be happy to let anyone on the forum have any pics they want for nothing, just PM and I'll send you a password.

If this is still a problem I'd be happy to take my pics elsewhere. I just thought everyone might enjoying seeing them. I'm a long time fan who just happens to enjoy photography on the side.

I don't make a living off of photography, but like any artist everyone appreciates a little something for their efforts. So yeah, the pics will remain for sell on my gallery for those one or two people who may want a physical print. No one's forcing anyone to buy anything.

Hope this appeases the powers to be.

Well newbie, I guess you haven't been around long enough to understand the gestalt of this playground. No one who comes here would ever think of trying to make a buck off the bands name. The only merchandise we would allow to be publicized here is 1) official band merch or 2) merch from someone who has an agreement with the band.

BTW--nice shots
Always go to the show

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Nice!! quality Phil.. Thanx
Always go to the show

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

It wasn't a chair, it was an empty tray and the stand it was on. :D :D :D And the waiter offered me another beer, so I couldn't have been that bad. The other folks waiting in line were at the venue to see Henry Kopono, The Wild Hawaiian, which may explain all the Tommy Bahama shirts.

We encountered some chick that had been in Austin with CG, UR, & Bill. She recognized me from the Gruene Hall show back in March, but I have no idea how/why. She said I was runnin my mouth saying stuff that I would say, but not in that setting. At one point, I looked to LM to see if she could help me recall and she gave me a "I can barely remember what I did look." Any way, said chick snuck a bottle of Jack in and kept my cup full the entire night. Thanks chick.

Patterson came out wearing a hat which he removed before playing. Not sure why, it looked really good on him. Back to back Love Like This and Feb 14 was very cool and my personal highlight of the show. My first time hearing Two Daughters which was hauntingly beautiful. The show was a lot of fun. Singing, rockin' out and whiskey had me dry and hoarse by the time Patterson announced WE ARE... DRIVE... BY... TRUCKEEEERRRRRSSS!!!!!

We went over the Bryan Street Tavern to meet up with Lurleen and catch the very end and encores of the Slobberbone show. That was a lot of fun. Rhett Miller, Old 97s singer, played during the encores. Driver 8, a Replacements song I don't know, and Big Brown Eyes.

Lurleen, LM, TC, CG, UR, & Bill went back to their hotel. I caught a cab back to suburbia. Hand on the bible, no bullshit, the cabbie told me that he fucked his buddy's ex-wife. Alsum shit always happens to me. Best DBT night evah!
Having a broken heart wears you out.

never going back
Location: You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it.

Post by never going back »

Good times! Thanks to the 3dd crew for everything... even two packs of MY MOST FAVORITE GUM EVER (from Uncle Rickey)! It was fantastic to see UR, CG, Lurleen and BCt again and finally meet TC (whom I thought I had met in Nashville but then realized I didn't) and LM and boyyourself and FNW. Everyone was incredibly nice and chill. I can't wait to see everyone in Athens in a few months (if we don't make Richmond before...).

We encountered some chick that had been in Austin with CG, UR, & Bill. She recognized me from the Gruene Hall show back in March, but I have no idea how/why. She said I was runnin my mouth saying stuff that I would say, but not in that setting. At one point, I looked to LM to see if she could help me recall and she gave me a "I can barely remember what I did look." Any way, said chick snuck a bottle of Jack in and kept my cup full the entire night. Thanks chick.

Was this dark haired girl on the rail with a ponytail? She was extremely rude to me, my sister and her fiance. Extremely. In fact, she was the only rude person I met all night (except for the wasted girl that tried to pry her way to the rail during Zip CIty and called me names when I wouldn't let her in). I was pleasantly surprised with how well behaved and cool the crowd was. Dallas gets points for that.

My sister and her fiance spent their first DBT show on the rail and really liked it. I think they were a little intimidated but mentioned several times today how much they enjoyed the show (and that their ears were still ringing).

Being from Richmond, I enjoyed telling my sister about the DBT/Richmond/Wes Freed connection. She remembered my old "Dirtball" t-shirt (and I dragged her to a few House of Freaks shows years and years ago) and couldn't believe that Patterson wrote a song about the Harvey family. How crazy that they played it in Dallas?! I haven't seen it since Athens a few years ago.

I think 30 Seconds to Mars was the other band playing. I'm not sure but I saw a few signs outside the venue. That crowd was crazy though. Bizarre outfits.

I'm dreading the pictures that might surface. My eyes were crazy in pictures last night. I had "Runaway Bride" eyes. No clue why. I was totally sober.

Anyway, good times. I love DBT.
Can you hear that singing? Sounds like gold...

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

i love reading these after show commentaries. sounds like a great night!
30 seconds to mars...YUCK....i can't stand them or that actor dude w/the eye makeup.
CG you're right, it's gonna be a good night when WTDDS kicks it off.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Penny Lane wrote:30 seconds to mars...YUCK....i can't stand them or that actor dude w/the eye makeup.

He was great in Requiem for a Dream
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

Can I also add that I love what Jay brings to the band? Hell No and Lookout Mountain are all the better for him.
and standing next to poppa FNW during "Two Daughters" was a pretty fuckin awesome moment.
Plus Chin Beers and padded rails and gate kicking rawk!!!!
NSFW

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

littlemamma wrote:Can I also add that I love what Jay brings to the band? Hell No and Lookout Mountain are all the better for him.
and standing next to poppa FNW during "Two Daughters" was a pretty fuckin awesome moment.

The longer jay is in the band the more I appreciate his playing style, and enjoy what he adds to the tunes.
Keep calm and have a cigar

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

littlemamma wrote:Can I also add that I love what Jay brings to the band? Hell No and Lookout Mountain are all the better for him.

shit, they played that?! that's rare, right?

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Penny Lane wrote:

shit, they played that?! that's rare, right?

According to http://oneofthesedays.org/ it been played 50 times since 2007 :geek:
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

I didn't recognize the opening bars and CG told me it was Two Daughters. I said, "I love this song" and LM said "So do I." Occasionally, we have those moments. It's hard to explain cuz most the time we're starring in our own rock douche movie. Besides a band and a zip code, we don't have that much in common. It's kind of a perfect storm that has struck a handful of times. Reading it, it sounds kind of hokey but it is what it is. I guess that's why we still talk to each other. That and we both know where each other's buried bodies are. ;) :lol: :mrgreen:

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

A pretty nice review, by Dallas standards, of the show.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Fool No Where wrote: That and we both know where each other's buried bodies are. ;) :lol: :mrgreen:

NOW you're talkin!! Or, i guess i should say, now start talkin'. Please. Pretty please??

Or at least tell us where to find that car w/ the bodies in it. U know the one i mean. ;)
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Fool No Where wrote:

I didn't recognize the opening bars and CG told me it was Two Daughters. I said, "I love this song" and LM said "So do I." Occasionally, we have those moments. It's hard to explain cuz most the time we're starring in our own rock douche movie. Besides a band and a zip code, we don't have that much in common. It's kind of a perfect storm that has struck a handful of times. Reading it, it sounds kind of hokey but it is what it is. I guess that's why we still talk to each other. That and we both know where each other's buried bodies are. ;) :lol: :mrgreen:

what a great way to say it

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

Fool No Where wrote:

I still talk to you cuz you are the best rock show wing man I know, nuff said. You yell the best. say the funniest stuff, and like to party. I don't need to know much else.
NSFW

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Pictures are up from this show: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=88317&id=1294647349&l=9157550547

Back row:Fishing Pal Hal, Bill in CT, Tequila Cowboy, Fool Nowhere, Uncle Rickey,
Front row: CooleyGirl, LittleMamma, Lurleen McQueen

The guy in the hawaiian shirt was in the wrong line! :lol:

CooleyGirl, Never Going Back
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood