DBT in Denver - 10/13/17

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

TW_2.0

DBT in Denver - 10/13/17

Post by TW_2.0 »

Just got this press release...pretty pricey event:

The WhiskyX Presents Drive-By Truckers, Star-Studded Chefs and Interactive Whisky Tastings

in Denver on Friday, October 13, 2017

Tickets On Sale Thursday, August 31 at 8:00 a.m.MT, for Inaugural Colorado Event

DENVER, CO (August 28, 2017) -- The WhiskyX, an interactive experience that includes whisky tastings, signature dishes from some of the city’s most acclaimed chefs and most notably, a live concert by the alternative country/Southern rock band the Drive-By Truckers, makes it Denver debut on Friday, October 13, at the city’s Wings Over The Rockies Air & Space Museum. Tickets go on sale Thursday, August 31, 2017, at 8:00 a.m. MT via www.thewhiskyx.com.

The WhiskyX offers two ticket options: VIP and General Admission. Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend The WhiskyX Denver and a government-issued photo ID is required for admittance. Both VIP and GA Tickets can be purchased via www.thewhiskyx.com. Tickets go on sale Thursday, August 31, at 8:00 a.m. MT.

The VIP Ticket is $125/person and includes early entry (6:00 p.m.), access to special whisky tastings, exclusive signature dishes from some of Denver’s most acclaimed chefs, interactive lifestyle experiences, the live musical performance by Drive-By Truckers, and more.

The General Admission Ticket is $75/person and includes entry at 7:30 p.m., access to interactive whisky and lifestyle experiences and the live musical performance by Drive-By Truckers.
I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

Iowan

Re: DBT in Denver - 10/13/17

Post by Iowan »

What the fuck is an "interactive lifestyle experience"?

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Iowan wrote:What the fuck is an "interactive lifestyle experience"?
1 in the pink and 2 in the stink.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Flea

Post by Flea »

bovine knievel wrote:
Now it's dark.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Definitely seems like a bit of an odd setting/ situation for a DBT show but whatever, never complain about a home town show! CO has had a good run of Truckers shows this year (albeit most of them being odd one offs)

2 nights at the Ogden Theater in January
2 nights in Boulder at Chautaqua (a super old barn w strict noise ordinance- cool, historic venue but not the place for a Rock Show)
1 night on the ski hill in Snowmass

and now a whiskey and food truck based event at an old airplane hanger (which is actually a cool spot, it's an old air force base- they've done some cool stuff out there)

Maybe they just come out for the weed. War on Drugs is playing the following two nights at the Ogden

Anyway, Gaetzi is IN
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

bovine knievel wrote:
In that case, the price point checks out.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Gaetzi wrote:Definitely seems like a bit of an odd setting/ situation for a DBT show but whatever, never complain about a home town show! CO has had a good run of Truckers shows this year (albeit most of them being odd one offs)

2 nights at the Ogden Theater in January
2 nights in Boulder at Chautaqua (a super old barn w strict noise ordinance- cool, historic venue but not the place for a Rock Show)
1 night on the ski hill in Snowmass

and now a whiskey and food truck based event at an old airplane hanger (which is actually a cool spot, it's an old air force base- they've done some cool stuff out there)

Maybe they just come out for the weed. War on Drugs is playing the following two nights at the Ogden

Anyway, Gaetzi is IN
Nah. Patterson lives in Oregon.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

TW_2.0 wrote:access to interactive whisky and lifestyle experiences and the live musical performance by Drive-By Truckers.[/i]
I generally like to keep my lifestyle experiences and DBT performances separate. I'm down with the interactive whiskey experience however.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Clams

Post by Clams »

bovine knievel wrote:
Not ashamed to admit I had to consult urban dictionary for that one. :)
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Flea

Post by Flea »

Clams wrote:
bovine knievel wrote:
Like someone from Philly doesn't know the Reverse Shocker? Have you never picked up a hooker in Kenso?
Now it's dark.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Flea wrote: Have you never picked up a hooker in Kenso?
Um, well uh...

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

a whiskey event in colorado featuring DBT? now that I put it like that I do believe I will have to attend.

phungi

Post by phungi »

Flea wrote:
Clams wrote:
bovine knievel wrote:
Like someone from Philly doesn't know the Reverse Shocker? Have you never picked up a hooker in Kenso?
Had Cooley known about this back in 2008, "one belt loop" may not have made it into the lyrics for Three Dimes Down...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Anyone know what time DBT will be playing? Event goes from 6-10.

Also- if you see this Patterson, I hope you guys keep The Waiting in the setlist for this one! please and thank you

Clams

Post by Clams »

DBT sure has spent a lot of time in Colorado over the past year or so.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Yep. Lots of one offs in really nice places (boulder, Aspen, Telluride)- only two proper Rock Shows (January at the Ogden) but certainly not complaining. Even this gig is another odd one off

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Just noticed they added a "concert only" ticket option with 9 pm entry, which would include 30 minutes of whiskey sampling. I like whiskey, but maybe not 3 hours' worth, so this is somewhat appealing. $50 vs. $75.

The other concern, though, is that the event is marketed as ending at 10. If concert entry is 9 and it ends at 10, I'm gonna have to pass on this one. I tweeted at WhiskyX to see if I can get some more details on set time/curfew.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:Just noticed they added a "concert only" ticket option with 9 pm entry, which would include 30 minutes of whiskey sampling. I like whiskey, but maybe not 3 hours' worth, so this is somewhat appealing. $50 vs. $75.

The other concern, though, is that the event is marketed as ending at 10. If concert entry is 9 and it ends at 10, I'm gonna have to pass on this one. I tweeted at WhiskyX to see if I can get some more details on set time/curfew.
Oh, come on, man. When has a curfew ever screwed up a DBT show in Colorado? That's unheard of!
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Mundane Mayhem wrote:Just noticed they added a "concert only" ticket option with 9 pm entry, which would include 30 minutes of whiskey sampling. I like whiskey, but maybe not 3 hours' worth, so this is somewhat appealing. $50 vs. $75.

Oh, come on, man. When has a curfew ever screwed up a DBT show in Colorado? That's unheard of!
If we're real lucky, they'll get to play some electric guitars!
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

That doesn't make any sense. Please let us know what you hear back

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Gaetzi wrote:That doesn't make any sense. Please let us know what you hear back
I definitely will. The whole thing seems odd. I was kind of holding out hoping to find a below face Craigslist ticket, and then suddenly there's another ticket option that I'm pretty positive wasn't there before (I don't remember the VIP DD ticket, either).

Adding new ticketing options once people have already selected from their previous, more limited options seems like a great way to piss off lots of customers.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Sent an email too and got this response:
Event Organizers wrote:Thanks for your email. The concert may go past ten but it wont be much longer than 60 minutes. The reason the concert only ticket is $50 is because you will still be able to tasteay or all of our 60+ whiskies for 30 minutes. It is a whisky tasting event after all.

We hope to see you there!

BB
I think I'm out.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Always go to the show. Also, Drink!
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

LBRod wrote:Always go to the show. Also, Drink!
Yeah, I know. On the heels of GABF week, though, unlimited whiskey is about the last thing I need.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Man 60 minutes of DBT is like a tease...$50 for what looks like less than 60 mins, I'd probably be out too.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

brett27295 wrote:Man 60 minutes of DBT is like a tease...$50 for what looks like less than 60 mins, I'd probably be out too.
I'm thinking that money might be better used as a contribution toward my first Homecoming in February.

Clams

Post by Clams »

60 minutes of DBT is still 60 minutes of DBT. And whiskey. For $50. What is wrong with you people? Always go to the show.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Clams wrote:60 minutes of DBT is still 60 minutes of DBT. And whiskey. For $50. What is wrong with you people? Always go to the show.
I'd rather save my money for a full show, they play enough I wouldn't feel like I'm missing much if I skipped a gig like this. I'm a teacher & $50 a ticket is a lot of money to me. I'm sure a lot of people don't feel that way & that's cool.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

brett27295 wrote:
Clams wrote:60 minutes of DBT is still 60 minutes of DBT. And whiskey. For $50. What is wrong with you people? Always go to the show.
I'd rather save my money for a full show, they play enough I wouldn't feel like I'm missing much if I skipped a gig like this. I'm a teacher & $50 a ticket is a lot of money to me. I'm sure a lot of people don't feel that way & that's cool.
Pretty much my thoughts. Swap in "nonprofit professional" for "teacher." Throw in the fact that the crowd seems likely to treat the band as background noise while they get their last whiskey-tastings in and then be either drunk or less enthusiastic than your typical Rock Show audience. I think the communal/crowd aspect is a huge contributor to what makes the Rock Show so special. If that's likely to be missing or underemphasized AND the show is less than half the usual length at twice the usual price (give or take), I'm just not that excited.

That said, when Friday rolls around and it gets real, will I cough it up? Maybe. Definitely gonna keep an eye on Craigslist in the meantime.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

I'm not thrilled to know its going to be a 60 minute set but when DBT is playing 20 minutes from home, I go.