Pickathon Happy Valley, OR Aug 5th

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

northwest trucker

Pickathon Happy Valley, OR Aug 5th

Post by northwest trucker »

Ramon Casiano
Baggage
Gravity`s Gone
PPOTM
Ever South
Surrender Under Protest
What It Means
Marry Me
Let There Be Rock

A beautiful setting for a show and a bunch of great bands at Pickathon this year. Was there with my 10 year old son for his first DBT show and my brother and his daughter. We were right in front of Cooley and Payton (my son) could not have been more excited. Patterson walked out and immediately noticed Payton and the other youngsters and gave them all fist bumps, it was really cool of him.

First three songs couldn't hear vocals really at all, not sure what the problem was. They turned the stage monitors out towards the crowd and that helped a little. By PPOTM they had Patterson's fixed though Cooley's vocals were low all night. They sounded great and played a solid hour set. Cooley's solo at the end of LTBR was right in front of my son and he couldn't have been more excited. As soon as they finished Cooley walked over and handed Payton his pick and it was so cool for my son, the look on his face was one I'll remember forever, a perfect first show for him.... thanks DBT!

Clams

Re: Pickathon Happy Valley, OR Aug 5th

Post by Clams »

northwest trucker wrote:Ramon Casiano
Baggage
Gravity`s Gone
PPOTM
Ever South
Surrender Under Protest
What It Means
Marry Me
Let There Be Rock

A beautiful setting for a show and a bunch of great bands at Pickathon this year. Was there with my 10 year old son for his first DBT show and my brother and his daughter. We were right in front of Cooley and Payton (my son) could not have been more excited. Patterson walked out and immediately noticed Payton and the other youngsters and gave them all fist bumps, it was really cool of him.

First three songs couldn't hear vocals really at all, not sure what the problem was. They turned the stage monitors out towards the crowd and that helped a little. By PPOTM they had Patterson's fixed though Cooley's vocals were low all night. They sounded great and played a solid hour set. Cooley's solo at the end of LTBR was right in front of my son and he couldn't have been more excited. As soon as they finished Cooley walked over and handed Payton his pick and it was so cool for my son, the look on his face was one I'll remember forever, a perfect first show for him.... thanks DBT!
Excellent
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

torrent of the webcast

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=598141

Drive-By Truckers
Pickathon
Mt. Hood Stage
Pendarvis Farm
Happy Valley, Oregon
August 5, 2017

Lineage: LIVE Webcast -> Livestreamer -> FFmpeg (edit) -> .ts
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280x720 2100 Kbps 30.00 fps
Audio: AAC 128 Kbps 48.0 KHz stereo

Setlist:
Ramon Casiano
Baggage
Gravity's Gone
Puttin' People on the Moon
Women Without Whiskey
Ever South
Surrender Under Protest
What It Means
Marry Me
Let There Be Rock

TRT = 01:01:13

Note: This is a perfect capture of the webcast. Any imperfections, if present, were inherent in the broadcast.
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Truckers' set starts somewhere around the 9:05 mark.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

That was big fun. There were several kids up front, and I think they all got picks.
Sunday night in the woods was awesome. I was going to keep a set list, but that was not possible
given my state of mind. Matt sang KKK, and they ended with a rousing Hell No.
It was different hearing two sets without Zip City.
The rest of my Sunday night involved Dungeon, Ty Segall, and Wolf People.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.