New Fall Dates

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Smitty

Re: New Fall Dates

Post by Smitty »

We're debating going to Asheville; I'm off that weekend, we have family there and I've never been.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

glennrwordman

Post by glennrwordman »

Jersey City and Port Chester. Can't wait.

And I COULD be convinced--I could, I could!--to hep up to Albany. Got them lottery tickets...
I’d have a lot of nerve to go feigning shock and outrage/If I'd been my example I’d be worse

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Smitty wrote:We're debating going to Asheville; I'm off that weekend, we have family there and I've never been.
Asheville is a fun place and it's a great time of year for it. So far the Rock gods are smiling in our direction and we're all set to make those shows. Beth's mom and her partner are there so it's always nice to see them and the boys always play great shows at the Peel. Hoping to see y'all there.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I might not be in the field yet for Asheville. Wife and I have always wanted to go there.

Had previously considered seeing the Yawpers in the Twin Cities that Friday and taking my nephew to his first Vikings game that Sunday, but this makes me think pretty hard about it.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Iowan wrote:I might not be in the field yet for Asheville. Wife and I have always wanted to go there.

Had previously considered seeing the Yawpers in the Twin Cities that Friday and taking my nephew to his first Vikings game that Sunday, but this makes me think pretty hard about it.
Would very much like to see this
Always go to the show

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Smitty wrote:We're debating going to Asheville; I'm off that weekend, we have family there and I've never been.
Asheville is a fun place and it's a great time of year for it. So far the Rock gods are smiling in our direction and we're all set to make those shows. Beth's mom and her partner are there so it's always nice to see them and the boys always play great shows at the Peel. Hoping to see y'all there.
Plus Lydia Loveless. (I'm just an accident waiting to happen, you know.) I'm trying to figure out a way to make these shows, too. Oxford and Atlanta x2 is a lot more doable. If I get the breaks, I might get Asheville x2 and Atlanta x2 but no Oxford. Any way you cut it, though, I think I'm skipping the Fayetteville show at George's. I haven't liked that venue as a place to go for decades now.
Last edited by John A Arkansawyer on Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Plus Lydia Lovelace.
:lol:
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

ramonz wrote:
WarHenRecords wrote:Festy only for me.
I've gotten a nice fill of DBT this year already tho.
How is Festy in the new location? I was weaned on the Devil's Backbone version, and while I've loved Lock'n the 2 (3?) times I've gone, it seems like Festy would lose it's intimate feel in Arrington - which was a huge part of its charm for me. Thanks
It's held at the Blue Ridge Bowl portion of the Lockn grounds, not where the big Lockn main stage was.
So it's pretty good. There's a second stage over there too.
I liked the Backbone too, but this venue makes more sense for them logistically I think.
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Tickets purchased, AirBnB booked for 2 nights in Asheville. It's always exciting to get all of that taken care of. Now....we wait.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

brett27295 wrote:Tickets purchased, AirBnB booked for 2 nights in Asheville. It's always exciting to get all of that taken care of. Now....we wait.
Yep, to make the arrangements. The last time we caught the Orange Peel shows my mother in-law lived about 20 miles outside of town. Now they live about 3 miles from the Peel. This is going to be a fun weekend.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Good news (for me--the rest of you can go to hell :lol:) Things have changed and I'm IN for both nights in Atlanta. My ABB tribute band is playing at the Candler Park Fall Festival on Saturday afternoon so I'm not going out of town anymore. The festival is about .5 miles from Variety Playhouse and is free! Perfect place to pre-game!!! We're taking the 5-6 slot away from a Fleetwood Mac tribute band and we're not on the website yet but we will be. Patterson is playing a solo show that afternoon but it's only open to people who buy a $75 VIP pass for the comedy festival the show's a part of. So come see me and my band you HeAthens!!!!!
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

IN for at Atlanta...

This has turned into a crazy trip that's gonna be awesome!

Asheville x 2
Hazard, Ky
** Drive from KY to Atlanta **
Non-DBT shows in Atlanta Tues/Weds/Thu (War on Drugs, Robert Randoplh & TFB, Kenny Wayne Shepard)
DBT x 2 in Atlanta.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

The latest announced show for this year is 10/8 in West Virginia. I would be surprised if that is DBT's last show of 2017. My guess is that they will do shows on the West Coast. The first 2 weekends of November are available for Friday-Saturday at The Fillmore in San Francisco. I would expect one of those weekends to be part of the West Coast tour.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Bill in CT wrote:My guess is that they will do shows on the West Coast. The first 2 weekends of November are available for Friday-Saturday at The Fillmore in San Francisco. I would expect one of those weekends to be part of the West Coast tour.
I like the way you think.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

LBRod wrote:
Bill in CT wrote:My guess is that they will do shows on the West Coast. The first 2 weekends of November are available for Friday-Saturday at The Fillmore in San Francisco. I would expect one of those weekends to be part of the West Coast tour.

Sounds like a damn good idea to me.
Keep calm and have a cigar

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

sactochris wrote:
LBRod wrote:

Me Too!
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

damn, a PeterG sighting, don't get that very often :D
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

as I was texting Bil earlier, I just need to find out the dates I am gonna be in DC. It's a guarantee that whatever days I am back east is when they will play Bay Area :roll:
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

sactochris wrote:
LBRod wrote:

More European dates would be a better idea
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

Bon Scott's AC/DC

Post by Bon Scott's AC/DC »

Don't suppose there is any word on the boys coming back to Europe any time soon?