Baggage

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

chuckrh

Baggage

Post by chuckrh »

Anyone else into this song? I think it's one of the finest Patterson has written. It took awhile to sink in. Maybe because things aren't going so well right now but I had "American Band" on in the car yesterday & "Baggage" hit me hard. Really, a stunning piece of work.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: Baggage

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

One of my favorites on the record. Powerful, moving song that can only truly be understood if you've waded those waters.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

By far my favorite on American Band
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

This is a phenomenal song. Chuck, hang in there. Life can definitely drag you down with the baggage at times, but I think we all have good times as well. I hope you're looking up soon!

Clams

Post by Clams »

Baggage is an under the radar track on American Band but I think it's more "quintessential DBT" than any other song on the record. The lyrics strip you down to the core and leave you opened up, raw and exposed. Whether it makes you think about yourself or someone you love or know (or all of the above), all of us can relate. The way it's so devastating and true to life, it reminds me of top shelf DBT songs like Living Bubba, World of Hurt, Shut Up and get on the Plane. I think it's songs like this that make the Truckers so special.
If you don't run you rust

phungi

Post by phungi »

Was watching Good Will Hunting late night, up until the scene where Sean Maguire (Robin Williams) sits Will down on a bench after their first therapy session. This scene hit me like a ton of bricks, thinking of the actor, not the character. Incredibly humbling and insightful sing.
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Clams wrote:Baggage is an under the radar track on American Band but I think it's more "quintessential DBT" than any other song on the record. The lyrics strip you down to the core and leave you opened up, raw and exposed. Whether it makes you think about yourself or someone you love or know (or all of the above), all of us can relate. The way it's so devastating and true to life, it reminds me of top shelf DBT songs like Living Bubba, World of Hurt, Shut Up and get on the Plane. I think it's songs like this that make the Truckers so special.
Agree with all of this Clams. And (for me), the kick-ass, old-school DBT guitar riff at the beginning - and throughout - works better than the one in Darkened Flags. I still haven't found a connection with that tune, as much as I want to. From first listen on, it just hasn't clicked with me. But Baggage....immediate. Perfect last song for AB.