DBT in Hazard, KY 9/24

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

rlipps

DBT in Hazard, KY 9/24

Post by rlipps »

The boys will be playing at The Forum in Hazard, KY on 9/24. Tyler Childers will open. Tickets supposed to go on sale tomorrow, I spoke to the guy that promotes shows in that area today, and he was hoping to put them on sale around 5:00 pm tomorrow. 60 VIP tickets in the pit will be sold for $100, which includes 3 drink tickets. Rows 3-7, directly behind the pit, range from $40-45. Not sure about anything after that.

I know some people on here have been to see Isbell at Summit City in Whitesburg, KY, and the same guy is promoting this show. The venue holds around 800, and I'm hoping for a sellout so he can book some other good shows. Hazard is a town of about 4500 people and is about 45 minutes from me, so I'm super excited I can go to the Rock Show without having to drive 2 or 3 hours.

Once I get exact times for the tickets sales, I'll post that info on here.

WarHenRecords

Re: DBT in Hazard, KY 9/24

Post by WarHenRecords »

Did a community service trip to Hazard when I was in HS.
One of the most blown out places I've ever been in my life.
Surprised they are playing there, but great for the town.
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords

alquina
Location: Indiana girl from a town a man with a "T" wrote a song about!

Post by alquina »

We're in for this show. If you aren't familiar with Tyler, you're in for a treat!

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Here's some info from the promoter if anyone wants to purchase tix before they go on sale to general public for this show:

I am doing the Pre-sale this week.. They can call me in my box office at 606-434-8648 7am-11pm weekly.

National announcement for the whole tour coming up quickly.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

rlipps wrote:National announcement for the whole tour coming up quickly.
This post was 3 weeks ago. I hope the tour announcement happens soon.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

After seeing all the much-deserved love for Tyler Childers and his great new album, Purgatory, I figured I'd give this thread a bump. A double bill of the Truckers and Childers will be hard to beat, so I've very excited for this show. Hopefully the people turn out so we can keep getting shows of this caliber in an area that normally doesn't get anything but retread hair metal acts on nostalgia tours. Call my good friend Greg at 606-434-8648 and he'll hook you up with tickets.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Gonna give this thread a bump, as I saw last night where they were getting close to a sellout. So, if anyone is interested in seeing a great double bill of DBT & Tyler Childers, you probably need to act fast before tickets are gone.

boyyourself

Post by boyyourself »

I hear you rlipps.
Purgatory has managed to sum up my life quite well and is the first thing ive connected with anything since American Band.
Ive tried to figure out how to get out to Hazard for this show but i just cant.
My money is on them doing more shows together down the line.
I also wish is was doing Asheville but the fact that Truckers are doin shows with Lydia and Tyler has rocked my world.
on this here anniversary life seems like a southern rock opera. boyyourself

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

This is going to be one kick ass show. Unfortunately I have friends coming in for Asheville and have to get them back to the airport on Sunday
Always go to the show

phungi

Post by phungi »

Jonicont wrote:This is going to be one kick ass show. Unfortunately I have friends coming in for Asheville and have to get them back to the airport on Sunday
It is rare for Jonicont to violate his own mantra...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

alquina wrote:We're in for this show. If you aren't familiar with Tyler, you're in for a treat!
i met Tyler yesterday just before his show in Bristol. he commented on my DBT hat. he said he was super stoked to open for DBT

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

In!

Does anyone know a decent sports bar where football fans can pregame in Hazard this Sunday?
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

Bill in CT wrote:In!

Does anyone know a decent sports bar where football fans can pregame in Hazard this Sunday?
Dammit, the name escapes me: Anybody over 40 know the name of the bar in Dukes of Hazard? Was it The Crow's Nest?

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

211poundsofpork wrote:

Dammit, the name escapes me: Anybody over 40 know the name of the bar in Dukes of Hazard? Was it The Crow's Nest?
The Boar's Nest

211poundsofpork

Dammit I suck. Losing my memory. Thanks rlipps! While you are on a roll, what was the name of Daisy Duke's 1st car- that yellow one that I believe 'dem Duke boys drove over a cliff in one episode. A Duster? Charger?

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

211poundsofpork wrote:Dammit I suck. Losing my memory. Thanks rlipps! While you are on a roll, what was the name of Daisy Duke's 1st car- that yellow one that I believe 'dem Duke boys drove over a cliff in one episode. A Duster? Charger?
Plymouth Road Runner. I was born in 1978, so the height of that show's popularity was right in my formative years. It was my favorite as a young kid.

211poundsofpork

...born in '74 and effin' LOVED that show. "CLEDUS! You Dipstick!" I remember my parents made me go to bed after that once Falcon Crest or Dallas (I forget which) came on.
Last edited by 211poundsofpork on Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Bill, I checked with some locals on the event page for the show on FB, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but no Sunday alcohol sales in Hazard. They did say, however, they would be able to sell alcohol at the show that night.

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

211poundsofpork wrote:Dammit I suck. Losing my memory. Thanks rlipps! While you are on a roll, what was the name of Daisy Duke's 1st car- that yellow one that I believe 'dem Duke boys drove over a cliff in one episode. A Duster? Charger?

and the Hazard in the show was in Georgia ;)

gordonlw

Post by gordonlw »

oh and man I hope this show gets taped! kind of doubt it will though.

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

Ramon Casiano
Baggage
Women Without Whiskey
The Deeper In
Ghost To Most
Goodes Field Road
First Air of Autumn
My Sweet Annette
Marry Me
Ronnie And Neil
Surrender Under Protest
Sinkhole
Uncle Frank
18 Wheels of Love
Filthy and Fried
Righteous Path
Kinky Hypocrite
Perilous Night
Gravitys Gone
Darkened Flags
English Oceans
Let There Be Rock
Zip City
Angels and Fuselage

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Hey Rodney. What went down. A number of folks were not happy
Always go to the show

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Jonicont wrote:Hey Rodney. What went down. A number of folks were not happy
I'm still trying to figure out exactly what happened myself. When we got there, people were lined up waiting to pick up tickets at will call. I had a text receipt because I had ordered my tix over the phone, when I got up there to get my tickets, all they gave me was a wristband and just told me where my seats where, so I had no way of proving the seats I would be sitting in were actually mine.

That became a problem when we tried to move out way up to our seats during Tyler Childers' set and couldn't even make it to our row because of the people standing in the aisle. Finally got to our seats and they were occupied, and the people said a worker had told them they were supposed to be there. Decided to just stand in the back until his set was over and then make our way up before DBT. Had to get the promoter to take us to our seats and make sure we were in the correct spot.

Also, I heard several people complaining about no alcohol sales, when they had advertised there would be. I even shared that info on here because the promoter told me they would be selling. That seemed to piss off a bunch of people, and I'm not sure if it was a combination of all those factors, plus the fact that since Childers was basically playing a hometown show, a lot of people were mainly there to see him, but the crowd thinned about considerably by halfway through DBT's set.

I feel awful because even though I had nothing to do with putting this show on, I tried to promote it for months because we just don't get shows like this in our area, and sadly, after last night, I can kind of understand why we don't. Greg, the promoter, is a super guy, but obviously some things could have been done differently to make for a better experience.

As far as the show goes, the boys, especially Cooley, seemed to be in a good mood. He introduced Kinky Hypocrite by saying, "I was thinking about this song today and I decided it sounded like Social Distortion doing Achy Breaky Heart".

As far as the people that went to the show, especially those of you that traveled a long way, I'm sorry if you had a bad experience, and hopefully the guys there will learn from their mistakes and get it right next time.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

On Facebook, Greg Napier wrote:Thank you to everyone, who traveled both near and far, who came to DBT/Tyler Childers show last night at the Forum. I think we can all agree that the talent we saw was exceptional. I think we can also all agree that there were issues that made the experience challenging and for that, I offer my sincerest apologies.

This concert series started 11 years ago in a much smaller venue that allowed for me to meet and speak with almost each concert-goer from 49 different states . I enjoyed meeting and speaking with music enthusiasts like myself and loved seeing people return show after show. With the growth of this series, demand required larger venues to accommodate the kinds of bands and musicians that were suddenly taking interest in playing in Eastern Kentucky. Last night was the largest concert to date of this series. The evening, however, was bittersweet, as with the largest crowd to date came the growing pains.

I can assure you that we will learn from last night’s show. For all future shows, we will have 3 separate lines, clearly marked, to accommodate all ticket-holders. We will have ushers to walk you to your seat, if requested. We will guarantee you will have the seat you purchased. We will work harder to make this a better concert experience for everyone. We are reviewing new options for our ticketing process, which may include going completely online, a move I was hesitant to make earlier because, as I mentioned before, I enjoyed the personal interaction with customers who called to purchase tickets. Please understand that any miscommunication in seating was just that, a miscommunication and for that, I apologize.

I love music and I love bringing music to our beautiful region. Without the support of friends like you, I would not be able to do bring in some of the great artists we love so thank you. I hope to see you guys at another show someday soon. We love all of our music friends and can't thank you enough for your friendship.
I'd give him a second chance.
Last edited by John A Arkansawyer on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
On Facebook, Gary Napier wrote:Thank you to everyone, who traveled both near and far, who came to DBT/Tyler Childers show last night at the Forum. I think we can all agree that the talent we saw was exceptional. I think we can also all agree that there were issues that made the experience challenging and for that, I offer my sincerest apologies.

This concert series started 11 years ago in a much smaller venue that allowed for me to meet and speak with almost each concert-goer from 49 different states . I enjoyed meeting and speaking with music enthusiasts like myself and loved seeing people return show after show. With the growth of this series, demand required larger venues to accommodate the kinds of bands and musicians that were suddenly taking interest in playing in Eastern Kentucky. Last night was the largest concert to date of this series. The evening, however, was bittersweet, as with the largest crowd to date came the growing pains.

I can assure you that we will learn from last night’s show. For all future shows, we will have 3 separate lines, clearly marked, to accommodate all ticket-holders. We will have ushers to walk you to your seat, if requested. We will guarantee you will have the seat you purchased. We will work harder to make this a better concert experience for everyone. We are reviewing new options for our ticketing process, which may include going completely online, a move I was hesitant to make earlier because, as I mentioned before, I enjoyed the personal interaction with customers who called to purchase tickets. Please understand that any miscommunication in seating was just that, a miscommunication and for that, I apologize.

I love music and I love bringing music to our beautiful region. Without the support of friends like you, I would not be able to do bring in some of the great artists we love so thank you. I hope to see you guys at another show someday soon. We love all of our music friends and can't thank you enough for your friendship.
I was just coming over here to post that message. Greg is an outstanding dude that loves music and loves this area of the country. He's brought people like Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson, St Paul & the Broken Bones and now DBT to a place that is off the beaten path, and I know he feels worse than anyone about what happened last night. Hopefully, they'll learn from this and things will work smoother next time (I hope so anyways, cause those Bret Michaels fan next weekend might not be so forgiving as us Heathens, lol).

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Tyler wrote:Ramon Casiano
Baggage
Women Without Whiskey
The Deeper In
Ghost To Most
Goodes Field Road
First Air of Autumn
My Sweet Annette
Marry Me
Ronnie And Neil
Surrender Under Protest
Sinkhole
Uncle Frank
18 Wheels of Love
Filthy and Fried
Righteous Path
Kinky Hypocrite
Perilous Night
Gravitys Gone
Darkened Flags
English Oceans
Let There Be Rock
Zip City
Angels and Fuselage
The KKK Took My Baby Away was in there somewhere too

Clams

Post by Clams »

Rodney, how was Tyler Childers opening set? Also, did your fantasy football performance earlier in the day have any affect on your mood for the show?
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
On Facebook, Greg Napier wrote:Thank you to everyone, who traveled both near and far, who came to DBT/Tyler Childers show last night at the Forum. I think we can all agree that the talent we saw was exceptional. I think we can also all agree that there were issues that made the experience challenging and for that, I offer my sincerest apologies.

Saw this on FB and was impressed. Still am. The geography is unlikely to work but if the opportunity arises i, too, would give him a second chance.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard