DBT Facbook page says something interesting might happen

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: DBT Facbook page says something interesting might happen

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

211poundsofpork wrote:If it was only one song Jason was sitting in for at the rawk show, I would love it to be Decoration Day.
Daylight or STFU :lol: :lol: :lol:
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
LBRod wrote:Somebody tell me about Cooley's guitar.
x2
Baxendale conversion. Guessing probably originally a Harmony or a Kay. Scott Baxendale has done quite a few of those lately where he restores/rebuilds (and improves) old guitars. I believe Patterson also is playing one in the vid.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

RolanK wrote:
LBRod wrote:Somebody tell me about Cooley's guitar.
x2
Baxendale conversion. Guessing probably originally a Harmony or a Kay. Scott Baxendale has done quite a few of those lately where he restores/rebuilds (and improves) old guitars. I believe Patterson also is playing one in the vid.
I think Patterson holds that Gene Autry guitar like a talisman, like he's Defending against the Dark Arts. I don't think I've seen him play What It Means on anything else.

It's a fine tradition. According to Wikipedia, which just told me more than I ever knew about Gene Autry (including that my dad probably met him during the war):
During the 1930s and 1940s, he personified the straight-shooting hero—honest, brave, and true—and profoundly touched the lives of millions of Americans...

During World War II, Autry enlisted in the United States Army in 1942, and became a tech sergeant in the United States Army Air Corps. Holding a private pilot certificate, he was determined to become a military pilot and earned his Service Pilot rating in June 1944, serving as a C-109 transport pilot with the rank of flight officer. Assigned to a unit of the Air Transport Command, he flew as part of the dangerous airlift operation over the Himalayas between India and China, nicknamed the Hump...

Johnny Cash recorded a song in 1978 about Autry called "Who is Gene Autry?" Cash also got Autry to sign his famous black Martin D-35 guitar, which he plays in the video of "Hurt."..

The Museum of the American West in Los Angeles' Griffith Park was founded in 1988 as the Gene Autry Western Heritage Museum, featuring much of his collection of Western art and memorabilia. It is now called The Autry National Center and is divided into two locations, eight miles apart from each other. Its mission is to present the unique and diverse perspectives of the American West, including the romanticized West in pop culture and the "real" nuanced history, including native and minority voices.
But I'd never seen the one Cooley is playing before.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:
brett27295 wrote:
Zip City wrote:How much would you pay for a tour of 12ish Jason and the 400 Unit songs, 12ish DBT songs, then an 8 song encore playing together?
$0.00

I'd like to personally witness Jason sitting in with DBT for a few songs but I have zero interest in the scenario you describe above. Mostly because a 12 song DBT set makes me slightly sick to my stomach.
Same. If Jason wants to sit in for an entire set and mix in some of his DBT material that's just dandy. But Jason solo songs at a DBT show? No thanks.

I love how you purists say you would not be interested in some sort of reunion tour, when in reality, you (like me) would be the first in line to purchase tickets. ;) ;) ;) ;)
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

John A Arkansawyer

pearlbeer wrote:
Zip City wrote:How much would you pay for a tour of 12ish Jason and the 400 Unit songs, 12ish DBT songs, then an 8 song encore playing together?
brett27295 wrote:$0.00

I'd like to personally witness Jason sitting in with DBT for a few songs but I have zero interest in the scenario you describe above. Mostly because a 12 song DBT set makes me slightly sick to my stomach.
Zip Up to Michigan wrote:Same. If Jason wants to sit in for an entire set and mix in some of his DBT material that's just dandy. But Jason solo songs at a DBT show? No thanks.
I love how you purists say you would not be interested in some sort of reunion tour, when in reality, you (like me) would be the first in line to purchase tickets. ;) ;) ;) ;)
I'd go, but just to yell "Judas!" and see what happened. ;-)
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

John A Arkansawyer wrote:I'd go, but just to yell "Judas!" and see what happened. ;-)
this is what would happen:

John A Arkansawyer

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:I'd go, but just to yell "Judas!" and see what happened. ;-)

I think that ship has already sailed. ;-)

whatwouldcooleydo?

I think that ship has already sailed. ;-)
I don't believe you................you're a LIAR!!!

John A Arkansawyer

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:this is what would happen:

John A Arkansawyer wrote:I think that ship has already sailed. ;-)
I don't believe you................you're a LIAR!!!
Okay, so maybe it's coming back.

whatwouldcooleydo?

good lord, I almost posted that

It scares the living shit out of me to think that we were both thinking the same thing at pert near the same time ;)

John A Arkansawyer

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:good lord, I almost posted that

It scares the living shit out of me to think that we were both thinking the same thing at pert near the same time ;)

Your move. See if you can guess the video which would have come somewhere in there.

whatwouldcooleydo?

in case anyone hasn't already seen this

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

pearlbeer wrote:
But a reunion tour wasn't being discussed. It was some sort of hybrid co-headlining deal with each band doing 12 songs and then doing an encore of 8 songs. I wouldn't be excited about that. And you did call my bluff on one thing...yeah, I would probably buy tickets if it came to Raleigh or nearby :lol:
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

pearlbeer wrote:
Dude, we'll be first in line to purchase tickets no matter what the circumstances.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Have no idea how I missed this last week but (stating the obvious) Outfit was special. :mrgreen:
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life