DBT Facbook page says something interesting might happen

Talk about the songs, the shows, and anything else DBT related here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

DBT Facbook page says something interesting might happen

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

John A Arkansawyer

Re: DBT Facbook page says something interesting might happen

Sure enough. There's Jason.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

John A Arkansawyer

And now the Dimmer Twins.

John A Arkansawyer

With a second song. Always nice to hear Patterson play some lead on When They Banned Imagine. Cooley is in his Willard's Garage t-shirt. And now Patterson is singing What It Means.

zoid

Post by zoid »

Word is we should keep watching. I'm thinking Isbell is going to join them for a song.

John A Arkansawyer

zoid wrote:Word is we should keep watching. I'm thinking Isbell is going to join them for a song.
I wasn't planning on turning off the Dimmer Twins. I already missed getting their t-shirt.

John A Arkansawyer

TVA? Nope. Outfit.

John A Arkansawyer

I wasn't prepared for that to hit me that hard. I heard it with a few different words addressed to a kid who might live near Little Rock. You could tell they were feeling it. I sure was.

John A Arkansawyer

FYI, there's a View Again button on the screen.

alquina
Location: Indiana girl from a town a man with a "T" wrote a song about!

Post by alquina »

That was beautiful

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Wow. That was special.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

My comments in close to real time:

"Wow, that was something. Well worth your time. Super slow, achingly beautiful "imagine" and voicebreakingly passionate "What It Means" complete w/ changed lyric (something about wagging fingers insteand of spinning it for the anchors) by the Dimmer Twins and then Jason joins for a powerful "Outfit," as good as any version I've heard, w/ great backing vocal by Patterson and acoustic lead by Cooley."
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

SouthernFriedCanuck

Post by SouthernFriedCanuck »

Right on! Thanks for the link. That was really good. :D Cheers!
"It's fucking great to be alive!"

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

How much would you pay for a tour of 12ish Jason and the 400 Unit songs, 12ish DBT songs, then an 8 song encore playing together?
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Zip City wrote:How much would you pay for a tour of 12ish Jason and the 400 Unit songs, 12ish DBT songs, then an 8 song encore playing together?
$0.00

I'd like to personally witness Jason sitting in with DBT for a few songs but I have zero interest in the scenario you describe above. Mostly because a 12 song DBT set makes me slightly sick to my stomach.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

brett27295 wrote:
Zip City wrote:How much would you pay for a tour of 12ish Jason and the 400 Unit songs, 12ish DBT songs, then an 8 song encore playing together?
$0.00

I'd like to personally witness Jason sitting in with DBT for a few songs but I have zero interest in the scenario you describe above. Mostly because a 12 song DBT set makes me slightly sick to my stomach.
Same. If Jason wants to sit in for an entire set and mix in some of his DBT material that's just dandy. But Jason solo songs at a DBT show? No thanks.

jh13

Post by jh13 »

Zip Up to Michigan wrote:
brett27295 wrote:
$0.00

Same. If Jason wants to sit in for an entire set and mix in some of his DBT material that's just dandy. But Jason solo songs at a DBT show? No thanks.
Seeing Patterson and Cooley play along with Alabama Pines and Cover Me Up in Florence back in 2015 is one of the best things I've ever seen live.

John A Arkansawyer

I really dug both shows I saw on the Rock and Roll Means Well tour, but this set-up wouldn't be the same. The 8-song encore would end up being mostly Jason songs or would dissatisfy too many people still living in the past.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
I really dug both shows I saw on the Rock and Roll Means Well tour, but this set-up wouldn't be the same. The 8-song encore would end up being mostly Jason songs or would dissatisfy too many people still living in the past.
Completely disagree. Jason loves playing hood/Cooley songs. I think you'd get encores with Heathens, Decoration Day, Zip City, Lookout Mtn, Never Gonna Change, etc.

I'm completely floored people would be against this

John A Arkansawyer

Zip City wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Completely disagree. Jason loves playing hood/Cooley songs. I think you'd get encores with Heathens, Decoration Day, Zip City, Lookout Mtn, Never Gonna Change, etc.

I'm completely floored people would be against this
I didn't say playing a DBT-with-Jason encore would dissatisfy the band. All three of them would love it. You could see that on their faces yesterday. I'd love it, too.

What I am saying is that there are too many people in the audience who it would dissatisfy. Do you really want to have people yelling for Jason songs when Patterson or Cooley are trying to play theirs? There was this one guy at the Hood-Cooley-Isbell show, a tall dude at the front, far stage left, who was so obnoxious. He didn't do that, but judging by how he acted there, he would be doing it at this show. So I'm not against the idea of some sort of a joint tour. If they want to do that, I think that'd be great. I'd pay whatever I've paid for a DBT show to see it. I just think the way you've hypothesized it is guaranteed trouble. Longer band sets, shorter encore. Then you're talking.

ETA: I bolded the part of how you put it that set me on this line of thinking. I don't want to see a nostalgia show.

ETA Again: Not that I regard those songs as nostalgia. Far from it. But either an encore inevitably made up of them or audience members hassling about it? No, thank you.

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

If it was only one song Jason was sitting in for at the rawk show, I would love it to be Decoration Day.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I don't see how the audience would be dissatisfied, outside of the nouveau-Jason fans who don't know DBT's catalog

John A Arkansawyer

Zip City wrote:I don't see how the audience would be dissatisfied, outside of the nouveau-Jason fans who don't know DBT's catalog
Let's see...eight song encore. You've just heard Patterson and Cooley do six songs each, and you wish Jason had never left the band. Decoration Day, Outfit, Never Gonna Change, Goddamn Lonely Love, The Day John Henry Died, Danko/Manuel, When The Well Runs Dry, TVA. Do you really want to have that argument with the audience?

There are still people for whom that's the version of the band. I get that, even though I don't share it. And that hypothetical tour would bring them out.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

A one off show with Jason sitting in would be one thing, and an alternating headliner tour would be cool, but yeah I think we're too far past the scenario Zip described.

Although lately it seems that if I say something will "never happen" it almost immediately thereafter does, so who knows.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Ok ok, just one 35 song show at Homecoming with all three on stage all night

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

Jason doesn't even play more than 3 DBT songs per night at his own shows. The occasional sit-in is fine but I am happy with DBT shows the way they are now. I am seeing one Jason show next month and I'm sure that will tide me over until 2018.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Zip City wrote:Ok ok, just one 35 song show at Homecoming with all three on stage all night
IN
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Somebody tell me about Cooley's guitar.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

John A Arkansawyer

LBRod wrote:Somebody tell me about Cooley's guitar.
x2